Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

View Poll Results: got vaccine?
yes: pfizer 36 37.89%
yes: moderna 23 24.21%
yes: johnson in my johnson 5 5.26%
no: vaccine not available, but will get it asap when available 16 16.84%
no: no intention of getting it 11 11.58%
yes: AstraZeneca 4 4.21%
yes: Sputnik V 0 0%
yes: other approved vaccine 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 30, 2021, 12:53 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
You'd think this would be common sense but, alas..... my "rights" supersede public health.
you damn skippy they do .

i don't agree with the anti vaxxers but i would not want it forced vaccination
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 01:17 PM   #62
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
can mods add astra zeneca poison to the list. i. want. to. participate. in. the. poll.
yo my bad...it was more of a US centric poll because they aren't using astra zeneca here.
probably should have combined jj and az in one selection.

btw, anyone know why pfizer is more popular than moderna?

Last edited by Payne3d : Apr 30, 2021 at 01:24 PM.
Payne3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 03:35 PM   #63
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne3d View Post
btw, anyone know why pfizer is more popular than moderna?

I think it's just manufacturing capacity. All else being equal, Moderna is easier to distribute due to storage temperatures... there's just less of it available.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 30, 2021, 03:48 PM   #64
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
Strawmans all around.

Never mentioned infinite lockdown, never mentioned 100% vaccination rate, but it is easy to throw out there as my position to fight against, feeling like you're doing something when you're really not, almost like the U.S response to covid....

I just wish we had done the work in March of 2020 and had a plan that wasn't to politicize it, to ignore it, and do everything we could to prolong it.

The people on this board who bemoan restrictions and masks the most, who flaunt their objections and refusal to adhere to then, are the catalysts for their longevity and why after 15 months we're still under them. We are lucky that science had major break throughs when they did to create these miracle shots because regardless of the shots, the same people talking about tyranny would be lurching to get out, it's just human nature to not want to have cabin fever, I get that, but my god, look at other countries who are currently having 80k plus spectator sports with less vaccination rates than us because they put in the ****ing work early on. They didn't brandy about talking about my rights and how sitting in a place not your home to eat a hamburger was "essential". They took their economic pain swiftly, but came out way sooner with nearly non existent cases after it. And when they do find cases they built the apparatus to track and contain.

New Zealand has administered around 250k vaccines. Australia about 2.5 million doses. Total. Not daily, not weekly, not monthly. Total. And they are living their pre covid lives right now.

America failed this test. Our government and our people. We are only somewhat okay now because science bailed us the **** out, but that was never a guarantee.

I will never convince you otherwise, but the insistence on minimizing the virus and its effects only makes its effects last longer and felt more pronounced. You do it to yourself with this idea that "we can't stay inside for ever" when it never was forever, it was long enough to let the fire of covid burn out as we follow the guidelines to stop it's spread. Instead we did what we did in America and see embers and super heated coals and proclaim victory, reigniting the blaze time and time again. But, I'm sorry, muh freedom, right...

And I can't help but think that those who say that are also those who haven't really felt a cost other than a nuisance of masks, distancing, or what not and not the 5 empty plates at a family reunion that my family will have in the future so that we can finally grieve the absolute pointlessness of the lives lost. Nearly 600k now in this country alone and if it hasn't affected you, be thankful, and for those, like my family, who it has, my condolences, because no one should ever have to say goodbye to their sister on the phone over the sound of a respirator.
Sorry but all your arguments fall flat on their face because this virus, by the looks of it, is never going to be eradicated anytime soon. You can continue to live in la-la land but there's no way we ever get to 100% vaccination...it would be handy if we could but it will NEVER happen. Your arguments have been that if people aren't eradicating the virus then they are spreading it...well guess what? that means it's not going to go away and will likely become like the seasonal flu (except all year round) and people will get booster shots for a while (hopefully not needed forever) but the virus will continue to be a part of our societies and, like the flu, millions of people will get it every year and hundreds of thousands of people will die.

And if any of you think for a second that everyone around the world will stay distanced, separated, and masked for the rest of our time on earth you live in dream worlds. I've pretty much stayed in my house for the past year and it hardly bothers me at all but a very significant portion of the world simply won't tolerate it for much longer so either deal with it or hide for the rest of your life simple as that
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 07:15 PM   #65
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I haven’t even gotten the vaccine and my mobile shows 5G is working. Magic I say!
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 08:17 PM   #66
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
People can drive 120MPH and drive drunk for that matter, we just impose heavy penalties if they are caught doing so. I'm sure we'll come up with a way to penalize these folk for their irresponsibility but exactly how is really p&r.
It's pretty sad that actually looking out for your fellow citizens is now only a topic for P&R to discuss. Seems like we are definitely in decline as a society.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 01:17 AM   #67
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Got dose 1. Next one in 21 days and already scheduled.
Old May 1, 2021, 01:43 AM   #68
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Got dose 1. Next one in 21 days and already scheduled.
It's not the Sinopharm crap, is it?
Java Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 01:57 AM   #69
KAC
It might be gays!

Pfizer.
Old May 1, 2021, 01:58 AM   #70
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

#TeamPfizer
Old May 1, 2021, 08:05 AM   #71
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Didn't sleep much last night. I got a pretty brutal headache.

About 24hrs post-shot, and I feel pretty tired. Legs feel like I just ran 10miles, like jello. Body aches for sure.

Took 660mg of Aleve and the headache went away and I feel a little better, but definitely tired. Feels like I just did a 24hr day of flying and I'm jet lagged.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 10:13 AM   #72
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Yes, AZ shot a week ago. Add it to the list, it's not scary.
Old May 1, 2021, 11:27 AM   #73
KAC
It might be gays!

Wow arm is slowly getting sore. Actually hurts wtf?
Old May 1, 2021, 12:10 PM   #74
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
First time around it was just a dull ache hours after the shot that lasted a day but something I could easily take my mind off of. The second time around the arm sore took 12 hours to hit and I woke up 2 hours early cause I had rolled onto that shoulder. Rest of the day was lethargic, at first I thought it was because I lost 2 hours of sleep but I took 2 naps that afternoon so gotta be more than that (didn't have body aches or anything, just felt tired). Pretty much felt fine in the evening.

Its worth powering through because more and more people are getting back to normal and you don't want to catch it with the finish line in sight.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 12:14 PM   #75
Jay20016

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post

About 24hrs post-shot, and I feel pretty tired. Legs feel like I just ran 10miles, like jello. Body aches for sure.

Took 660mg of Aleve and the headache went away and I feel a little better, but definitely tired. Feels like I just did a 24hr day of flying and I'm jet lagged.
Careful with Aleve and the vaccine, heard that the NSAID type pain relievers can react strange together because they're basically a suppressor for antibody creation, my doc recommended basic Tylenol / Non aspirin (accetametaphine) if it was a good deal amount of pain.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 01:40 PM   #76
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Sick. Maybe I'll become a zombie.

I'll swap to Tylenol, but I doubt I'll need anything after today.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 03:46 PM   #77
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post

I had the same -- was fine day of, then ~24hrs later it hit me -- best description was bad jet lag (tired and dumb) combined with chills, body aches and headache. Mine lasted a full day then was fine.
Old May 1, 2021, 05:59 PM   #78
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
my arm was sore for 5+ days after Astra Zeneca: version From India with Love
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 06:51 PM   #79
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The sore arm aspect is due to how its injected in the muscle FWIBT. If they inject it fast it injures the muscle tissue. I had a very good nurse who injected it slowly. Had very strong flu like reactions otherwise that showed it working but not much of a sore arm at all.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 07:20 PM   #80
Java Cool Dude
With my family

CA is 31% fully vaccinated: Tonight I'm throwing a dinner party with a couple of vaccinated families to celebrate.
Old May 1, 2021, 07:20 PM   #81
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

VA must have given me water i had nothing

second shot i didn't even wait walked right out and drove to my next job
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 07:23 PM   #82
KAC
It might be gays!

I don’t think dinos feel anything especially ones that already have charred skin.
Old May 1, 2021, 09:14 PM   #83
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

I have lost 5 colleagues/buddies in Mumbai/Hyderabad in a week
Old May 2, 2021, 01:07 AM   #84
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
Geez. I have teammates in Pune & Hydrabad who are losing parents, aunts/uncles, but I haven't yet lost anyone I know personally.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2021, 05:59 AM   #85
Dacs
Rage3D Veteran

Dacs is still being judged by the masses

I've had my 1st AZ dose a month ago and I swear I can still feel some tingling sensation on my arm

Might have been a radioactive spider who bit me
Dacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2021, 06:53 AM   #86
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
So sorry Switch Condolences to their families.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2021, 06:54 AM   #87
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacs View Post
I've had my 1st AZ dose a month ago and I swear I can still feel some tingling sensation on my arm

I WILL be jealous if you can start wall crawling
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2021, 09:35 AM   #88
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Geez. I have teammates in Pune & Hydrabad who are losing parents, aunts/uncles, but I haven't yet lost anyone I know personally.
We have also lost a colleague in India last week, he was 38. Personally, my wife’s grandfather died a couple of months ago and one of my aunts also died this week
Old May 2, 2021, 10:56 AM   #89
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
The sore arm aspect is due to how its injected in the muscle FWIBT. If they inject it fast it injures the muscle tissue. I had a very good nurse who injected it slowly. Had very strong flu like reactions otherwise that showed it working but not much of a sore arm at all.
What I read is "my gratuitous shoulder muscles almost broke the needle". Thank you pax. Compliment accepted
Old May 2, 2021, 10:58 AM   #90
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacs View Post

I know exactly what you're talking about. Thought it was just me It's spooky. I'd feel it a lot when im driving... Went away probably after 3-4 weeks.