Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old May 16, 2021, 11:24 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default My garage is changing

This is my current garage:

which one is gonna get replaced by this?:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 01:37 AM   #2
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

You too. Damn.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 06:44 AM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
You too. Damn.
You know it's not a Supra right?
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 17, 2021, 07:16 AM   #4
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
You know it's not a Supra right?
Man, why you gotta ruin that so quick?
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 07:20 AM   #5
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

it's a GT86 if i'm not mistaken

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 07:25 AM   #6
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I know what it is. What I meant was you too as a person trying to buy wannabe Toyota cars.
Old May 17, 2021, 07:26 AM   #7
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yes, that's an 86. Aka Subaru BRZ, Scion FRS.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 07:53 AM   #8
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I know what it is. What I meant was you too as a person trying to buy wannabe Toyota cars.
Sure you did
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 08:14 AM   #9
KAC
It might be gays!

Old May 17, 2021, 09:37 AM   #10
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old May 17, 2021, 11:46 AM   #11
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Why are you such a bitch?
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 11:48 AM   #12
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
It's part of the KAC "charm".....

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 11:51 AM   #13
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Definitely

I'll be 100% honest though, when this car (well the BRZ) first came out (being the Subaru fanboy I was) I went to an unveiling and although I loved the styling I was really let down by the cheap feeling of it more than the lack of power. The other people there had a similar sentiment overall.

Since that was a long time ago has that improved over time? I don't want to assume, but I am guessing so? I really like the way they drive.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 11:52 AM   #14
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

So you really buying it? Nice looking car, but I'd rather have that Tacoma sitting there ....
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 12:17 PM   #15
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Definitely

I'll be 100% honest though, when this car (well the BRZ) first came out (being the Subaru fanboy I was) I went to an unveiling and although I loved the styling I was really let down by the cheap feeling of it more than the lack of power. The other people there had a similar sentiment overall.

Since that was a long time ago has that improved over time? I don't want to assume, but I am guessing so? I really like the way they drive.
Yeah its been improved a fair bit since its initial release (i think most of the big changes happened in the 2017 refresh)
-Suspension is much improved. its supposedly much more comfy than before (i dunno what it was like before).
-Engine tweaks. Its much smoother and more refined than before (I remembered this from the time i test drove a 2017 model)
-Interior tweaks. Most of the changes are to trim pieces. Touch points got either better leather (Subaru) or a fake suede material (86) to replace some plastic bits.
-Toyota gained an uplevel GT trim in 2018 so the base model is pretty much like the FRS back in the day with upgraded trim pieces, while the GT is pretty much a BRZ Limited (so the leather/alcantara seats, dual HVAC, heated seats, push button start, fog lights, some carbon fibre looking bits). This one/mine is the GT trim. In 2020 they introduced a performance package (Sachs dampers, brembo brakes, 18" wheels) which for some reason we dont get in Canada....but it does have the 18" wheels though. Benefit to me, i have snow tires that are the ideal alternate size to the 18's lol. So Im winter ready (just need to change the steel wheels, the Scion IM steelies dont fit the 86)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post

So you really buying it? Nice looking car, but I'd rather have that Tacoma sitting there ....
Yup its mine i pick it up on Thursday.
The emoji was more for the eventual commentary and the fact that this car is and always was a love/hate car.
I've liked this car since it first came out but 2 of the big selling points for me about this car was the fact that it actually has back seats and it doesn't cost 60+ grand.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old May 17, 2021, 12:23 PM   #16
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
I am a bitch because I don’t like wannabe cars? Well ok then.
Old May 17, 2021, 12:28 PM   #17
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Yeah its been improved a fair bit since its initial release (i think most of the big changes happened in the 2017 refresh)
-Suspension is much improved. its supposedly much more comfy than before (i dunno what it was like before).
-Engine tweaks. Its much smoother and more refined than before (I remembered this from the time i test drove a 2017 model)
-Interior tweaks. Most of the changes are to trim pieces. Touch points got either better leather (Subaru) or a fake suede material (86) to replace some plastic bits.
-Toyota gained an uplevel GT trim in 2018 so the base model is pretty much like the FRS back in the day with upgraded trim pieces, while the GT is pretty much a BRZ Limited (so the leather/alcantara seats, dual HVAC, heated seats, push button start, fog lights, some carbon fibre looking bits). This one/mine is the GT trim. In 2020 they introduced a performance package (Sachs dampers, brembo brakes, 18" wheels) which for some reason we dont get in Canada....but it does have the 18" wheels though. Benefit to me, i have snow tires that are the ideal alternate size to the 18's lol. So Im winter ready (just need to change the steel wheels, the Scion IM steelies dont fit the 86)

The emoji was more for the eventual commentary and the fact that this car is and always was a love/hate car.
I've liked this car since it first came out but 2 of the big selling points for me about this car was the fact that it actually has back seats and it doesn't cost 60+ grand.
Congratulations - looks like a nice sporty ride without the pricetag
Old May 17, 2021, 12:37 PM   #18
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Congrats, what did it run you?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 10:21 PM   #19
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Congrats, what did it run you?
thanks

Out the door price came to $34,500 canadian.

My target was pretty much the base model price + GST (This one's the upper level GT trim model) so I'm pretty happy with what we got. I dunno if it was a great deal but I think we got a pretty good deal for it.

IN comparison our BMW X1 was around 60k.
The Scion iM cost me 14k all in used.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old May 18, 2021, 08:10 AM   #20
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Congrats on the new ride. Always thought those things looked great. I think they even have a little more straight line power now too if I remember correctly.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2021, 08:18 AM   #21
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Congrats!!

yoz
Old May 19, 2021, 11:50 AM   #22
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I am a bitch because I don’t like wannabe cars? Well ok then.
I'm going to get hell for asking this.
What exactly constitutes a wannabe car today?
Does your Ford wannabe a Lexus?
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2021, 12:20 PM   #23
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytprice View Post
I'm going to get hell for asking this.
What exactly constitutes a wannabe car today?
Does your Ford wannabe a Lexus?
Old May 19, 2021, 12:21 PM   #24
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Gonna needs more Sasquach

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2021, 12:31 PM   #25
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Gonna needs more Sasquach
It'll come,

i dont have it yet, picking it up tomorrow
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old May 19, 2021, 06:20 PM   #26
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
It'll come,

i dont have it yet, picking it up tomorrow
Nice
Old May 20, 2021, 10:42 PM   #27
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Straight up front end shot is not the best angle for this car lol.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old May 21, 2021, 04:10 AM   #28
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:

Straight up shot of any angle is not the best for this car lol.
Old May 21, 2021, 05:24 AM   #29
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Always a kind word for everyone, eh kac?

Looks good Sasquatch How's the driving experience?
Old May 21, 2021, 06:48 AM   #30
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Always a kind word for everyone, eh kac?
If you drove his beater you'd be the same way.

yoz