Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Mar 28, 2021, 05:04 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Ah, last we talked you didnt.👍
I know, I used this thing called Google and my answer was given to me. Amazing!!

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2021, 05:47 PM   #152
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
If you look at the link I posted above I found out the the second 4 CPU power cable splits into two and I added in after the pics were taken.
Ahh, you should be good then.

Also I did not realize yours has 1x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector and 1x 4-pin. The motherboards we were having issues with at my job had 2x 8-pin.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2021, 05:55 PM   #153
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Except for the power cable issue all went pretty well.

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 28, 2021, 09:16 PM   #154
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Glad to hear you've got it up and running! Hopefully the system serves you well for a few years!
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2021, 09:18 PM   #155
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Don't forget to claim your free Intel software bundle before April. Don't need a receipt or a even a key, choose the option to scan your CPU to see what it currently qualifies for.

https://softwareoffer.intel.com/
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2021, 10:27 PM   #156
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Glad to hear you've got it up and running! Hopefully the system serves you well for a few years!
Thanks so much for the mobo!!

yoz
Old Mar 28, 2021, 10:28 PM   #157
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Don't forget to claim your free Intel software bundle before April. Don't need a receipt or a even a key, choose the option to scan your CPU to see what it currently qualifies for.

Right, thanks!

yoz
Old Mar 28, 2021, 10:42 PM   #158
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Next time someone attempts to make fun of my builds I will redirect them to this thread.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2021, 03:12 AM   #159
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post

I wonder if he can stop himself from upgrading next year to DDR5 and pcie 5 :P
Old Mar 29, 2021, 03:25 AM   #160
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Good one acroig, enjoy
Old Mar 29, 2021, 06:08 AM   #161
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

2004 called, it wants its case back.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2021, 06:09 AM   #162
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Next time someone attempts to make fun of my builds I will redirect them to this thread.
see you on your Intel 11th gen thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
I wonder if he can stop himself from upgrading next year to DDR5 and pcie 5 :P
Watch me. This will last 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Good one acroig, enjoy
Thanks bud!

yoz
Old Mar 29, 2021, 10:41 AM   #163
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
Oh good. The people I wanted to redirect to this thread are already visiting.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 10:53 AM   #164
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Case is from 2009, you can take it from my cold, dead hands......

yoz
Old Mar 29, 2021, 10:59 AM   #165
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Case is from 2009, you can take it from my cold, dead hands......
I'll send you something something better. PM me your address.

I can't let a fellow Mancher use something so retro.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old Mar 29, 2021, 11:01 AM   #166
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post

How do you get past the receipt option? It wont let me past.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2021, 11:03 AM   #167
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I'll send you something something better. PM me your address.

I can't let a fellow Mancher use something so retro.
I'm grateful but case stays put.

yoz
Old Mar 29, 2021, 11:13 AM   #168
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
I'm grateful but case stays put.
No, PM me your details.

Like its slightly better then KAC's garbage chassis but it still needs to be replaced.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 11:14 AM   #169
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
No, PM me your details.

Like its slightly better then KAC's garbage chassis but it still needs to be replaced.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 11:15 AM   #170
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
No, PM me your details.

Quote:

yoz
Old Mar 29, 2021, 11:16 AM   #171
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Send me that 3090. I scalped mine when I got it....
Old Mar 29, 2021, 11:26 AM   #172
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Send me that 3090. I scalped mine when I got it....
To think that no one here wanted the 3090 FE I snagged at MSRP from Best Buy and had to return due to no takers.....

yoz
Old Mar 29, 2021, 01:44 PM   #173
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
To think that no one here wanted the 3090 FE I snagged at MSRP from Best Buy and had to return due to no takers.....
Even with the current inflated prices I still wouldn't buy a 3090 at the original MSRP.

Going to be a looooooonnng time before I cave and spend more than $750 for a GPU for gaming.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 01:44 PM   #174
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Even with the current inflated prices I still wouldn't buy a 3090 at the original MSRP.

Going to be a looooooonnng time before I cave and spend more than $750 for a GPU for gaming.
They're being sold for 2.5 or even 3K so profit.....

yoz
Old Mar 29, 2021, 01:49 PM   #175
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
They're being sold for 2.5 or even 3K so profit.....
Are you suggesting we should have bought it from you then scalped it?
Old Mar 29, 2021, 01:55 PM   #176
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Are you suggesting we should have bought it from you then scalped it?
, no I was trying to get a response as I know how you feel about that.

In all seriousness, the price of hardware has gone insane.

yoz
Old Mar 29, 2021, 02:03 PM   #177
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Yeah, its besides the point anyways. Back in the Fall before crazy times started, $1500 was still a ridiculous price to pay for a GPU just for gaming. That hasn't changed in my mind simply because prices have exploded.

If that becomes the norm for the tier of GPUs I buy at, well hate to say it but I will be done with high-end PC gaming.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 02:07 PM   #178
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Yeah, its besides the point anyways. Back in the Fall before crazy times started, $1500 was still a ridiculous price to pay for a GPU just for gaming. That hasn't changed in my mind simply because prices have exploded.

If that becomes the norm for the tier of GPUs I buy at, well hate to say it but I will be done with high-end PC gaming.
I agree but now people are paying 3K for a 1.5K card. From bad to worse!

Let's hope supply get better in '21....

yoz
Old Mar 29, 2021, 02:18 PM   #179
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Well the way I see it there's two main ways GPU manufacturers can go with it.

1) Work to increase manufacturing to help meet increasing demand
2) Keep things the same and just raise prices since people seem to buy at whatever the cost

Sad to say its likely going to be option 2 for a while, then someday may get around to option 1. So I will do my part and simply not buy until prices come back down to Earth (of course easy for me to say since i have a 3080, but still).
Old Mar 29, 2021, 02:33 PM   #180
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Well the way I see it there's two main ways GPU manufacturers can go with it.

1) Work to increase manufacturing to help meet increasing demand
2) Keep things the same and just raise prices since people seem to buy at whatever the cost

Sad to say its likely going to be option 2 for a while, then someday may get around to option 1. So I will do my part and simply not buy until prices come back down to Earth (of course easy for me to say since i have a 3080, but still).
Oh no doubt, Asus went to "ludicrous pricing" on all the models already

yoz