Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 8, 2003, 05:23 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razor6
Radeon R700

Razor6 is still being judged by the masses

Default Able to play bf1942 online with nocd cracks?

I was under the impression that some people are able to play bf1942 online while using a nocd crack but if I try it I get "Data differs from server" errors. Is anybody able to play online with a nocd crack, is there some secret I'm not aware of, or will I just have to keep the cd in the drive?
Razor6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2003, 05:40 PM   #2
SumB
Rage3D Veteran

SumB is still being judged by the masses

Yes you can play online with no-cd cracks. The error only occurs if you apply a crack with an older BF1942.exe than current.
SumB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2003, 05:47 PM   #3
Razor6
Radeon R700

But I've tried several from past releases including the current 1.5 and it still never works, tried reinstalling too.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 8, 2003, 05:52 PM   #4
€L1T€
Radeon Evergreen

€L1T€ is still being judged by the masses

download clonecd and make an image of you original bf1942 cd then download daemon tools and mount the clonecd image as a virtual drive.
thats the only way i have been able to play without having to have a disk in.
Old Nov 8, 2003, 06:43 PM   #5
SumB
Rage3D Veteran

That's that necessary you're using a multiplayer crack. Try this one. I'll attest to it working because I use it.
Old Nov 8, 2003, 07:19 PM   #6
jonmcc33
Banned

jonmcc33 is still being judged by the masses

I use one too. You can download it here, tested and works as well for 1.5.

http://www.thirtythreetech.com/modul...=getit&lid=101
jonmcc33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2003, 07:38 PM   #7
Razor6
Radeon R700

Quote:
Originally posted by jonmcc33
I use one too. You can download it here, tested and works as well for 1.5.

http://www.thirtythreetech.com/modul...=getit&lid=101
That's the one I've already tried, it works for SP but not MP, for me atleast.
Old Nov 8, 2003, 08:02 PM   #8
jonmcc33
Banned

Do as it says, extract the contents with their directory locations preserved. If all files are in the proper location then it works flawlessly. I haven't done anything different with my BF1942.
Old Nov 8, 2003, 11:11 PM   #9
Razor6
Radeon R700

I replaced all the files that it has cracks for except for the 1st expansion pack since I don't have that one installed and hence no Xpack1 folder. I still couldn't do online MP. I kept the backups of the originals in their folders, is that bad? How about having the patch data folder that has Xpack1 and Xpack2 folders, is it normal to have those too?
Old Nov 8, 2003, 11:55 PM   #10
compneo
Radeon R520

compneo is still being judged by the masses

Buy the f*^(ing game. Gee why do developers come out with crappy game???? Because there is a lack of people paying for them...depleting development funds???
-512MB OCZ PC3500EL /@460Mhz
-BBATI Radeon 9700 PRO @ 360/330
*Cooled by Vantec Iceberg4*
-Catalyst 4.9b
-Seagate Barracuda 120G Serial ATA
-Creative Audigy 2 (EAX 4)
-Antec TruePower 350W P.S
compneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2003, 11:58 PM   #11
jonmcc33
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by compneo
Buy the f*^(ing game. Gee why do developers come out with crappy game???? Because there is a lack of people paying for them...depleting development funds???
Um, who said he doesn't have it? You use a no CD crack so that you don't need the lame CD in the drive when you play the game.

Seems like you have experience with piracy to be assuming off the bat that he's wanting a no CD crack for that reason...
Old Nov 9, 2003, 03:58 AM   #12
KPeh
Radeon R100

KPeh is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by compneo
People will have bought it if they're playing online - there is a CD key verifier. Regardless of there being a CD in or not.
KPeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 10:41 AM   #13
madrigal
The toker

madrigal is still being judged by the masses

warez present. i know u may own the game but this is still telling many people how to warez the game, good job like we need a bunch of retards who dont deserve to play the game coming in to spawn camp us all. lol peace
|Generic 48x16x48 CDR/W
|LG 32x10x40 CDR/W w/8mb cache
|1000kbps DL/200kbps UL Cable Connection
|C-Media 5.1ch Onboard Audio
|Logitech Z-560 THX 400 watt Speakers and Silver Mini-Optical Mouse with MX technology
|ShaderMark 2.0 http://myweb.cableone.net/m1wheeler/...rk_results.txt
|3dMark03 myweb.cableone.net/m1wheeler/3dmark03.jpg
madrigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 11:16 AM   #14
SumB
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by madrigal
warez present. i know u may own the game but this is still telling many people how to warez the game, good job like we need a bunch of retards who dont deserve to play the game coming in to spawn camp us all. lol peace
The no-cd cracks cannot subvert the checks for a valid and unique cd-key when you go online. Either people own a legal copy or they're SOL when it comes to multiplayer.
Old Nov 9, 2003, 01:06 PM   #15
jonmcc33
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by madrigal
As stated, you do need a valid CD key when playing the game. That's what you pay for with the game anyway. The software means nothing without a valid CD key so take your problem causing attitude to the OT forum where it belongs.
Old Nov 9, 2003, 03:37 PM   #16
Beak
Radeon Northern Islands

Location: United States BuRp!!! Dey Dont make CheeKins likE day uSed TA!!
Beak is still being judged by the masses

Yep you need a legit cd key to play theres no piracy unless theres 100 people useing the same key and only 1 online at a time.

Out of about those 2000 servers on how many do you really think are pirating a copy thered be no room on your favorite servers if so.

DL'ing the file now ill dump my cd tonight almost the only game i play is DC.
Beak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 03:40 PM   #17
Bootvi
Radeon R300

Bootvi is still being judged by the masses

I lost my original CD's, but I still got my ligit CD KEY!! Anyhow, on every new patch release, I simply reinstall, and copy my settings folder to the new one.
Check out meh case!
Bootvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 03:42 PM   #18
Swune
Radeon R600

Swune is still being judged by the masses

yes image it, i do that now instead of cracking stuff, never need to cracks for new patches, possiable faster loading,

use alchol120% but do a search on google for "game copyprotection" cause when you rip it with alchol you need to pick the copy protection type, then rip it and mound it with alchol.
Audigy 2ZS
x2 WD Raptors (raid0)
Logitech's THX certified Z560 4.1
1gig OZC 4000 (running at 400mhz)
Viewsonic 19' A90
Swune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 08:34 PM   #19
sechs
Radeon R520

sechs is still being judged by the masses

Use of no-cd "cracks" is not only against your license, it is illegal. Make a copy of your disk or use a disk image program, as has been mentioned.

Exploit the weaknesses of copy protection; do not circumvent it!
Old Nov 10, 2003, 12:48 AM   #20
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I bought the game and I'm sick and tired of how long it takes to load a level. Half the time is spent checking the CD I swear! Everyone else is already playing when I finally get into the level.
Old Nov 10, 2003, 01:33 AM   #21
blackgoat
devil's advocate

blackgoat is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by sechs
Use of no-cd "cracks" is not only against your license, it is illegal. Make a copy of your disk or use a disk image program, as has been mentioned.

How is it illegal to use a nocd crack? I bought the game and all the expansions. I have not made copies and given them to my friends. My cd key is mine and mine alone. You say to "exploit the weaknesses of copy protection" and yet you say that one method of getting around said copy protection is illegal while the other is fine? To me, both are ways to get around the copy protection. Both seem perfectly legit if you own the original game.
Old Nov 10, 2003, 05:07 AM   #22
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
[b]Use of no-cd "cracks" is not only against your license, it is illegal. Make a copy of your disk or use a disk image program, as has been mentioned.
Please do not generalize.

Because this practice is illegal in the united states, does not mean it's illegal in the rest of the world. If it were ever taken to the court, your license would crumble like a cardhouse due to the way it conflicts with the laws of many countries here in Europe.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2003, 09:17 AM   #23
IAmIronSam
Radeon R520

IAmIronSam is still being judged by the masses

Same here, I bought BF1942 and it's expansions. I haven't bootlegged it for anyone. I just use the NO-CD cracks from gamecopyworld.com so I don't have to swap out the disc every time the map changes. It's a pain in the ass.
IAmIronSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2003, 10:04 AM   #24
jonmcc33
Banned

Quote:

You are legally allowed to make a back up copy of your software. If this requires using a cracked EXE so that your paid for software still works then it is not a crime.

Also, why pay the money for a disk imaging program? Some software you can just copy right to your HDD and burn it back up. That's what requires the no CD crack.
Old Nov 10, 2003, 12:40 PM   #25
sechs
Radeon R520

Modifying or use of modified game executables is against the user license. If you'd like to challenge the license in court, feel free; but until a court in your jurisdiction rules otherwise, it is illegal to use "cracks" everywhere that you can legally possess the game.
Old Nov 10, 2003, 02:19 PM   #26
jonmcc33
Banned

Quote:
Modifying or use of modified game executables is against the user license. If you'd like to challenge the license in court, feel free; but until a court in your jurisdiction rules otherwise, it is illegal to use "cracks" everywhere that you can legally possess the game.
It depends on the software and it's license agreement you mean?
Old Nov 10, 2003, 08:01 PM   #27
Beak
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Accually you do have a legal right to make a copy or backup of any software youve purchased legally and have the original product your making a copy of.

As far as nocd cracks are concerned theres absolutly zillch hacking done other than you starting up shortcut on your own pc privately.
Theres nothing outside of your pc that the nocd crack will do. Very likely noone is to never see a court hearing over a crack unless you are pirating and your server was confiscated by the FBI, likely it wont even get a charge then since it is for personal useage no hacking. Thats almost saying typing shortcuts in you original shortcut to cut corners or editing a file to get a game to play faster removing movies, or the old delete register folder. I dont think these will ever land me any legal fines as you describe it as.

Click game started end of th ecracks use.

Now your os if its up to date is another subject all together that why i originally have a corprate copy one free the other paid for at a auction.
Thought i had a bad copy after all the folder corruptions.

Last edited by Beak : Nov 10, 2003 at 08:06 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2003, 08:10 PM   #28
Beak
Radeon Northern Islands

Heres a site that has been running for 6 or more years i dont have the exact time its been up but its there. If there was any real laws broken they would have been busted so long ago and disappeared.

They use to have a explaination faq to whats legal, i cant find it though.

Support them and make this your home page. ill pass on that note. Theres a couple more that are just as old just cant recall them.
http://www.gamecopyworld.com/
Old Nov 10, 2003, 09:10 PM   #29
sechs
Radeon R520

Copying games is perfectly legal (at least here in the US). Generally speaking, as long as the copies are for personal use, nobody cares.

Modifying or use of modified executables is not kosher.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 01:09 AM   #30
kegking
LOL MOD ABUSE

kegking is still being judged by the masses

Virtual cd's are your friend.
| Lite-on 24102B | Pioneer DVD-115 |
------------------------
7/7/04 NEVAR FORGET
kegking is offline   Reply With Quote