Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Nov 22, 2003, 03:10 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hamidxa
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 17,255
Hamidxa is still being judged by the masses


Default Motorola T720 : Anyone have this phone?

First and foremost : Goddamn Verizon to hell and back.
They screwed up my phone bill and charged me for calls that i did NOT place and also charged me $25 for a service that i already have (text messaging), then they also charged me a late bill for a balance i already paid, and then to add insult to injury, My LG VX1 phone which i have had for 16 months now literally fell apart. By that i mean to say, the phone came apart from the hinges, and came apart. The LCD screen on the flip up, the entire face plate, the keypad, everything gone. Then they want to tell me that i have to buy a new phone and all phones listed on their website and pretty much anywhere online for verizon are ~ $200 and higher (for a decent flip up WITHOUT a service agreement / contract...just the phone ). No way in hell am i paying that.

So screw them. Anyhow theres a service here in town called Cricket Wireless.
Here is their service features:

Cricket + 2 = $44.99:

-UNLIMITED Local Calls (from the State of TN)
-1000 Long Distance Minutes (included)
-Caller ID
-Call Waiting
-Conference Calling
-Voice Mail
-Two Way Text Messaging
-1 Year Contract (required)
-$100 Mail-In-Rebate (for certain select phones)


Now they have the Motorola T720 that i am looking at for $249.99 (but will only cost $149.99 after the rebate)
Also, they have a Motorola C343 for $159.99 (but only $59.99 after the rebate).

What do you guys think?

Here are pictures of each just in case it makes a difference.

Motorola C343 ($159.99 - $100 rebate = $59.99)



or


Motorola T720 (249.99 - $100 rebate = $149.99)



Either way. Im just relieved that this damn verizon burden is lifted off my shoulder.
Now UNLIMITED local calls, 1000 long distance minutes, all of the other features thrown in like text messaging (that verizon charged me an extra $5 a month for in addition to my $54.99 bill totalling $60/month. Not to mention i always went over my minutes too, by like at least $20 worth a month.) Now, with this Cricket service, that (going over my monthly allowed minutes which are infinite) is unpossible as Ralph would say.

Anyhow. What phone would you guys suggest between those 2? Save money and go cheaper, or spend the extra $90 bucks for that Flip phone?

Last edited by Hamidxa : Nov 22, 2003 at 03:13 PM.
Hamidxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2003, 04:26 PM   #2
KJ
Classic Gamer
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: United States Tacoma, WA
Posts: 6,170
KJ is still being judged by the masses


Subscriber
Default

I have the T720 with Alltel, and I love the thing. It's been great for me, no problems
__________________
ASRock P67 Pro3 | Core i5-2500K | 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 | 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 |
Radeon HD 3850 | Lite-On 20x DVD-RW | Earthwatts 500w PSU | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

AND IT'S FOLDING FOR RAGE3D!
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2003, 04:33 PM   #3
Kath'ranis
 
Posts: n/a


Default

I have T720 with AT&T... hate it, ringtones was too soft.... I just changed mine to Sony Ericsson Z600, got it from EBAY .... love it
  Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 22, 2003, 04:41 PM   #4
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Sweden Axis of Evil
Posts: 15,584
Jasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badges


Default

I'd actually go with C343. The differences between them arent THAT big, and absolutelty not worth that kind of extra money. Then again... I don't know THAT much of those phones.


Edit: Since no one of them are really a really high end phone, they should more be considered as value phones. Wheres the C343 gives more for the money, and still is somewhat in the same segment as the other...


Yay I'm confusing...
__________________
IDDQD, IDKFA
Jasef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2003, 05:50 PM   #5
Hamidxa
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 17,255
Hamidxa is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Jasef
I'd actually go with C343. The differences between them arent THAT big, and absolutelty not worth that kind of extra money. Then again... I don't know THAT much of those phones.


Edit: Since no one of them are really a really high end phone, they should more be considered as value phones. Wheres the C343 gives more for the money, and still is somewhat in the same segment as the other...


Yay I'm confusing...

Actually the T720 is considered to be a "High End" Phone. Verizon sells it for $340.00 if you buy it without a contract. $340 is by no means a "Value Phone" in my book.

Motorola T720

Anyhow i decided to go with that one for $90 more. Always liked the flip ups and after i heard my friends actually talk to him, i had to have it !
Just relieved that im no longer stuck with that Damned Verizon. Unlimited calls a month, what a concept (Cricket Wireless)
Hamidxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2003, 05:55 PM   #6
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Sweden Axis of Evil
Posts: 15,584
Jasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badges


Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hamidxa
Actually the T720 is considered to be a "High End" Phone. Verizon sells it for $340.00 if you buy it without a contract. $340 is by no means a "Value Phone" in my book.

Motorola T720

Anyhow i decided to go with that one for $90 more. Always liked the flip ups and after i heard my friends actually talk to him, i had to have it !
Just relieved that im no longer stuck with that Damned Verizon. Unlimited calls a month, what a concept (Cricket Wireless)
Weeeell, not a value phone in that sence, but... eeh, I should just be quiet about phones I don't really know much about


And besides, the market is very different here from what it is over there, so I should be even quieter.


from now.








*is quiet*
__________________
IDDQD, IDKFA
Jasef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2003, 06:14 PM   #7
KJ
Classic Gamer
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: United States Tacoma, WA
Posts: 6,170
KJ is still being judged by the masses


Subscriber
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Jasef
Weeeell, not a value phone in that sence, but... eeh, I should just be quiet about phones I don't really know much about

And besides, the market is very different here from what it is over there, so I should be even quieter.

from now.


*is quiet*
Yeah you lucky bastard! Europe and Asia always get better phones before we do
__________________
ASRock P67 Pro3 | Core i5-2500K | 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 | 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 |
Radeon HD 3850 | Lite-On 20x DVD-RW | Earthwatts 500w PSU | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

AND IT'S FOLDING FOR RAGE3D!
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2003, 06:15 PM   #8
Hamidxa
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 17,255
Hamidxa is still being judged by the masses


Default

Hehe
Hamidxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2003, 06:29 PM   #9
Hamidxa
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 17,255
Hamidxa is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kjmattson
Yeah you lucky bastard! Europe and Asia always get better phones before we do
I know, and no disrespect to those countries or people who live there...

BUT

We (the US) are soooo much more technologically advanced then they are AS A WHOLE nation that its not even funny. I mean sure Japan, Hong Kong, China, Germany, Sweden, Italy, France, England etc have access to high tech goods but not even remotely close to the sheer number of technologies that we have here in the states.
Furthermore, our GNP is enough to practically overshadow all of those nations combined. With that kind of buying power, and economy and sheer wealth here in the states, why do we get shafted in the cellular phone realm?
Hamidxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2003, 06:42 PM   #10
Bomb&Run
King Tut
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tomato, Ontario
Posts: 6,116
Bomb&Run is still being judged by the masses


Default

My roomate does. Nice phone, reception and menu features.
__________________
read sig
Bomb&Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2003, 06:42 PM   #11
Kath'ranis
 
Posts: n/a


Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hamidxa
I know, and no disrespect to those countries or people who live there...

BUT

We (the US) are soooo much more technologically advanced then they are AS A WHOLE nation that its not even funny. I mean sure Japan, Hong Kong, China, Germany, Sweden, Italy, France, England etc have access to high tech goods but not even remotely close to the sheer number of technologies that we have here in the states.
Furthermore, our GNP is enough to practically overshadow all of those nations combined. With that kind of buying power, and economy and sheer wealth here in the states, why do we get shafted in the cellular phone realm?
not enough high tech goods???? have you been to Japan lately.. you will be surprise...
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Verizon phone by Motorola (Droid) Uber_Tiny Off Topic Lounge 2 Nov 6, 2009 09:57 PM
Motorola RockR Phone is a Bad Apple Hidavi Off Topic Lounge 1 Sep 11, 2005 11:36 AM
Who has a Motorola cell phone with a 1.2 MP camera? Crawdaddy79 Off Topic Lounge 16 Jan 4, 2005 02:40 PM
Motorola T720 imagine Off Topic Lounge 0 Feb 8, 2003 06:27 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright ©1998-2011 Rage3D.com
Links monetized by VigLink