Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Operating Systems
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Operating Systems Discussion topics on operating systems including all iterations of Windows, Linux, MacOS, BeOS, etc.

Old Sep 24, 2021, 03:48 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Falck
Radeon R520

Falck is still being judged by the masses

so 194 is final?
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2021, 10:40 PM   #62
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

So I checked if I can leave the dev channel and no dice, only way to leave now is by a full reinstall. Bleh, I thought you could easily move about this chit, I guess not. I guess I stay here until I have some major problem. Updated to the current release after just installing a few days ago and had an install failure on first attempt, second attempt worked so all was good, last build wasnt all that smooth for me. had terrible mouse lag until everything loaded and some taskbar crashes. Lets see how this one goes.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2021, 11:23 AM   #63
lmchv
Planet Express

lmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falck View Post
so 194 is final?
They usually release the RTM version for Technical Preview channel before general availability, so yes, this should be the version being released on Oct 5th, unless some major bug happens.
BEHEMOTH (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz + Asus ROG Ryuo 240 | Corsair Ballistic 32GB DDR4-3000 | Dell 2715Q 27" 4K | XFX Radeon VII 16GB | CoolerMaster Cosmos C700P + Asus ROG Thor 1200W Platinum | Sound Blaster AE-5 + Edifier R1280DBs + Edifier T5 + Logitech G935 | HyperX Alloy Elite RGB CherryMX Red + Logitech G502 Lightspeed + Logitech Powerplay | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD 512GB + 2 x Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB RAID0 + 2 x Western Digital Black 1TB RAID0 | LG BD-RE | Windows 11 Pro

Charquito (Desktop): Asus Sabertooth X99 | Intel Core i7 5930K @4.7Ghz + Corsair Hydro H110 | Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4-2400 | Dell U2713HM 27" | Asus ROG Strix Geforce GTX1080| Cooler Master Cosmos 2 + Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W | Microsoft Reclusa + Logitech MX Performance | Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD + Seagate 500GB | Sony BD-ROM | Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Bloodzone.net Moderator
lmchv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 25, 2021, 01:45 PM   #64
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

There are still quite a few bugs to be ironed out. Even blatant ones like some of the Windows Update Advanced Options crashing when you select them. But Windows is never truly finished. It's "good enough" for the general public now, and bug fixes will be a regular thing just like with Win 10.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2021, 07:18 PM   #65
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Yep, latest build in the Dev channel is no different, everything has to load before the mouse lag stops, maybe I will try hibernate to get around it.

Edit: So having everything already loaded works for this but I have never been that fond of hibernate, we will see, in my years using it, it either turns itself on by itself or fails to properly load at times. we will see, I have a chit load of stuff loading at startup but it never seemed to bother windows 10. Its always the same with a new OS though, takes months to get it all right. Works fine once everything is up.

Last edited by Nascar24 : Sep 25, 2021 at 07:36 PM.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote