Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Nov 22, 2003, 03:10 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hamidxa
Banned

Hamidxa is still being judged by the masses

Default Motorola T720 : Anyone have this phone?

First and foremost : Goddamn Verizon to hell and back.
They screwed up my phone bill and charged me for calls that i did NOT place and also charged me $25 for a service that i already have (text messaging), then they also charged me a late bill for a balance i already paid, and then to add insult to injury, My LG VX1 phone which i have had for 16 months now literally fell apart. By that i mean to say, the phone came apart from the hinges, and came apart. The LCD screen on the flip up, the entire face plate, the keypad, everything gone. Then they want to tell me that i have to buy a new phone and all phones listed on their website and pretty much anywhere online for verizon are ~ $200 and higher (for a decent flip up WITHOUT a service agreement / contract...just the phone ). No way in hell am i paying that.

So screw them. Anyhow theres a service here in town called Cricket Wireless.
Here is their service features:

Cricket + 2 = $44.99:

-UNLIMITED Local Calls (from the State of TN)
-1000 Long Distance Minutes (included)
-Caller ID
-Call Waiting
-Conference Calling
-Voice Mail
-Two Way Text Messaging
-1 Year Contract (required)
-$100 Mail-In-Rebate (for certain select phones)

Now they have the Motorola T720 that i am looking at for $249.99 (but will only cost $149.99 after the rebate)
Also, they have a Motorola C343 for $159.99 (but only $59.99 after the rebate).

What do you guys think?

Here are pictures of each just in case it makes a difference.

Motorola C343 ($159.99 - $100 rebate = $59.99)

or

Motorola T720 (249.99 - $100 rebate = $149.99)

Either way. Im just relieved that this damn verizon burden is lifted off my shoulder.
Now UNLIMITED local calls, 1000 long distance minutes, all of the other features thrown in like text messaging (that verizon charged me an extra $5 a month for in addition to my $54.99 bill totalling $60/month. Not to mention i always went over my minutes too, by like at least $20 worth a month.) Now, with this Cricket service, that (going over my monthly allowed minutes which are infinite) is unpossible as Ralph would say.

Anyhow. What phone would you guys suggest between those 2? Save money and go cheaper, or spend the extra $90 bucks for that Flip phone?

Last edited by Hamidxa : Nov 22, 2003 at 03:13 PM.
Hamidxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2003, 04:26 PM   #2
KJ
Classic Gamer

KJ is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

I have the T720 with Alltel, and I love the thing. It's been great for me, no problems

AND IT'S FOLDING FOR RAGE3D!
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2003, 04:33 PM   #3
Kath'ranis

I have T720 with AT&T... hate it, ringtones was too soft.... I just changed mine to Sony Ericsson Z600, got it from EBAY .... love it
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 22, 2003, 04:41 PM   #4
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I'd actually go with C343. The differences between them arent THAT big, and absolutelty not worth that kind of extra money. Then again... I don't know THAT much of those phones.

Edit: Since no one of them are really a really high end phone, they should more be considered as value phones. Wheres the C343 gives more for the money, and still is somewhat in the same segment as the other...

Yay I'm confusing...
Old Nov 22, 2003, 05:50 PM   #5
Hamidxa
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Jasef
I'd actually go with C343. The differences between them arent THAT big, and absolutelty not worth that kind of extra money. Then again... I don't know THAT much of those phones.

Edit: Since no one of them are really a really high end phone, they should more be considered as value phones. Wheres the C343 gives more for the money, and still is somewhat in the same segment as the other...

Yay I'm confusing...

Actually the T720 is considered to be a "High End" Phone. Verizon sells it for $340.00 if you buy it without a contract. $340 is by no means a "Value Phone" in my book.

Motorola T720

Anyhow i decided to go with that one for $90 more. Always liked the flip ups and after i heard my friends actually talk to him, i had to have it !
Just relieved that im no longer stuck with that Damned Verizon. Unlimited calls a month, what a concept (Cricket Wireless)
Old Nov 22, 2003, 05:55 PM   #6
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally posted by Hamidxa
Actually the T720 is considered to be a "High End" Phone. Verizon sells it for $340.00 if you buy it without a contract. $340 is by no means a "Value Phone" in my book.

Motorola T720

Anyhow i decided to go with that one for $90 more. Always liked the flip ups and after i heard my friends actually talk to him, i had to have it !
Just relieved that im no longer stuck with that Damned Verizon. Unlimited calls a month, what a concept (Cricket Wireless)
Weeeell, not a value phone in that sence, but... eeh, I should just be quiet about phones I don't really know much about

And besides, the market is very different here from what it is over there, so I should be even quieter.

from now.

*is quiet*
Old Nov 22, 2003, 06:14 PM   #7
KJ
Classic Gamer

KJ is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Jasef
Weeeell, not a value phone in that sence, but... eeh, I should just be quiet about phones I don't really know much about

And besides, the market is very different here from what it is over there, so I should be even quieter.

from now.

*is quiet*
Yeah you lucky bastard! Europe and Asia always get better phones before we do

AND IT'S FOLDING FOR RAGE3D!
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2003, 06:15 PM   #8
Hamidxa
Banned

Hehe
Old Nov 22, 2003, 06:29 PM   #9
Hamidxa
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by kjmattson
Yeah you lucky bastard! Europe and Asia always get better phones before we do
I know, and no disrespect to those countries or people who live there...

BUT

We (the US) are soooo much more technologically advanced then they are AS A WHOLE nation that its not even funny. I mean sure Japan, Hong Kong, China, Germany, Sweden, Italy, France, England etc have access to high tech goods but not even remotely close to the sheer number of technologies that we have here in the states.
Furthermore, our GNP is enough to practically overshadow all of those nations combined. With that kind of buying power, and economy and sheer wealth here in the states, why do we get shafted in the cellular phone realm?
Old Nov 22, 2003, 06:42 PM   #10
Bomb&Run
King Tut

Bomb&Run is still being judged by the masses

My roomate does. Nice phone, reception and menu features.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 06:42 PM   #11
Kath'ranis

Quote:
Originally posted by Hamidxa
I know, and no disrespect to those countries or people who live there...

BUT

We (the US) are soooo much more technologically advanced then they are AS A WHOLE nation that its not even funny. I mean sure Japan, Hong Kong, China, Germany, Sweden, Italy, France, England etc have access to high tech goods but not even remotely close to the sheer number of technologies that we have here in the states.
Furthermore, our GNP is enough to practically overshadow all of those nations combined. With that kind of buying power, and economy and sheer wealth here in the states, why do we get shafted in the cellular phone realm?
not enough high tech goods???? have you been to Japan lately.. you will be surprise...