Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Closed Thread

Old Mar 13, 2021, 09:50 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber
Default Upgrading from i7 7700K to Ryzen 7 5800X

MAXIMUM excitement ensues! Upgrade parts have been ordered. I am completely rebuilding my PC around the RTX 3090 in such a way that will maximize the performance of this ultra high end video card. No more limping along losing 10-15% to CPU/system bottleneck.

My last AMD CPU was the Athlon X2 4400+ on an Asus A8N-SLI with a Geforce 7900GT. When Core 2 Duo launched, I jumped on E6600, overclocked it to 3.6Ghz, and never looked back at AMD for a decade and a half except to keep an occasional glance over to see if they were back in the game again yet. Ryzen 1000 series gave me hope. Ryzen 2000 series stepped that hope up, but wasn't enough, nor was the 3000 series, but it really made me pay attention. The 5000 series is perfect, exactly enough to bring me back.

I did really consider the 5900 and 5950, but didn't feel like they would contribute anything at all to gaming that I couldn't already get from 5800X. While I do some modding content creation, and the extra vram of 3090 helps with texture editing, I don't need that many CPU cores and wouldn't see much benefit from them in what I'm doing.

The list of parts incoming to arrive next Tuesday are as follows:

Ryzen 7 5800X
Asus TUF X570 Plus (WiFi)
Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0 M.2 500Gb
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 (4x8Gb)
Corsair H100i Elite Capellix AIO cooler

Essentially this guts my current machine, replacing the 4 year old Core i7 7700K, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance (same speed, worse timings than replacement ram), Asus TUF Z270 Mark 1, Samsung 960 Pro M.2 500Gb PCIe 3.0, and EVGA CLC240 AIO. The PNY RTX 3090 Revel XLR8 will carry over to the new build, as well as the Corsair Carbide 400C, Corsair HX850i Platinum will all be staying. My existing Corsair ML120 RGB fans will also carry over, but be connected to the new controller that comes with the H100i Elite Capellix since it's Corsair's premium controller.

For the record, I really considered waiting the 2 extra weeks for Rocket Lake. AMD has the current USB bug going on working as a negative, but if weighing negatives, Rocket Lake's backported, giant die is gonna be a heat beast for poor 240mm AIO owners. I don't want to replace my case, and the 400C has no room for a 360mm anyway. Rocket Lake is playing catchup to Ryzen 5000 gaming performance as it is, and dumps massive heat into my lap to deal with. Ryzen 7 5800X isn't exactly cool running, but is easily managed on a 240mm rad based AIO. This made my choice for me.

EXCITED!

Old Mar 13, 2021, 09:55 AM   #2
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Oh very nice Mosh, enjoy.

yoz
Old Mar 13, 2021, 10:09 AM   #3
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Oh very nice Mosh, enjoy.
I'm upping my Corsair game as well in this round. Dumping the EVGA AIO and Samsung M.2 for Corsair parts, bringing up the total Corsair-ness of my machine

Edit: Not really dumping them though, just keeping them with the 7700K as they all work well together. The EVGA AIO and Samsung M.2 will accompany the 7700K, ram and mobo to it's new home.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 13, 2021, 10:12 AM   #4
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Great plan, nothing goes to waste.

Did you see my thread? Ended up getting an Intel 10900KF for $317 @ MicroCenter and a Rager sold me an open box MSI Tomahawk Z490 for $150.

yoz
Old Mar 13, 2021, 10:15 AM   #5
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Get at least 3600 ram.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 10:28 AM   #6
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Nice new machine!

Just curious - I assume you used the 3090 with the i7 7700K. What games out there made it struggle noticeably enough to warrant a whole new system? I'm using a 7700K as well, with a 2080ti and playing at 1440p. So far I have yet to encounter any games that don't run buttery smooth on Ultra settings. I don't keep track of actual fps that much. As long as it "feels" smooth, that's all I care about. I don't think I could tell the difference between 100fps and 120fps TBH.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 11:26 AM   #7
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Nice, just got a 5800x myself, was more of a sidegrade for me than a upgrading coming from a 9900k, but I got it more for playing with and PCi express 4. (GPU and NVME reasons).
Old Mar 13, 2021, 11:30 AM   #8
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Nice new machine!

Just curious - I assume you used the 3090 with the i7 7700K. What games out there made it struggle noticeably enough to warrant a whole new system? I'm using a 7700K as well, with a 2080ti and playing at 1440p. So far I have yet to encounter any games that don't run buttery smooth on Ultra settings. I don't keep track of actual fps that much. As long as it "feels" smooth, that's all I care about. I don't think I could tell the difference between 100fps and 120fps TBH.
None struggle yet. None at all. The thinking here though is, I can measure a solid 10-15% average loss of performance in games and up to 20% loss in synthetics versus reviews using a reference RTX 3090 and modern 8 core/16 thread processor (examples: 10700K, 11700K, 5800X).

While this loss doesn't impact current gaming experience at all, it is sure to do so in the next 2 years of ownership when games are already coming out like Cyberpunk 2077, Metro Exodus, and other ray tracing heavy games knocking performance expectations down over time. Games coming out near the end of this year and into the next will drop lower and lower on minimum frame rates on a 4 core, 8 thread processor.

Right now, playing Cyberpunk 2077 is dreamy smooth and crisp, but watching the frame rate drop to the 50's, below the 60 mark, EVER, on a 3090 is not necessary with that game, and doesn't happen on 10700K or 5800X. And due to this, I see where this is going. i7 7700K was perfect for this last 4 years, but 3090 is showing where 7700K is near the end of it's run.

With the 5800X, I give up nothing in IPC or clock speeds, so my single threaded performance remains roughly close to the same as 7700K, or slightly better, but what will really come up is those minimum frame rates. At 1440p I should see no less than 62-65fps minimum and closer to 85fps average with maxed out settings and ray tracing, DLSS quality mode in CP2077. Right now on 7700K + 3090, I get around 52 as the lowest seen minimum and around 75-78 average at maxed out settings. Solid for gaming as is, but not solid anymore if ANYTHING is added to the mix.

It's a reasonable performance goal with a solid eye on the near future, I think.

To Acroig - Oooooo, NICE! The 10900KF was a real contender as well in my choices and had 5800X not dropped so much in price suddenly might have won a place, though 10700KF was really the one I had my eye most on. You nailed a killer deal though, for that price I would have gone exactly same route.

To SirBaron - Yup, PCIe 4.0 did play a role in this upgrade cycle for me as well. Big consideration.

Last edited by moshpit : Mar 13, 2021 at 11:40 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 11:37 AM   #9
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Get at least 3600 ram.
No. You get at least 3600 ram. Don't tell me what to do
Old Mar 13, 2021, 11:49 AM   #10
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Well I guess then you deserve to run the system without optimization.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 12:16 PM   #11
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Well I guess then you deserve to run the system without optimization.
Pffft, I'll take the lower timings over 12% clock speed anyday. Your mom is unoptimized
Old Mar 13, 2021, 12:44 PM   #12
KAC
It might be gays!

You can get lower timings on 3600 as well.
As low as CL14.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 01:04 PM   #13
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Nice but did you get a good price on the cpu? It does seem like the better buy is the intel part right now price wise if you dont care about power usage.

Prices up here change all the time but typically the 5800x is 750$ plus tax.

Can get the Tuf cheap tho, ~200-250$, which is great.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
Old Mar 13, 2021, 02:08 PM   #14
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshpit View Post
Pffft, I'll take the lower timings over 12% clock speed anyday.
lol man it's gonna blow your mind when you find out 3600CL16 is basically standard this late in DDR4's life, and that Ryzen sees a good performance boost from running at 3600 with a 1:1 fclk
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Last edited by Nunz : Mar 13, 2021 at 02:18 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 02:35 PM   #15
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Nice but did you get a good price on the cpu? It does seem like the better buy is the intel part right now price wise if you dont care about power usage.

Prices up here change all the time but typically the 5800x is 750$ plus tax.

Can get the Tuf cheap tho, ~200-250$, which is great.
$449.99, seemed MSRP, far as I can tell.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 02:38 PM   #16
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
lol man it's gonna blow your mind when you find out 3600CL16 is basically standard this late in DDR4's life, and that Ryzen sees a good performance boost from running at 3600 with a 1:1 fclk
It won't blow my mind at all. I bought what I bought and it's on it's way. And it will match the reviews with the same memory, same CPU, and reference RTX 3090 as intended. Everything you and KAC are promoting costs more money. I blew my wad on what I got. Telling me what would have been faster helps nobody but your own egos this late in the game, not to sound rude...
Old Mar 13, 2021, 02:47 PM   #17
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

I mean, if we're gonna talk about what I SHOULD have gotten, how about a Ryzen 9 5950X, maybe some nice DDR4 4000 and a new case while I was at it since mine won't hold a 360mm.... Maybe I should have splurged on the super-duper 700+ dollar X570 board instead of the 200 dollar bang for buck choice I made...

We can play that stupid game all day long, it doesn't help anybody but the ego of the one making silly suggestions AFTER a purchase is made and the user is happy with it. Honestly, people.... Show some class. What do you expect me to do, return the PERFECTLY good ram I ordered already and buy what YOU want me to buy? Sorry, doesn't work like that. I bought what -I- wanted to buy and am happy with it.

Edit - Suggest things like utilities I will need for AMD that I may not have for Intel. Suggest bios tweaks or maybe even PCIe settings to avoid bugs. Gimme something USEFUL, not your fantasy of what YOU would buy, it's too late for that and I wouldn't have listened to begin with. I know what parts I want and buy those. Done it since most of you wern't even members of this forum, and a decade before that even. If I need your help picking parts, I will ask for it BEFORE I buy them, not after.

This means you, especially, KAC... I was joking above, because that's how seriously I take your suggestions. You clearly were not making that suggestion for my benefit, I clearly said what I already bought and was on it's way and unlike you, I don't just send back perfectly good hardware for a spec number somebody on a forum suggests post-event. I picked what I could afford and wanted. End of story. Got any good tweak suggestions for the parts I picked? I'm all ears for that...

Edit 2: Work with me here, folks... This is Rage3D, once the premier ATI/AMD fans site for years and one of the best sites for tech tweaks in the old days. I'm kinda lost with the whole AMD system level tweaks and hoped to lean a bit on my oldest, most trusted resource to bounce ideas off of. If and when I need help with selecting parts, just call the old folks home for me already, I shouldn't be building anything anymore if I need help picking the parts that fit my budget. Been doing it a tad too long to need help there, but would be sure to speak up if I did. As it is, I just want some pointers of how to get the most out of what I ordered without being told to go buy something else. Is that so hard?

Last edited by moshpit : Mar 13, 2021 at 03:02 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:09 PM   #18
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

KAC made a good suggestion and didn't deserve that kind of response. Whatever man
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:11 PM   #19
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

For honesty sake, I should point out the ONE mistake I do feel I made, but is not a big deal. The MP600 should have been the Pro version, I did not get that. And that rankles a bit, that was me over-stretching my funds to get an extra thing in that is of questionable use... Let me explain:

Technically speaking, I didn't need the Corsair H100i AIO. It's about the same cooling power as the existing EVGA CLC240, but I loved the look of the Ellite Capellix and wanted it in my case instead of the CLC240, which was a vanity choice. Pushing that extra cost meant I needed to downsize the M.2 choice I was going with, and previously I had the ADATA XPG S70 1Tb selected, but dropped it for cost reasons. Those savings went into the AIO.

This may have been a questionable choice, though no major harm is done and I don't feel compelled to do anything about it as I know the non-Pro MP600 will do just fine. I do not foresee any buyers remorse in my near future at all. Later on, I will just snag a 1Tb Pro version and do a swap out, move the non-pro to become a Steam drive or something. Drive mistakes of this nature are inconsequential in the overall experience, I believe. Edit - I should note, drive mistakes are inconsequential because you can still use the "mistake" drive in the same build as the replacement, unlike ram already filling all slots.

Last edited by moshpit : Mar 13, 2021 at 03:22 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:12 PM   #20
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
KAC made a good suggestion and didn't deserve that kind of response. Whatever man
Buying something new and more expensive is a good suggestion? Mentioning I was on a budget is irrelevant to you, I assume.

Edit: The kind of suggestions that are useful to somebody who's already bought parts they are happy with is NOT "go buy this instead!", I'm pretty sure you are reasonable enough to see that?
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:15 PM   #21
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshpit View Post
We can play that stupid game all day long, it doesn't help anybody but the ego of the one making silly suggestions AFTER a purchase is made and the user is happy with it. Honestly, people.... Show some class. What do you expect me to do, return the PERFECTLY good ram I ordered already and buy what YOU want me to buy? Sorry, doesn't work like that. I bought what -I- wanted to buy and am happy with it.
Mosh I think the confusion stems from the pic you posted, says processing with a ship date of 3/15 so people might have assumed that you still had time to change some components if you wanted to.

Ryzen CPUs love faster memory, hence the suggestions but clearly nothing wrong with what you got. Enjoy.

yoz
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:24 PM   #22
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Mosh I think the confusion stems from the pic you posted, says processing with a ship date of 3/15 so people might have assumed that you still had time to change some components if you wanted to.

Ryzen CPUs love faster memory, hence the suggestions but clearly nothing wrong with what you got. Enjoy.
I adore you for trying to be reasonable and give them an out, but lets face it... There are no less than -4- mentions in my OP saying I already bought this. I won't give them that room unless they tell me they didn't bother reading at all.

-4- times. That is how many times I either said outright, or directly alluded to this being already purchased.

Edit: Correction, 3 times that are unmistakable, I can see how the 4th mention could be missed...
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:28 PM   #23
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Enjoy your shitty hardware dude. You are an egomaniac, it's insane. Purchased does not mean shipped or delivered, and it really isn't hard to swap an item out prior to shipping. Regardless, you treated KAC like **** and he didn't deserve that for a great suggestion. For all the "knowledge" you think you have, you haven't shown much of it, even in the 3080/3090 thread when you treated a ton of people like **** because some didn't agree with your opinion based crap.

What a joke. Good advice is spit on. Makes sense.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:29 PM   #24
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

1. Upgrade parts have been ordered.
2. The list of parts incoming to arrive next Tuesday are as follows:
3. Essentially this guts my current machine

4th mention, can see how this one might not be understood : The ENTIRE last paragraph is explaining exactly why I did not wait and jumped on this now. It would take remarkable reading comprehension failure to not see the 3 unmistakable and 1 alluded commentary directly stating this is a done deal.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:32 PM   #25
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Enjoy your shitty hardware dude. You are an egomaniac, it's insane. Purchased does not mean shipped or delivered, and it really isn't hard to swap an item out prior to shipping. Regardless, you treated KAC like **** and he didn't deserve that for a great suggestion. For all the "knowledge" you think you have, you haven't shown much of it, even in the 3080/3090 thread when you treated a ton of people like **** because some didn't agree with your opinion based crap.

What a joke. Good advice is spit on. Makes sense.
What part of BUDGET is unclear to you? Honestly, you are not making sense at all anymore. Great suggestion? No, nothing of the sort, and you are now irrelevant to me. I know what YOU deem good advice and think it drivel and completely unrelated to my situation.

Edit: I'm glad you have money to throw at those kind of changes on a whim. I do not. I spent what I have and am not changing anything. I did not post asking "Hey guys, do I need to change anything?" No. I posted "THIS is what I got, and this is why". And since you bring up the 3090 thread, very kind of you since this thread was about my finally doing what I said I would in that thread, and MAYBE getting some good suggestions on what to do with what I got. Not ignorance telling me to spend more when I don't want to. Who are you to tell me what to spend and what to change? I didn't ask for that and your ARROGANCE to force yours and KACs OPINION is beyond words.

Last edited by moshpit : Mar 13, 2021 at 03:37 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:44 PM   #26
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Lastly, I didn't treat KAC badly at all at first. I joked with him but told him no. And he kept at it, I joked a little harder, and still said no. What part of NO is unclear to you? Around the third time of you and him not getting it, you deserve to hear about my displeasure, though I do say I haven't devolved to the way YOU are acting, Nunz. Very disappointing. A little rapey as well... How many times does a person gotta say no before you stop pushing yourself on them?
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:50 PM   #27
Nunz
RIP Roxen

The way I'm acting? Standing up for KAC is a real horror I suppose.

The whole budget argument is strange. How much did you pay for that RAM exactly? I'd love to find a 3600CL16 kit at the same price point

It's funny you said "I know what parts to buy and buy those" .. Evidently, you do not. Enjoy!

And also, I never made any suggestions. I just backed up that KAC made a good one. You're trying too hard to play a victim.

Last edited by Nunz : Mar 13, 2021 at 03:56 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:57 PM   #28
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
The way I'm acting? Standing up for KAC is a real horror I suppose.

The whole budget argument is strange. How much did you pay for that RAM exactly? I'd love to find a 3600CL16 kit at the same price point

It's funny you said "I know what parts to buy and buy those" .. Evidently, you do not. Enjoy!
Standing up for what? Joking? OMG, you are lame.... I didn't jump his butt until YOU pushed it to that point, and even then didn't jump him AT ALL! What part of tongey face plus reference to his mom jokes in his system specs are you missing here? Honestly, your intellect is seriously in question here. I joked gently with him while telling him no, twice. Then YOU pushed it past that point. This is YOUR doing.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:02 PM   #29
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

KAC - Get at least 3600 ram.
Me - No. You get at least 3600 ram. Don't tell me what to do

Was that me being mean? Tongey face after "don't tell me what to do" is a common internet meme and light hearted.

KAC - Well I guess then you deserve to run the system without optimization.
Me - Pffft, I'll take the lower timings over 12% clock speed anyday. Your mom is unoptimized

Reference to his mom was a joke referring to his system specs mom joke, and pure silliness and STILL gently telling him no.

And then you blew things up. Good going, Nunz. Again, when somebody says no, jokingly and gentle or not, no means no. Take a hint and don't be rapey acting, it's creepy.

Edit : Check yer IMs, I said roughly the same thing there I said here. You're barking up the WRONG tree and in fact doing more harm than any good for KAC. Nobody abused him by telling him no. Get over yourself, already!

Edit: I'm beginning to feel somewhat violated by your obsession with 3600 ram... (see? JOKE!!!! Lighten the hell up, man...)
Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:09 PM   #30
Nunz
RIP Roxen

dOnT yOu UnDeRsTaND tHe WoRd BuDgEt?

You conveniently forget the posts talking about KAC having a lack of class, and all that other bullshit in your earlier tirades, but hey, it's me with the reading comprehension issue, right?

Your RAM was $224 on Newegg per the sale. Well, let's make you look a little more stupid just to really finish it off here. "I know what hardware to buy, I've been on this forum before you even had an account!!!"

$187 https://www.newegg.com/ballistix-32g...82E16820164174

$196 https://www.newegg.com/corsair-32gb-...82E16820236724

$199 https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-...quicklink=true

$209 https://www.newegg.com/ballistix-32g...quicklink=true

$218 https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-...quicklink=true

but my budget!!!

I don't need any PMs from you.
Quote:
KAC - Get at least 3600 ram.
Me - No. You get at least 3600 ram. Don't tell me what to do

Nothing remotely mean, obvious joking with tongey face at end to signify joke, unless you're daft.

KAC - Well I guess then you deserve to run the system without optimization.
Me - Pffft, I'll take the lower timings over 12% clock speed anyday. Your mom is unoptimized

Two rounds of playfulness, BUT firmly telling him no, and you accuse me of abusing him? Go to hell. I was being gentle and playful, OBVIOUSLY! That is the WHOLE point of Tongey-face and silly statements about his mom. Obviously a reference to his system specs mom jokes....

NOW than. Kindly **** off. I did KAC no wrong, but your harassment is getting old fast. Find somebody who cares to listen to your useless, costly advice that ignores budgets. I was joking with him at first, and you and he piled on and turned this from light hearted into a flame war. That is YOUR fault.
that's what you PM'd me? Get the **** outta here with that garbage. btw, it's "then", not "than" .. but again, my reading comprehension is off.

Last edited by Nunz : Mar 13, 2021 at 04:33 PM.
Closed Thread