Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Sep 5, 2001, 11:37 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
AMD Stunna
Radeon R300

AMD Stunna is still being judged by the masses

Default video capture

Okay, I'm looking for a decent video capture card so that I can start recording movies off my satellite dish and burn them on to CDs so I can play them in my DVD player. What do you recommend that doesn't cap off what resolution you can capture at?
Philips 107T 17" FD Monitor
Windows XP Pro
AMD Stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2001, 05:06 AM   #2
1madman1
Rage3D Veteran

1madman1 is still being judged by the masses

The Matrox cards are awesome, but they are a tad too expensive for most people.

Basicly all low cost cards out there (Hauppauge, Pinnacle, ATi, etc..) use the BT848/849/878 chips and as a result will have similar results in terms of capture quality.

I would stay away from external vid capture devices(USB ones anyway). They can be unrelibable and yeild poor quality captures.