Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 4, 2021, 10:47 AM   #781
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I always play easy.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 10:49 AM   #782
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This is one of the only shooters where I also had to drop difficulty. Think I was +1 normal difficulty as +2 was painful towards the end.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2021, 10:53 AM   #783
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
I always play easy.
Play? Plz....

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 8, 2021, 08:04 PM   #784
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Yeah, I dropped down to HMP. The thing is HMP is actually too easy, but I don't like the game enough to "challenge myself" with UV, which just leads to frustration.

Visually the game is amazing. Well, at least after the first few boring levels. Some crazy stuff with the fleshy growths/tentacles. That's what hell should have been in Doom (2016), rather than the boring brown stone they went with.

Game play still seems meh to me, and a clear step down from 2016, but on HMP it's easy enough that I'll eventually wade through it.

The platforming outside of combat is the worst thing though. It just takes me out of the game a lot of the time. And they actually have flaming pinwheels?! Next time id, please don't hire ex-Mario devs for a Doom game!

The included lore in the game is also pretty much garbage. I feel bad that someone actually had to come up with that crap (not blaming the writer, I think they were given an impossible task to explain the utter nonsense mashed together in the game).
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2021, 03:48 AM   #785
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Speaking of the lore, does the game ever explain/show how you got from the end of doom 2016 to the beginning of doom eternal?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2021, 09:37 AM   #786
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I see the game is $15 on playstation store
Old Aug 18, 2021, 10:14 AM   #787
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
This is one of the only shooters where I also had to drop difficulty. Think I was +1 normal difficulty as +2 was painful towards the end.
KAC's big dick wasnt enough for Doom Eternal.
The shrinkage is real.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2021, 10:20 AM   #788
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R600

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

Kinda glad I held off on this now that I finally got a new card and that Neo G9 is coming. Watching Linus play looked very impressive.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 06:10 AM   #789
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

This game is crap, stopped playing it after 30 minutes. Glad I only played $15 for it
Old Aug 21, 2021, 08:48 AM   #790
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I think most nubs give up on the game.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 08:54 AM   #791
Jankan
Banged

Your EDITED is a nub I liked the previous doom, finished that one. This one is too much of a hack and slash type game, i have no interest in that

Last edited by acroig : Aug 21, 2021 at 11:45 AM. Reason: No mom jokes or insults please
Jankan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2021, 09:04 AM   #792
KAC
It might be gays!

It’s fine. If 30 minutes is all you gave it then your opinion is invalid anyways. It’s like me and Dark Souls. Even though I actually played that game for 4 hours before I called it.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 09:17 AM   #793
Jankan
Banged

yeah fair enough. Was playing late last night after i played ghost of tsushima, will probably give it a bit more of a go at a later stage
Old Aug 21, 2021, 11:45 AM   #794
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankan View Post
yeah fair enough. Was playing late last night after i played ghost of tsushima, will probably give it a bit more of a go at a later stage
It takes a while to grow on you unlike Doom 2016.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2021, 07:13 PM   #795
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
It takes a while to grow on you unlike Doom 2016.
This ^

Hated it at first but after beating both I think Eternal is the better game. Yeh it's very gamey but I kind of liked the Mario esqe arcadey-ness by the end of it. It doesn't take it self too seriously, this is not a Doom 3 sequel. It's just a fun arcade shooter.