Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 18, 2021, 09:30 AM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
switchAMG
Radeon Arctic Islands

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Blizzard servers falling apart daily, so nostalgic.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 09:44 AM   #122
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
Blizzard servers falling apart daily, so nostalgic.
it's so sad to see someone like Blizzard failing so hard.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2021, 03:01 PM   #123
xCLAVEx
LET'S GO BRANDON

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

BlizzTard says they "fixed" the server problems...by adding a queue system. Yep, fixed it by adding a delay to join...except it isn't fixed at all. Still encountering rubber banding at the WORST times and occasional disconnects.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 18, 2021, 03:33 PM   #124
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
BlizzTard says they "fixed" the server problems...by adding a queue system. Yep, fixed it by adding a delay to join...except it isn't fixed at all. Still encountering rubber banding at the WORST times and occasional disconnects.
A queue for single player too ?
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2021, 09:33 PM   #125
xCLAVEx
LET'S GO BRANDON

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
A queue for single player too ?
Yep. Queue system just to log into diablo 2 before you even get to the menus. Ahh the joys of being an online "service".

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2021, 03:31 AM   #126
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Yep. Queue system just to log into diablo 2 before you even get to the menus. Ahh the joys of being an online "service".
ROFLOL. You got to be s-itting me. Queue system for single player game. And this is to prevent piracy I presume. Yea.. good idea Bliz.

Luckily I didn't buy D2.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 03:53 AM   #127
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
ROFLOL. You got to be s-itting me. Queue system for single player game. And this is to prevent piracy I presume. Yea.. good idea Bliz.

Luckily I didn't buy D2.
That's not true.

You can hop out of the queue when the game starts up and it allows you to go directly to your offline characters. It's literally in the ****ing patch notes.

Jesus.. some of y'all really need to do your own research and stop drinking the kool-aid. It's embarrassing.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2021, 04:00 AM   #128
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
That's not true.

You can hop out of the queue when the game starts up and it allows you to go directly to your offline characters. It's literally in the ****ing patch notes.

Jesus.. some of y'all really need to do your own research and stop drinking the kool-aid. It's embarrassing.
lol.

Don't get stressed dude. So you can play single player (without) the queue. Then good stuff.

I like kool aid dude.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 01:36 AM   #129
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Is it OK to keep dying in this game. Wtf? I have never played Diablo except 3 and it wasn’t this harsh.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2021, 05:16 AM   #130
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

D3 is a walk in the park compared to it, yes. Especially if you never played the older ones. But that's part of the experience.

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Old Oct 20, 2021, 07:54 AM   #131
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I see. Also the inventory management is insane. You fill it up in seconds. Not sure how to offload the items while on a mission.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 08:06 AM   #132
switchAMG
Radeon Arctic Islands

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I see. Also the inventory management is insane. You fill it up in seconds. Not sure how to offload the items while on a mission.
town portal back to base, offload crap -- either sell or throw in your chest.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 08:09 AM   #133
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

running back and forth (a million times) is also part of the experience :P

Old Oct 20, 2021, 09:27 AM   #134
KAC
It might be gays!

Damn, that’s why I was getting so many town portal scrolls. .
Ok will give it another shot.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 09:45 AM   #135
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Damn, that’s why I was getting so many town portal scrolls. .
Ok will give it another shot.
you will need them

Old Oct 20, 2021, 08:27 PM   #136
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
The game is 20 years old, so is missing some QoL that modern games have. If you don't mind playing single player, you can use mods to better the experience, such as this one for a larger inventory/stash/cube/merc inventory.

[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2021, 11:55 PM   #137
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
The game is 20 years old, so is missing some QoL that modern games have. If you don't mind playing single player, you can use mods to better the experience, such as this one for a larger inventory/stash/cube/merc inventory.

Can you? I heard the remaster was quite hard to mod, and had been actively restricted by the devs?
Old Oct 21, 2021, 09:32 AM   #138
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Can you? I heard the remaster was quite hard to mod, and had been actively restricted by the devs?
It's a situation where both are true. Some (simpler) features are easy to mod, even mods from the original will work with minor tweaks because they use file modification. And some (complex) features are difficult/impossible to mod, due to using code injection/binary editing.

Sadly the popular 'big boy' mods which made many changes all used code injection or binary editing, and are not allowed by blizzard at the moment. Some of the mod authors publicly said they don't want to risk it because blizzard told them 'no, it's not allowed'.

Who knows if things will change in the future, however for the moment the mods on nexusmods are safe to use in single player mode.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2021, 02:19 AM   #139
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I finally got around to firing this one up and well seems a bit underwhelming vs the beta... mind you the beta I was doing a sorceress that I cant bring back into the main game so I decided to do the necro which is what I really wanted to play but man... you get stuck a lot and npc ai tracking is pretty bad.

The 'mini' map wont stay up in the corner like the beta was able to do. Its too big anyway and doesnt show enough of the map. Some of the drops are unreachable. Like they are blocked by buildings or corpses. Doesnt matter most times but if a good drop ends up that way well damn...

And the necro's skeletons are bouncing around like ****ing ping pong balls lol. The scene is so chaotic I cant see whats goin on half the time. Things are so sped up tho mind you its the online mode not the offline... maybe that has something to do with it. Well that and its been ages since Ive played a game this fast paced...

Feels like it needs a good patch... wonder if any is coming tho.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2021, 03:02 PM   #140
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Won't be any patches for the way the game has worked since it was released. It's pretty much a graphics upgrade with all the same issues the original game had.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2021, 03:29 PM   #141
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Oh well might go back to the sorceress. Seemed more controllable. Wish we could control the skeletons RTS style...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2021, 11:40 PM   #142
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Surprisingly the games getting an update siin. Some keybind and quick cast stuff, and some other things. A test realm is being made, whuich they wouldnt bother with unless they had ongoing this planned either.

On the other hand, looks like everyone should just be playing project diablo 2 anyway. Has actual endgame things to play.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 04:24 AM   #143
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Endgame.. lol
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote