Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old May 25, 2021, 02:18 PM   #2041
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Keep on praising Elon Musk as he continues to manipulate the market.. so many blind dummies.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2021, 03:09 PM   #2042
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
The July update is not POS. Not sure if you were suggesting that or not.

POS just puts the network in the hands of big bag holders/whales. Kind of counter to the spirit of the whole thing in some sense.

Someone at work has a 5700xt reference card, going to trade straight up for my 6700xt. Should get about 5 more MH and reduced power use out of it.
No but the EIP 1559 update will destroy mining profitibility with Ethereum none the less.

Plus Elon wishes he could manipulate the market, the fact is the markets Crypto and non crypto have all crashed for various reasons.

Plus as much as many want crypto to go the markets are still much higher than this time last year, and are slowly recovering.

Hell Matic/Polygon which is the bulk of my portfolio is still much higher than it was 3 weeks ago, so is that even a Crash? It lost 30% but compared to 2 months ago it's still 6x increase.

Sooooo, BUY BUY BUY.
Old May 25, 2021, 06:54 PM   #2043
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Big whales buying up big. I've HODLed and am just farming more coins. Love this 5k up 5k down business. Easy 20% gains every 2 days. Matic was a good ROI. Bought Luna at obscenely low prices, should pay nicely sometime in the future.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 26, 2021, 07:59 AM   #2044
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

If I didn't want to deal with the tax issues I'd be more interested in trading. Between mining and trading though, more than I want to have to account for at EOY.

The July update may not make eth unprofitable. Less profitable than it has been though, yes. Considering how (with a few exceptions) gas prices haven't been all that great it may not even matter as much as people seem to be fearing.

I just traded my 6700xt tuf for a 5700xt reference card. This may seem like a dumb idea in some sense as the 6700xt has better resale value long term. That said I've pushed up my eth hash rate with it and this weekend will be bios modding the card to get it up to 54-55 MH.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2021, 11:32 AM   #2045
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It will depend on the price of eth by year's end. It's expected to be high, so mining profits might still be good. I'm not worried. I see another 7 months of decent eth mining ahead with crudcoins thereafter.

In Canada I'm still unclear on taxes and trading. Many laws are still developing when it comes to crypto.
Old May 29, 2021, 05:16 PM   #2046
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Lowest mining revenue week since I started. $$wise but not BTCwise. Still very profitable
Old May 30, 2021, 07:23 PM   #2047
Riptide

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I traded someone at work straight up my asus tuf 6700xt for his amd reference 5700xt.

I've flashed two other navi cards and had no issues. This time things also seemed to go OK. Copied the straps from 1500mhz up and set tref to 2x. Just like with my powercolor red devil. Flashed it, it accepted it, and rebooted. Mined for a few hours and had some stability issues with what looked like vcore. While in the process of addressing that, the rig locked up hard, and after that the amd reference 5700xt checked out.

I tried all sorts of things to recover it. Spent several hours fighting with it. Put it in my desktop and it would not POST. Back in the rig the computer would POST but the card was code 43 in device manager. Was unable to get it to accept the original bios back, kept erroring out when I would try to flash. Even from a rufus USB boot drive this was not possible to flash back. I thought I was screwed for sure.

What finally worked was using amdvbflash 2.93 instead of 3.04+ to flash the original bios back on it. What a relief! I was about ready to throw this $900 gpu in the garbage. You can bet I'm not going to flash this card again, it's going to stay stock now.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old May 30, 2021, 07:26 PM   #2048
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Dude I would have shat my pants! Good troubleshooting on your part.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2021, 01:57 AM   #2049
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Why did you flash an AMD card? I don’t get it. AMD hasn’t needed a flash since I think 9700 and X800XT days or something. Maybe I am out of touch.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2021, 11:21 AM   #2050
Riptide

BIOS flashing 5600/5700 cards is a thing for ETH mining and has been for a while. Gains at least 4 MH.

Far as what happened with this reference card best guess would be that it did take the flash correctly but at some point the BIOS became corrupted, probably the last time the miner crashed. When the rig rebooted after that, it was trashed.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old May 31, 2021, 11:25 AM   #2051
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Damn, that's some high risk flashing. What hashrates are you getting on AMD cards?
Old May 31, 2021, 11:57 AM   #2052
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
BIOS flashing 5600/5700 cards is a thing for ETH mining and has been for a while. Gains at least 4 MH.

Far as what happened with this reference card best guess would be that it did take the flash correctly but at some point the BIOS became corrupted, probably the last time the miner crashed. When the rig rebooted after that, it was trashed.
And the 5700 is better than the 6700?

yoz
Old May 31, 2021, 02:55 PM   #2053
Riptide

For ETH yes, the 5700 > 6700xt. This is due to memory bandwidth.

GPUs I have in the pool and their hash rates:
2060maxQ - 25 MH
5600xt asus tuf - 41 MH
5700xt powercolor - 55 MH
5700xt amd reference - 51 MH
6800xt sapphire - 61.5 MH
6800xt gigabyte - 61.5 MH
6900xt asrock phantom - 63.0 MH

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old May 31, 2021, 03:23 PM   #2054
acroig
Troll SMod

TY, had no idea.

yoz
Old Jun 3, 2021, 03:42 PM   #2055
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eth2.0 delayed to end of 2022 at earliest. What a shocker. PoS delayed. Now miners can mine longer...by miners I mean ASICs
Old Today, 08:50 AM   #2056
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

29 Gs now. Time to rejoice gamers.

Last edited by acroig : Today at 09:27 AM. Reason: Needless Profanity
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote