Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:33 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default Upcoming flagship Windows Phone speculation

http://www.windowscentral.com/lumia-...an-fan-renders

Yesterday, Windows Central revealed details regarding Microsoft's two upcoming flagship Windows Phones codenamed Talkman and Cityman. Since then, the story has resonated around the internet so we figured we would provide a more detailed look at one of the phones.

To be clear, these renders of Cityman aka the upcoming Lumia 950 XL are 100% created in-house by Windows Central. These are not official or leaked in any way, and we want to be very clear on that. However, we are basing them off of images, sketches, and first-hand reports from multiple sources.

Cityman (Lumia 950 XL)
  • Matte white, cyan or black polycarbonate body
  • 5.7 inch WQHD (1440x2560) OLED display
  • Snapdragon 810, 64-bit Octa core
  • Iris scanner (infrared) for Windows Hello
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 32GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot
  • 20MP PureView rear camera with triple LED flash
  • 1mm silver ring inside the circumference of the black camera pod
  • Aluminum side buttons
  • 5MP Wide-angle front facing camera
  • 3300 mAh removable battery
  • Qi wireless charging integrated
  • USB Type-C

Talkman (Lumia 950)
  • Matte White or black polycarbonate body
  • 5.2 inch WQHD (1440x2560) OLED display
  • Snapdragon 808, 64-bit Hexa core
  • Iris scanner (infrared) for Windows Hello
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 32GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot
  • 20MP PureView rear camera
  • 5MP Wide-angle front facing camera
  • 3000 mAh removable battery
  • Qi wireless charging with flip cover
  • USB Type-C
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:38 PM   #2
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Hope they're wrong about that rear speaker... I won't upgrade to a phone that doesn't have dual stereo speakers on the front face after having it on my Z3.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2015, 12:06 AM   #3
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Man those specs are such bullshit, they are the same **** you hear about every flagship lately. Iris scanning, HA!
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 25, 2015, 12:38 AM   #4
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Hope they're wrong about that rear speaker... I won't upgrade to a phone that doesn't have dual stereo speakers on the front face after having it on my Z3.
When I got rid of my HTC One, this was by far the biggest loss I've ever experienced on a phone. Why all phones don't do this by now... I'll never know.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:23 AM   #5
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Man those specs are such bullshit, they are the same **** you hear about every flagship lately. Iris scanning, HA!
Economies of scale. If the processors are being manufactured in quantity, why not partake?

With WP10 expected to have iOS and Android cross platform support for apps in some form, doesn't hurt to further standardize.

Also, this is some degree of speculation and wishful thinking, coupled with some leaks.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:24 AM   #6
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
When I got rid of my HTC One, this was by far the biggest loss I've ever experienced on a phone. Why all phones don't do this by now... I'll never know.
Not everyone uses their phones specifically because of their speakers, or rather FOR their speakers. I know I don't give a crap about the speakers. If they are important to you, by all means, purchase a product for yourself that you will be happy with.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:38 AM   #7
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

So why do these things have to be stretching to phablet size now? My Samsung S5 is 5.1" and that is dam near to big...blaahh. Would really like to try a Windows high end phone but that size is a big hindrance.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 03:50 PM   #8
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwards

Quote:
+1

I have the Z3 Compact.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2015, 07:51 AM   #9
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
With WP10 expected to have iOS and Android cross platform support for apps in some form, doesn't hurt to further standardize.
What does this mean? Cross platform dev kits? Will it run Android apps directly?

I purchased a Lumia 640 and intstalled WP10 via slow ring on it. I was going to give it to my wife but WP10 does not have a native Pinterest app, after massive complaining from her I grabbed an LG G Stylo and gave the 640 phone to my mother. Kind of makes me sad because I wanted to play around with it some more.

Bottom line - they need apps on their platform more than fast processors, high quality cameras or front speakers.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2015, 05:20 PM   #10
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
What does this mean? Cross platform dev kits? Will it run Android apps directly?
That's the idea. Although they are also making it easier to port & compile for WP10 as well.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2015, 05:24 PM   #11
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:

I purchased a Lumia 640 and intstalled WP10 via slow ring on it. I was going to give it to my wife but WP10 does not have a native Pinterest app, after massive complaining from her I grabbed an LG G Stylo and gave the 640 phone to my mother. Kind of makes me sad because I wanted to play around with it some more.

Bottom line - they need apps on their platform more than fast processors, high quality cameras or front speakers.
My girlfriend just switched from a Lumia 1020 to an LG G4 and loves the app availability. Then only complaint she ever had on the Lumia was that she couldn't get all the apps everyone else could.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 06:54 PM   #12
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
My girlfriend just switched from a Lumia 1020 to an LG G4 and loves the app availability. Then only complaint she ever had on the Lumia was that she couldn't get all the apps everyone else could.
The G4 is a nice phone. Too bad I had to buy four cell phones in one week which kept me out of the higher end.
I forgot to mention I use the Garmin Android app so that ruled out long term Windows Phone use for me.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 08:42 PM   #13
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

only two ?

a little small coming from a 1520

and why do they look like lego's without the bumps

but if it can run the iOS and Android apps I already have ?
maybe if they will stick with it
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2015, 09:53 PM   #14
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:30 PM   #15
swingline
Dab on them folks

swingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Subscriber

Quote:
I forgot to mention I use the Garmin Android app so that ruled out long term Windows Phone use for me.
Is it better than Google Maps?
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:21 PM   #16
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Here Maps was superior to pretty much any other application out there, and is still better than Google Maps in many ways. It's why so many companies bid for it and the german automakers got it.

Do you HAVE to use Garmin for work or is it just a preference thing?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:32 PM   #17
ATi VGA Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingline View Post
Is it better than Google Maps?
Yes I think it is. The voice recognition is complete and works with both windows rolled down driving 70 MPH. It alerts for school zones and I can pull up live video feeds of Columbus and Cincinnati traffic. It gives accurate indicators of how much traffic you will be in etc. For instance - "In 16 miles expect delay of <10 minutes" or such. For the most part it is accurate. When I tried Google maps I would get stuck in traffic then the map would turn red. Garmin also seems to be good about fixing map errors when reported.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-t...rod111441.html

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-t...rod121762.html

The unit has a much larger speaker in the base of the dash mount and it automatically switches over to that when in place. The powered magnetic mount is high class. I've had the setup for over a year and have no complaints. I got a refurb for under $200 but I swear it was new.

My phone has a BT data connection with the GPS and a BT hands free connection with my car audio.

Quote:
Do you HAVE to use Garmin for work or is it just a preference thing?
I have not tried (Bing) Maps. For me this setup works better than anything else. I have used a lot of Garmin products that were and still are crap.

Edit: Now I'm going to get that Lumia 640 from my mother to check it out.

Last edited by guest : Aug 4, 2015 at 11:40 PM.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:17 AM   #18
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Yes I think it is. The voice recognition is complete and works with both windows rolled down driving 70 MPH. It alerts for school zones and I can pull up live video feeds of Columbus and Cincinnati traffic. It gives accurate indicators of how much traffic you will be in etc. For instance - "In 16 miles expect delay of <10 minutes" or such. For the most part it is accurate. When I tried Google maps I would get stuck in traffic then the map would turn red. Garmin also seems to be good about fixing map errors when reported.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-t...rod111441.html

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-t...rod121762.html

The unit has a much larger speaker in the base of the dash mount and it automatically switches over to that when in place. The powered magnetic mount is high class. I've had the setup for over a year and have no complaints. I got a refurb for under $200 but I swear it was new.

My phone has a BT data connection with the GPS and a BT hands free connection with my car audio.

I have not tried (Bing) Maps. For me this setup works better than anything else. I have used a lot of Garmin products that were and still are crap.

Edit: Now I'm going to get that Lumia 640 from my mother to check it out.
garmin windows phone

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...t/9nblggh0815q

ios one is better as has full offline maps and poi's
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/garm...a./id435490305
Old Aug 5, 2015, 08:17 AM   #19
ATi VGA Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
Have you used that? I don't see any traffic cameras in it.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 09:09 AM   #20
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2015, 09:14 AM   #21
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Yer too late.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:04 AM   #22
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Yer too late.
No. I just posted the pic from your link since you got lazy on us.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:27 AM   #23
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
No. I just posted the pic from your link since you got lazy on us.
Maybe I just assumed people weren't too lazy to click a link
Old Aug 5, 2015, 11:25 AM   #24
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Have you used that? I don't see any traffic cameras in it.
no
just the ios one and I keep data off so just use the on board maps and stuff

the ios one had a 5.99 add on extra for "photo traffic cameras "
this on may to I don't know
Old Oct 30, 2015, 06:16 PM   #25
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

So the phones have been announced and seen, but the OS is the big question on people's minds.

The app store is still a work in progress until Microsoft figures out how to run apps for iOS and Android on WP.

BUT, for those of us with a Windows Phone device, here's the good news. The insider program has a brand new build out on the fast ring. And...

IT'S AWESOME. My ancient Nokia 920 feels fast as a flagship device now (admittedly I haven't received my 6P yet ).

http://www.windowscentral.com/video-...&utm_source=wp

It is a really solid OS so far. Stable, incredibly speedy, so on and so forth. Given how stable and fast it is on a 920, I am sort of floored at what the final release on the shipping versions of the NEW flagships will be like.

Downsides? Well, apps, obviously. Also, glance/peek has not been integrated as far as I can tell, which is a bummer.

Other than that, I'm very pleasantly surprised with this update. Great release.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 06:24 PM   #26
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
So the phones have been announced and seen, but the OS is the big question on people's minds.

The app store is still a work in progress until Microsoft figures out how to run apps for iOS and Android on WP.

BUT, for those of us with a Windows Phone device, here's the good news. The insider program has a brand new build out on the fast ring. And...

IT'S AWESOME. My ancient Nokia 920 feels fast as a flagship device now (admittedly I haven't received my 6P yet ).

http://www.windowscentral.com/video-...&utm_source=wp

It is a really solid OS so far. Stable, incredibly speedy, so on and so forth. Given how stable and fast it is on a 920, I am sort of floored at what the final release on the shipping versions of the NEW flagships will be like.

Downsides? Well, apps, obviously. Also, glance/peek has not been integrated as far as I can tell, which is a bummer.

Other than that, I'm very pleasantly surprised with this update. Great release.

I'll have to dust off the 635 and check it out.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2015, 07:10 PM   #27
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

This update is..... Amazing. I can't believe how much I like it. Completely changes my outlook on the OS again. What's sad and I truly wish I was making this up, but this phone is smoother then the GS6 I test drove. It's nowhere near as fast obviously but I bought this for $80. That just shouldnt happen.

Really impressed with where MS is taking the OS.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2015, 05:14 PM   #28
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

I know right?

This is an amazing update. And it's not even final.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 01:44 PM   #29
lmchv
Planet Express

lmchv once held a door open for a complete strangerlmchv once held a door open for a complete strangerlmchv once held a door open for a complete stranger

I played with the demo 950XL in a Microsoft Store in Miami a couple weeks ago, I loved it . Hopefully I will get one next February when I come back

I have the previous W10 build on my Lumia 625 and it sucks, I think it's due to the phone only having 512MB ram, it's painfully slow. I want to give it a try on my Lumia 830 but been so close to final release I think I will wait
BEHEMOTH (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Formula | Intel Core i9 12900K + Asus ROG Strix LC 240 | Kingston Fury 64GB DDR5-5200 | LG 27GN950-b [email protected] | PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB | CoolerMaster Cosmos C700P + Asus ROG Thor 1200W Platinum | Sound Blaster X AE-5 + Edifier R1280DBs + Edifier T5 + Logitech G935 | HyperX Alloy Elite RGB CherryMX Red + Logitech G502 Lightspeed + Logitech Powerplay | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe SSD 2TB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 2TB | LG BD-RE | Windows 11 Pro

Charquito (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz + Asus ROG Ryuo 240 | Corsair Ballistic 32GB DDR4-3000 | Dell U2713HM 27" | Asus ROG Strix Geforce GTX1080| Cooler Master Cosmos 2 + Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W | Logitech MK850 Performance | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB | Sony BD-ROM | Windows 11 Pro

Bloodzone.net Moderator
lmchv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2015, 04:51 PM   #30
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmchv View Post
I played with the demo 950XL in a Microsoft Store in Miami a couple weeks ago, I loved it . Hopefully I will get one next February when I come back

I have the previous W10 build on my Lumia 625 and it sucks, I think it's due to the phone only having 512MB ram, it's painfully slow. I want to give it a try on my Lumia 830 but been so close to final release I think I will wait
Yah, probably the memory.

If you haven't done this, try doing a factory reset on the device. Some phones which aren't fully supported in the Preview program were being bogged down after initial install. Happened for one of the insider builds for me as well. I ended up having to do a reset to fix things and then it worked.

The memory can't be overcome but maybe you can gain some speed through optimization.