Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Apr 9, 2021, 11:52 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

And its a spartan thing as well no artistry in what they design. Gives it a mass produced militaristic feel. We make some very elegant shaped aircraft that also allow for function in comparison, even some of the military stuff. Tho def we also make ugly but more functional aircraft but those do tend to be purely miltary oriented.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2021, 03:30 PM   #32
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Default i want to ......believe.....or maybe not..

whatever theories we might pull outta our arses are doomed to fail because we frankly have no idea about how space travel over extreme distances might work. Realising that makes every assumption completely pointless. Heck, we even can't explain half of the things that happen on our own planet....

I find it 'entertaining' at best every time i read about all the theories regarding "aliens".

But, as a lot of other things, it keeps us occupied.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2021, 08:44 PM   #33
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

https://www.mysterywire.com/ufo/pent...ideo-are-real/

Pentagon confirms leaked UAP photos and video are real

Quote:
A pentagon spokesperson has confirmed to The Black Vault that the photographs and video released by Mystery Wire and Jeremy Corbell this week are real and were taken by Navy personnel.
Quote:
The Black Vault published the following statement from the Pentagon spokesperson:

“I can confirm that the referenced photos and videos were taken by Navy personnel. The UAPTF has included these incidents in their ongoing examinations. As we have said before, to maintain operations security and to avoid disclosing information that may be useful to potential adversaries, DOD does not discuss publicly the details of either the observations or the examinations of reported incursions into our training ranges or designated airspace, including those incursions initially designated as UAP.”
- Susan Gough, Pentagon Spokesperson

https://thedebrief.org/pentagon-conf...are-authentic/

Pentagon Confirms Leaked UFO Images Are Authentic

Quote:
The Pentagon has confirmed that U.S. Navy personnel captured several leaked images and a video depicting unidentified aerial phenomena, or UAP, involving incidents being investigated currently by the Department of Defense’s Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force (UAPTF).

“I can confirm that the referenced photos and videos were taken by Navy personnel. The UAPTF has included these incidents in their ongoing examinations,” Pentagon Spokesperson Susan Gough told The Debrief in an email. John Greenewald, who runs the popular government document archive The Black Vault, also confirmed the videos were authentic via a statement from Gough.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus

Last edited by Shapeshifter : Apr 10, 2021 at 04:40 PM.
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 10, 2021, 04:45 PM   #34
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Old Apr 10, 2021, 09:31 PM   #35
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Thats pushing the hype train for disclosure pretty high. Probably the highest since Nixon who got Halderman to hire filmmaker Robert Emenegger and promised him some footage of a UFO landing at Holloman AFB then balked...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365874...nm_flmg_prd_14

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 6, 2021, 12:07 AM   #36
pax
Rage3D Spammer

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...zgiWAv5u-Ybo-E

Quote:
The Pentagon's inspector general is looking into the actions the military has taken to address the spate of UFO sightings in recent years involving high performance aircraft that have violated military airspace.

The probe comes as Congress awaits a public report, due next month, from a host of national security agencies on the issue, and as advocates complain that some departments and agencies are not fully cooperating by sharing data.

"The objective of this evaluation is to determine the extent to which the DoD has taken actions regarding Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP)," Randolph Stone, assistant inspector general for evaluations on space, intelligence, engineering and oversight, wrote in a Monday memo to the heads of the military branches and other top military commanders and intelligence chiefs.

"We may revise the objective as the evaluation proceeds, and we will consider suggestions from management for additional or revised objectives," it added.

The memo was first reported by The Debrief.

It was not immediately clear who decided that the department's independent watchdog should take on the issue; the IG's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
This looks like they are taking the whole thing seriously now and that some cultural or other issue kept the various services from cooperating on the matter for decades isnt being viewed favorably.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 6, 2021, 01:10 PM   #37
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Or it could be that secret military projects could be at risk.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2021, 07:12 PM   #38
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

https://www.newsweek.com/marco-rubio...unters-1590554

Marco Rubio is Taking UFOs Seriously and He Thinks You Should Too

Quote:
"Dozens of men and women we have entrusted with the defense of our country are telling us about encounters with unidentified aircraft with capabilities we do not fully understand," Rubio said in exclusive comments ahead of a 60 Minutes interview that will air this weekend. "We cannot allow the stigma of UFO's to keep us from seriously investigating these encounters."
60 minutes doing a piece on it now

Old May 11, 2021, 07:30 PM   #39
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Ya some tweets on the matter from 60 min producers said a piece was coming and it will rattle some cages... Its probably simply that there is a sea change where most of the world has publicly been taking ufos seriously for decades the US is finally officially coming onboard. Course theres some evidence the gov has been taking ufo's seriously for some time secretly.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 11, 2021, 08:03 PM   #40
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Who the **** cares what Marco Rubio says. Failed politician looking for some publicity
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2021, 08:26 PM   #41
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Sometimes the ufo angle is used by politicians and govs as a distraction when they are going thru bad times. Russia famously played that game. The 60 min piece will have more than just him, people from both parties will speak to the issue, tho he was on the committee that dealt with ufos.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 11, 2021, 08:56 PM   #42
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

I'm not a fan of 60 minutes as it is a program known for deliberately misreporting interviews and scandals over the last several decades.

But regardless of that "hit piece", it does seem you have a different idealogy of what "UFO" actually means. You and a few others have this notion that UFO's somehow must be "alien" in origin and the whole world needs to "wake up", when in fact that method is flawed from the getgo and the people romanticizing UFO's as alien origins are the ones (and I hate to say it but it needs to be said) that need to open their minds. This couldn't be more important for national security issues like this, because we either have super secret projects at risk because people want to poke their noses until we give up our secrets, or there is a foreign government entity at play and we need to uncover it. ET coming from another planet is the last likeliest explanations considering there has never been any shred of evidence of interstellar objects entering our vicinity/atmosphere from origins beyond the solar system other than the usual meteors and asteroids. Like I've always said and is repeated in the scientific world, if there's no correlating evidence of it ever coming from space then it most likely never came from space in the first place, and thus has a terrestrial explanation even if we don't know what that explanation is yet despite how outlandish it looks.

This video just came out today and I recommend taking a look at just how unlikely anything of "alien" origins has been ever detected.

Imagine if the skunkworks project of the 1970's had to give up their secrets early to other branches of government (and thus our enemies at the time) just to satiate someone's nosiness into what was going on.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2021, 01:07 AM   #43
pax
Rage3D Spammer

I think we argued that alien thing to death already. Some people call foreigners aliens so if you want to carry it that far well thats you. Evidence of pretty amazing tech existing at least since ww2 is enough to rattle any cage no aliens needed. Well not the ET kind anyway. There are many avenues by which such tech can come about and if its simply secret skunkworks even when people who worked there say we dont have anything anywhere near that its still amazing if it is.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 13, 2021, 12:03 PM   #44
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Some cool **** while we wait for the 60 min piece on Sunday:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/13/o...e=articleShare

Quote:
OPINION
EZRA KLEIN

Even if You Think Discussing Aliens Is Ridiculous, Just Hear Me Out

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 14, 2021, 02:22 PM   #45
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

https://thedebrief.org/pentagon-conf...-is-authentic/

Pentagon Confirms Leaked Video Showing “Transmedium” UFO is Authentic

Quote:
The Pentagon has confirmed that newly leaked footage, appearing to show an unidentified aerial object that was filmed as it entered the ocean, was obtained by US Navy personnel and is being examined by the Navy’s UAP Task Force.

The video was obtained by personnel aboard the USS Omaha, a United States Navy Independence-class littoral combat ship, during a 2019 incident that occurred off the California coast.

Last edited by Shapeshifter : May 14, 2021 at 03:17 PM.
Old May 14, 2021, 11:17 PM   #46
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Preview of the 60 Minutes segment:

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 15, 2021, 06:20 AM   #47
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Preview of the 60 Minutes segment:

Yay! Region locked.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2021, 10:49 AM   #48
pax
Rage3D Spammer

VPN is your friend:

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 16, 2021, 08:29 PM   #49
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ufo-mil...es-2021-05-16/

60 minutes, transcript of the segment.

Old May 16, 2021, 09:12 PM   #50
pax
Rage3D Spammer

A couple new takeaways from the segment was that this has been happening daily for 2 years at one point and with multiple pilot and instrument witnesses of any given incident. Much of this due to new radar tech that can see them more easily. So they must have hundreds of hours of gun camera footage...

Hope we get some quality declassified footage in June.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 17, 2021, 02:26 AM   #51
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

I doubt that any decent videos will come out.

The military won't let other nations know that they have really good video targeting systems.

It'll all be grainy AF and nasty looking.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 08:27 AM   #52
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

This 60 minutes piece coming out 30 days before the report is one helluva way to get PR rolling for this thing.

Very compelling stuff.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 10:55 AM   #53
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

The sources seem credible. The footage seems authentic. Interesting stuff.

Humans have been obsessed with harnessing the power of light in its various forms. I have often wondered what ingenuity would have arisen out of an equal obsession with the force of gravity and magnetism.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 11:07 AM   #54
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

The funny part is, once you have agreed that these unidentified objects are real, then Occam's Razor gets pretty damn funny.

Because the odds that some Nation-state has this level of technology are so far out, the simple conclusion is that has to be extraterrestrial.
Old May 17, 2021, 11:16 AM   #55
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...nr-sot-vpx.cnn

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper discusses an upcoming Pentagon report on UFOs.

Quote:
"I don't know why we haven't been more transparent about it in the past, I'm part of that crime I guess at my former capacities I didn't insist on more transparency with respect to this issue"

Old May 17, 2021, 11:29 AM   #56
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

TBH, I mean can you really blame them?

*If the U.S. government knows as much as we do, that we have no idea what the UAP's are, then why bother telling the public?

If you're the government and you have no idea what they are or how to stop them, then you're just scaring the ever-living **** out of the public.
Old May 17, 2021, 11:35 AM   #57
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
The funny part is, once you have agreed that these unidentified objects are real, then Occam's Razor gets pretty damn funny.

Because the odds that some Nation-state has this level of technology are so far out, the simple conclusion is that has to be extraterrestrial.
And yet the ET notion not my first choice as an answer. Even less if the accounts of crashes and behaviors and also creatures (they seem very much variations of primates to me) indicating they are aware and sometimes afraid of aggression on our part are true. IMO its a parallel or older civilisation that maybe ahead of us by a few hundred or thousand years at the most. Much of the tech we see maybe just a few decades away from our own labs. Its stuff we've dabbled in science fiction for generations and we know science fiction has a tendency to become science fact not very long after the fiction has been written.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 17, 2021, 11:45 AM   #58
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

Interesting theory.

Right up there with these UAP's being objects from our own future.
Old May 17, 2021, 12:23 PM   #59
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post

Nah, the rover gonna role up on a Mars base inhabited by people from Guam. They'll be like, "Oh, we didn't tell ya?".
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2021, 12:26 PM   #60
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
And yet the ET notion not my first choice as an answer. Even less if the accounts of crashes and behaviors and also creatures (they seem very much variations of primates to me) indicating they are aware and sometimes afraid of aggression on our part are true. IMO its a parallel or older civilisation that maybe ahead of us by a few hundred or thousand years at the most. Much of the tech we see maybe just a few decades away from our own labs. Its stuff we've dabbled in science fiction for generations and we know science fiction has a tendency to become science fact not very long after the fiction has been written.
Okay.. it's time to put down the crack pipe my brother
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote