Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Nov 20, 2008, 03:12 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default Need for Speed Undercover: GPU and CPU benchmark review

"For our benchmarks we drive "Highway-Battle East 1-20” against one opponent. There aren't just a lot of vehicles, but also a lot of geometry, shadows as well as Bloom and Motion Blur effects visible in this scene. So actually anything that makes Need for Speed what it is."

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,6...chmark_review/
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2008, 03:34 PM   #2
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Nice to see ATI do well, too; and seems this title likes ATI's architecture so far.
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2008, 03:41 PM   #3
icecold1983
Radeon Arctic Islands

icecold1983 is still being judged by the masses

lol @ a 4850 beating a gtx 280.

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise...ed-to-suppress

AHAHAHAH WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT??????????
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 20, 2008, 04:05 PM   #4
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jokerzwild is still being judged by the masses

This title is ATi's secret holiday weapon! NFS Undercover will make people buy 4870's in droves .

I guess at some point I'll play this game on one of my setups considering how much my son likes to play Carbon and Most Wanted, but I'm a little wary of installing it because from what I've read there's lots of things wrong with it visually like missing wheels, flashing textures etc. Maybe they'll put out a "NFS Undercover Hotfix" driver .
Old Nov 20, 2008, 04:07 PM   #5
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

This title should be better on the 360, IMHO.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 04:09 PM   #6
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

Maybe after it's in the bargain bin. I couldn't bring myself to spend 60 freakin dollars on a NFS game, which is what you'd have to spring to get it on the 360. At least on the pc I bet you'll be able to find it for 30-40 bucks at some places (free if you shop on the wrong side of the internet ).
Old Nov 20, 2008, 04:11 PM   #7
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerzwild View Post
Maybe after it's in the bargain bin. I couldn't bring myself to spend 60 freakin dollars on a NFS game, which is what you'd have to spring to get it on the 360. At least on the pc I bet you'll be able to find it for 30-40 bucks at some places (free if you shop on the wrong side of the internet ).
I agree but it's on the top of my son's x-mas list.

Thank God for Best Buy coupons.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 06:11 PM   #8
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

this is a crappy game, who cares about the benchmarks for it??
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2008, 10:44 PM   #9
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

lukilla is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
this is a crappy game, who cares about the benchmarks for it??
Curious people, like you.

lukilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2008, 09:40 PM   #10
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukilla View Post
Curious people, like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:11 PM   #11
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sooo I got to play this game tonight . I'll only comment on performace seeing as this is in the graphics section .

Doesn't run too well at all, really pretty bad. GRID runs better for me and looks a whole lot better too. I dunno what it is lately, in games that reviews say I should be getting good performance in I don't and I DO get good framerates in games that reviews say my card shouldn't be.

Anyways, I got no artifacts or any other anomolies. And the performance isn't horrid, just not as smooth as I'd like given what's being displayed. It really doesn't look that much better than Most Wanted or Carbon but runs half as fast.

Using the 8.11 i7 hotfix drivers.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 05:26 AM   #12
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Sooo I got to play this game tonight . I'll only comment on performace seeing as this is in the graphics section .
You already got it?
Old Nov 22, 2008, 05:55 AM   #13
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

The NFS.exe CATAI profile is actually for an older Need for Speed game and wasnt intended for this game as it disables Crossfire so you need to rename the exe to something else to get Crossfire to work correctly (til theres an extra profile made which can detect the difference between the two different nfs.exe's for both games.) I know they didnt benchmark Crossfired cards but thought I would mention it if anyone wants to bother benchmarking them.

Last edited by spyre : Nov 22, 2008 at 06:01 AM.
spyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2008, 06:29 AM   #14
minaelromany
Radeon Caribbean Islands

minaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyminaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The problem with this game is that I don't think AA is well applied , and also fluctuations in fps , I get 60fps and the next second 30fps

CrossFire does not seem to have any effect for the game , neither better nor worse fps

I just enjoy Game play/sound effects/Music of this release

Quote:
you need to rename the exe to something else to get Crossfire to work correctly
Any suggestions for renaming the .exe ?

I have an HD4870 1GB and HD4870 512MB in CF on P35 mobo and would like to bench the game
SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290 4GB Vapor-X OC 1.1GHz/5.2GHz GDDR5
3 BenQ 2420HD 1080p 24" Widescreen LCD in Eyefinity
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD + 30.0TB of HDDs
Sound Blaster Z -Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 3500 Digital
Seasonic X-850
2xBenq 1640 - LiteOn iHAS120-Pioneer 111L - Samsung 203B - NEC Optiarc AD-7200S DVD+/-RW burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition

Last edited by minaelromany : Nov 22, 2008 at 06:33 AM.
minaelromany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:17 AM   #15
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

The AA in this game is crap. Even with 8xAA it looks aliased... less so... but it is still noticeable.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:48 AM   #16
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It really pisses me off with developers and the lack of AA at times. Give them tools -- give them the power and this is what they do. Great 2008/2009 and no AA or spotty AA at times, it's amazing. Blame gamers because many of them are still clueless when it comes to AA.

Still do this from time-to-time:

Walk in a store where there are gaming consoles and watch some gamers play the games. Offer this to them, " How's the graphics?" Blinded gamer, " Graphics rock! They're fantastic!" So, I point out the aliasing and offer, " What about the aliasing?" Blinded gamer annoyed, "Aliasing?" "These Artifacts" I offer, pointing them out. Laughing yet annoyed the blinded gamer offers " WTF? Man, that's the way games suppose to look!"

Last edited by SIrPauly : Nov 22, 2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 12:12 PM   #17
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

My brother in law is kinda like that. He doesn't like AA because he says it makes things look too "plain" :/ He's also described it as blurry. He still won't admit that AF does anything even after I pointed out the difference specifically. Personally I think it's just because he's running a system I built him out of my old parts and doesn't want to admit he needs to spend some money on a new one. You know, the old "my system runs games just fine, you're just a graphics whore" type of thing. What most people with crap systems say .
Old Nov 22, 2008, 12:30 PM   #18
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
My brother in law is kinda like that. He doesn't like AA because he says it makes things look too "plain" :/ He's also described it as blurry. He still won't admit that AF does anything even after I pointed out the difference specifically. Personally I think it's just because he's running a system I built him out of my old parts and doesn't want to admit he needs to spend some money on a new one. You know, the old "my system runs games just fine, you're just a graphics whore" type of thing. What most people with crap systems say .
I look at it like this. You can only experience a game for the first time once. I try and have the best experience I possibly can, and that is why I spend the money on having a good HDTV and a powerful rig.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 12:33 PM   #19
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
I look at it like this. You can only experience a game for the first time once. I try and have the best experience I possibly can, and that is why I spend the money on having a good HDTV and a powerful rig.
You got it . I'm the same way, which is why I'll tweak and fool with settings for hours so that it looks as good as it can before I actually play the game. Hell that's half the fun of it for me!
Old Nov 22, 2008, 12:36 PM   #20
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Things are subjective to some -- no doubt. I'm just grateful that the IHV's try to offer AA at times when the developers don't. Realize it may be hard for them at times but when ATI offered AA for Oblivion; it transformed that title very much so. When nVidia and ATI try to force AA for Unreal engined games; it's appreciated -- that's all.

Some day everyone may be on the same page and things may be ideal but when?
Old Nov 22, 2008, 12:42 PM   #21
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Quote:
It's all about the experience to some and personally wanna take it to the next level. These newer titles I haven't played yet and waiting for Stereo3d ( sorry Joker) don't mean to disrupt anything. I wanna experience the titles and don't realize how long I've been waiting for Stereo 3d to evolve.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 12:48 PM   #22
Espíritu_de_América
Radeon Northern Islands

Espíritu_de_América is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold1983 View Post
lol @ a 4850 beating a gtx 280.
Not to mention $150 compared to $420.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 01:18 PM   #23
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
It's all about the experience to some and personally wanna take it to the next level. These newer titles I haven't played yet and waiting for Stereo3d ( sorry Joker) don't mean to disrupt anything. I wanna experience the titles and don't realize how long I've been waiting for Stereo 3d to evolve.
What are the 3d display options (glasses, monitors et cetera...) available now? I used to use stereo 3d all the time until my glasses broke.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 01:20 PM   #24
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espíritu_de_América View Post
Are you actually suggesting that the 4850 is more powerful than the gtx 280?

Seems to me that the game is very badly optimized.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 01:22 PM   #25
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espíritu_de_América View Post
You see, now thats official dumb comment of the year.

Its 1 game, no one really cares about because the series is GARBAGE.
Find me another game that the 4850 beats the 280 and we'll talk. Its obviously a horridly optimized game and especially with the guys in this thread saying the AA doesnt even really work.

"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2008, 01:43 PM   #26
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

With the craptastical performance I get (relative to other games that look and run much better) I'd hate to see how it plays on a GTX if they really do get worse framerates than a 4850. I think something's wrong with their testing tbh. Any lower than what I'm getting and 1680*1050 wouldn't even be playable with 4xAA.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 01:47 PM   #27
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Quote:
What are the 3d display options (glasses, monitors et cetera...) available now? I used to use stereo 3d all the time until my glasses broke.
i'll answer this in the official 3d thread.