Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 8, 2021, 03:29 PM   #1051
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I think you want AI traffic ON for random AI traffic. Live is for real time traffic. OFF disables both.

As for the graphics, it really depends on the location.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 05:50 PM   #1052
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I played a bit more with the latest patches and "world updates", but honestly the terrain and buildings still look like crap at anything less than 1000ft in most areas. For example, I flew around Honolulu and the city graphics were a hot mess. This is with all settings on Ultra at 1440p.

Also, does anyone know why there isn't any air traffic flying around or taxiing on runways? I have AI Off in the settings so it should be generating random traffic instead of "live" traffic. I see tons of planes and airport trucks around the airport gates, but absolutely nothing moves. The runways and air are empty. I played around with the settings to no avail. What gives?
Looks like it may be a new bug introduced with the latest patch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftFl...n_yet_another/

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2021, 01:50 AM   #1053
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I'm getting horrid LOD transitions and blurry textures since the update
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 10, 2021, 02:21 AM   #1054
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I'm getting horrid LOD transitions and blurry textures since the update
There is a new setting for caching stuff, fiddle with that.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 09:24 AM   #1055
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
I think you want AI traffic ON for random AI traffic. Live is for real time traffic. OFF disables both.

As for the graphics, it really depends on the location.
There are 3 options.

There is no moving/air traffic for me with any of these settings.
EDIT: To clarify, I see moving vehicles on the roads, but all vehicles are stationary on the airport tarmac. I would expect to see at least SOME ground crew activity, along with planes taxiing, taking off, and landing with AI enabled. No aircraft in the sky either.

Last edited by Munkus : Sep 10, 2021 at 09:29 AM.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2021, 02:19 AM   #1056
demo
space cadet

Yes that's right, there are 3 settings. The way I read your first post it sounded like you have AI OFF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I have AI Off in the settings so it should be generating random traffic instead of "live" traffic. I see tons of planes and airport trucks around the airport gates, but absolutely nothing moves. The runways and air are empty. I played around with the settings to no avail. What gives?
I guess you mean you have AI set to offline. If so, that's correct. Just make sure all the sliders are turned up like aircraft density. There aren't loads of planes flying around that I've seen, but I do see a few here and there particularly over cities. I also see ground crew driving around, but TBH have never seen an AI plane take off or land.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 11:49 AM   #1057
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Yes that's right, there are 3 settings. The way I read your first post it sounded like you have AI OFF.

I guess you mean you have AI set to offline. If so, that's correct. Just make sure all the sliders are turned up like aircraft density. There aren't loads of planes flying around that I've seen, but I do see a few here and there particularly over cities. I also see ground crew driving around, but TBH have never seen an AI plane take off or land.
Yes, sorry, I meant I have AI set to Offline with all sliders to 100. Still don't see any air traffic or moving airport traffic.

Oh well.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2021, 09:38 PM   #1058
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

WAY TO GO ASOBO! Now they've screwed up the previously bulletproof 787! For most of the games release, that was the one stock airliner that flew near perfectly. Now they've given it the EXACT SAME ****ING BUG that the 747 has where vertical descent doesn't listen to your input (it just flat out ignores you).

Ugh...bunch of monkeys coding this game.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Old Sep 14, 2021, 10:22 AM   #1059
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
WAY TO GO ASOBO! Now they've screwed up the previously bulletproof 787! For most of the games release, that was the one stock airliner that flew near perfectly. Now they've given it the EXACT SAME ****ING BUG that the 747 has where vertical descent doesn't listen to your input (it just flat out ignores you).

Ugh...bunch of monkeys coding this game.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Plague_Tale:_Innocence
Old Sep 14, 2021, 10:51 AM   #1060
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post

~George Carlin

Old Sep 14, 2021, 11:00 AM   #1061
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Asobo.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 04:43 PM   #1062
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Guess who's got 2 thumbs and just got FS running smoothly in VR!

It's been a source of massive frustration for me until now. Brand new GPU (radeon 6700xp), cpu, memory, and still a juttery mess.

So it turns out that it all comes down to the "off screen terrain pre-caching" setting. It's a bit counter-intuitive, 'cause if you're having performance issues you usually turn settings down, but in this case turning it up to Ultra totally fixed the problems and gave me smooth gameplay.

One caveat though, I had to dial down my detail sliders pretty far to balance all the pre-caching. I've currently got them down to 45... I know most people want them up to 100 at least. But it's a compromise I'm happy to make, 'cause I finally have smooth VR performance. I can likely dial them in a bit if I set pre-caching to high, then bump up the details sliders a bit more.

Some additional thoughts:

I'm running a Ryzen 5 5600x. I suspect that a faster cpu could unpack terrain data faster, and have less need for pre-caching. btw, I am running on a reasonably fast m.2 ssd, so it's not the loading that's an issue.

People have complained that Radeons get stuttery performance in VR FS no matter what, and that Geforce cards are much better. I think it may have something to ASW. The caching problems were WILDY throwing off my ASW, and making every frame-drop a gigantic disruption to gameplay. Now that the caching isn't such a bottleneck, small frame-drops are much less noticeable. I should point out that my goal is to run the game at a steady 36fps, 'cause that's where ASW needs to be to run smooth. Geforce cards can run ASW as low as 18fps and still run smoothly... don't fully understand why.

But yeah, I'm running at mostly high settings, 1824x1840 resolution, and I think I can bump the settings even higher. The GPU is not the bottleneck, it's the caching.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt

Last edited by SubCog : Sep 22, 2021 at 06:16 PM.
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2021, 06:23 PM   #1063
demo
space cadet

I found setting a frame rate cap helps significantly for smoothness in VR. My headset is 90hz and I'm using a 45fps cap.