Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

View Poll Results: got vaccine?
yes: pfizer 36 38.30%
yes: moderna 23 24.47%
yes: johnson in my johnson 5 5.32%
no: vaccine not available, but will get it asap when available 16 17.02%
no: no intention of getting it 11 11.70%
yes: AstraZeneca 3 3.19%
yes: Sputnik V 0 0%
yes: other approved vaccine 0 0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 29, 2021, 06:55 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDengin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Had my first Pfizer shot a week ago, 2nd one scheduled 2 weeks from now. Slightly sore arm for a couple of days, nothing major.
Dengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 07:04 AM   #32
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Got my first shot (Biontech) yesterday. Arm/shoulder is sore, but that was to be expected. Only sideeffects are being tired and feeling a bit off, like a mild flu. Nothing to write home about, second shot in about 6 weeks.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 08:07 AM   #33
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
Got my first shot (Biontech) yesterday.
Not familiar with that one but glad you got vaccinated.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 29, 2021, 08:22 AM   #34
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
https://biontech.de/

They're also big in cancer treatment

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:58 AM   #35
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I forgot to mention my 5G speeds are through the roof for some reason...

Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:06 AM   #36
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Second Pfizer shot tomorrow, whoop whoop. Only had a sore arm for a couple of days after the first shot but will see how it goes after tomorrow
Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:12 AM   #37
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Isnt it the same as pfizer?

Im sure ive seen it called Pfizer-bioNtech at various times.

I think they just produce the same vaccines?
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:13 AM   #38
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post

Soon you will be ready to connect to skynet!
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:48 AM   #39
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Moderna.

Had the first shot a week ago. Had slight shoulder tension, but easily ignored and forgotten.
Same here. Second dose scheduled for May 21.

Finally light at the end of the tunnel.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 12:33 PM   #40
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

By the looks of it I'll have to wait another month before i can get vaccinated...If I had a choice I'd want the Moderna vaccine the most followed by Pfizer. I won't have any choice though so I'll likely get whatever the "worst" version is

I won't judge those who don't want the vaccine because there are a whole list of things that people regularly do that put other people's lives at risk and very few people judge them for that.

At some point this risk-adverse society is going to have to live with a certain level of risk and go back to a mostly "regular" lifestyle again once all the people who want vaccines get them
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 04:41 PM   #41
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post

Mine too! Can’t figure out why though...

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 04:43 PM   #42
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

One of my favorite episodes!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 05:03 PM   #43
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Geez, do we really have 6% Trump-supporter conspiracy theorists here?

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt

Last edited by SubCog : Apr 29, 2021 at 05:10 PM.
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 05:22 PM   #44
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Mine too! Can’t figure out why though...
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 07:02 PM   #45
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post

i know a lot of dems that won't get it because Trump made it

on a side note the nanoparticles are keeping me up at night talking all night
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 07:52 PM   #46
Jay20016

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTMouse View Post
By the looks of it I'll have to wait another month before i can get vaccinated...If I had a choice I'd want the Moderna vaccine the most followed by Pfizer. I won't have any choice though so I'll likely get whatever the "worst" version is

I won't judge those who don't want the vaccine because there are a whole list of things that people regularly do that put other people's lives at risk and very few people judge them for that.

At some point this risk-adverse society is going to have to live with a certain level of risk and go back to a mostly "regular" lifestyle again once all the people who want vaccines get them
The problem with the thesis is that it isn't just themselves they put at risk. You either help eradicate it, or you help spread it. The continued existence of hosts puts everyone else at risk to mutations that undermine progress we've made with the vaccines. Hopefully boosters can cover it, but what if they don't? The liner this is out in the wild, the mutations can become more resilient, spreadable, and lethal.

You are not strong for wanting to end being risk averse, it is being ignorant. Yes, life is full of contradictions and driving down the road, waking to the mailbox can be dangerous endeavors, but this pandemic is one instance where your actions have negative effects on others in a multitude of ways and while hard to fathom, just because you're willing to risk the sickness, is everyone in your life and that you have contact with willing?

These times show who think of themselves and others, or just of themselves.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 08:30 PM   #47
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

can mods add astra zeneca poison to the list. i. want. to. participate. in. the. poll.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 09:15 PM   #48
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
The problem with the thesis is that it isn't just themselves they put at risk. You either help eradicate it, or you help spread it. The continued existence of hosts puts everyone else at risk to mutations that undermine progress we've made with the vaccines. Hopefully boosters can cover it, but what if they don't? The liner this is out in the wild, the mutations can become more resilient, spreadable, and lethal.

You are not strong for wanting to end being risk averse, it is being ignorant. Yes, life is full of contradictions and driving down the road, waking to the mailbox can be dangerous endeavors, but this pandemic is one instance where your actions have negative effects on others in a multitude of ways and while hard to fathom, just because you're willing to risk the sickness, is everyone in your life and that you have contact with willing?

Hopeless to argue with this viewpoint. I could only wish the rest of the country was as responsible as R3D. Less than 6% vaccine hesitancy here is pretty awesome. We will survive!
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 12:01 AM   #49
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Im kinda impressed its only 6%... at large its more lke 40.

Damnit youtube age restricted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbMq7Pme5pk

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 02:48 AM   #50
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post

Damnit youtube age restricted?
yep and no, i won't upload my ID just to watch some clips, f***ers

Old Apr 30, 2021, 04:54 AM   #51
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Hopeless to argue with this viewpoint. I could only wish the rest of the country was as responsible as R3D. Less than 6% vaccine hesitancy here is pretty awesome. We will survive!
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 05:07 AM   #52
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Biontech is the Pfizer vaccine. Biontech developed it, Pfizer put it through the trials, does manufacturing, etc.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-BioNTech.html

And it's coming to the EU now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...cid=uxbndlbing

Quote:
Big euros on the way
European Commission (EC) President Ursula von der Leyen stated last week that the EC is only a few days away from finalizing an agreement to buy up to 1.8 billion doses of Pfizer and BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine. The doses would be delivered through 2023. This deal will give countries in the European Union enough vaccine to fully vaccinate all 450 million EU citizens for two years.

There's a pretty good chance, though, that the EU won't need all of those doses. Pfizer has indicated that booster shots would likely involve only one dose. Still, even if only half of the order is filled, Pfizer and BioNTech will split around $21 billion

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 06:58 AM   #53
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Ah cool, great news for EU countries.

yoz
Old Apr 30, 2021, 08:37 AM   #54
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post

Well we will NEVER get to 100% vaccination because of multiple reasons and you cannot force people to take it so I guess you can just lock yourself in your house for the rest of your life then because you also can't force people to stay locked down, masked, and distanced for the rest of their lives either.
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 09:05 AM   #55
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Well we will NEVER get to 100% vaccination because of multiple reasons and you cannot force people to take it so I guess you can just lock yourself in your house for the rest of your life then because you also can't force people to stay locked down, masked, and distanced for the rest of their lives either.
Why not? It’s a public health issue. We aren’t allowed to drive 120MPH on the freeway because it endangers others. Same thing here.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 09:34 AM   #56
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Why not? It’s a public health issue. We aren’t allowed to drive 120MPH on the freeway because it endangers others. Same thing here.
You'd think this would be common sense but, alas..... my "rights" supersede public health.

yoz
Old Apr 30, 2021, 09:55 AM   #57
Jay20016

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Strawmans all around.

Never mentioned infinite lockdown, never mentioned 100% vaccination rate, but it is easy to throw out there as my position to fight against, feeling like you're doing something when you're really not, almost like the U.S response to covid....

I just wish we had done the work in March of 2020 and had a plan that wasn't to politicize it, to ignore it, and do everything we could to prolong it.

The people on this board who bemoan restrictions and masks the most, who flaunt their objections and refusal to adhere to then, are the catalysts for their longevity and why after 15 months we're still under them. We are lucky that science had major break throughs when they did to create these miracle shots because regardless of the shots, the same people talking about tyranny would be lurching to get out, it's just human nature to not want to have cabin fever, I get that, but my god, look at other countries who are currently having 80k plus spectator sports with less vaccination rates than us because they put in the ****ing work early on. They didn't brandy about talking about my rights and how sitting in a place not your home to eat a hamburger was "essential". They took their economic pain swiftly, but came out way sooner with nearly non existent cases after it. And when they do find cases they built the apparatus to track and contain.

New Zealand has administered around 250k vaccines. Australia about 2.5 million doses. Total. Not daily, not weekly, not monthly. Total. And they are living their pre covid lives right now.

America failed this test. Our government and our people. We are only somewhat okay now because science bailed us the **** out, but that was never a guarantee.

I will never convince you otherwise, but the insistence on minimizing the virus and its effects only makes its effects last longer and felt more pronounced. You do it to yourself with this idea that "we can't stay inside for ever" when it never was forever, it was long enough to let the fire of covid burn out as we follow the guidelines to stop it's spread. Instead we did what we did in America and see embers and super heated coals and proclaim victory, reigniting the blaze time and time again. But, I'm sorry, muh freedom, right...

And I can't help but think that those who say that are also those who haven't really felt a cost other than a nuisance of masks, distancing, or what not and not the 5 empty plates at a family reunion that my family will have in the future so that we can finally grieve the absolute pointlessness of the lives lost. Nearly 600k now in this country alone and if it hasn't affected you, be thankful, and for those, like my family, who it has, my condolences, because no one should ever have to say goodbye to their sister on the phone over the sound of a respirator.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 09:57 AM   #58
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
People can drive 120MPH and drive drunk for that matter, we just impose heavy penalties if they are caught doing so. I'm sure we'll come up with a way to penalize these folk for their irresponsibility but exactly how is really p&r.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:57 AM   #59
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I mean, once the vaccine is mandatory, I'll agree. Until then, do what you like. I'm curious how long it'll take for us to get the all-clear and not just under emergency use.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 11:34 AM   #60
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

I honestly dont care anymore. Too many stupid people keeping this thing going and the governments here are too stupid to do anything about it.

I'll keep doing my bestt to keep on distancing/masking/sanitizing/etc and avoiding all public places until its safe to open up and i get my vaccine.
Looking after myself and my family here.

For all i care all these antivaxers/maskers/MUH FREEDoms can just get covid and die so we dont have to hear from them anymore, and also ends a transmission route/source.
And I wish they could just go pray to god or go to their herbal shaman or whatever it is to get "healed" and leave the hospitals alone so we dont have to deal with thier ****.

I mean how hard is it to follow some goddam rules?
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM