Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 1, 2021, 04:22 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Requesting help finding an app...

I got my new rig in recently and have been updating stuff left and right, but one piece of software seems to be elusive but critical for audio.

It's the realtek audio manager software. I can't find it ANYWHERE. On the M$ store is where I used to get it, but now the download "errors" out and refuses to continue. Googling around didn't seem to find it anywhere, just links back to the M$ store.

HalP. Without this software, everything sounds muddy and poopy.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Last edited by xCLAVEx : May 1, 2021 at 04:50 PM.
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 05:06 PM   #2
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

https://www.station-drivers.com/inde...d=4868&lang=en

Make sure you uninstall the old driver and then use DDU in safemode.

Then install the latest driver. After the install finishes and restarts it should appear.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 05:10 PM   #3
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
https://www.station-drivers.com/inde...d=4868&lang=en

Make sure you uninstall the old driver and then use DDU in safemode.

Then install the latest driver. After the install finishes and restarts it should appear.
I'll give it a shot and check back. Thanks.

EDIT: This is what I am looking for (except I don't have a gigabyte);

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 1, 2021, 05:23 PM   #4
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Ok, new driver uninstalled and re-installed correctly, but I can't get the manager to show up unfortunately (can't even find it). I downloaded the actual realtek audio control app, but that brings up something very basic with no way to adjust the treble/bass, etc.

I know realtek audio is capable of it because I was able to do this with my previous mobo but finding the correct software combination seems to be a major pain in the ass.

~George Carlin
Old May 1, 2021, 05:38 PM   #5
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

welcome to the club. It worked fine on my old build, heck it worked on THIS build under Win7, but i can't get it to work as it should under Win10. I actually gave up on it at some point.

All i can say is: Good luck!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 05:43 PM   #6
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Nothing on the Mobo's website?

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 05:53 PM   #7
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Nothing on the Mobo's website?
Nothing but a generic driver (which I tried already).

~George Carlin
Old May 1, 2021, 05:59 PM   #8
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
I'll give it a shot and check back. Thanks.

EDIT: This is what I am looking for (except I don't have a gigabyte);
Uhh. What is your motherboard?
Is it the one in your sig?
Old May 1, 2021, 06:04 PM   #9
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
Uhh. What is your motherboard?
Is it the one in your sig?
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z490...x.asp#Download

No, just got new computer in but haven't updated sig yet.

~George Carlin
Old May 1, 2021, 06:22 PM   #10
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Wait, think I found something called "nahmic" and that appears to be ASROCKS audio tuning software, although weirdly it doesn't seem to be entering any of my changes in. Changing the bass and treble has no effect on audio...o_O

~George Carlin
Old May 1, 2021, 06:23 PM   #11
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z490...x.asp#Download

Found the audio driver but you are looking for the app that lets you change eq settings and such. Sorry not much help

I had to get mine right off of my motherboard website.
Old May 1, 2021, 06:25 PM   #12
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Wait, think I found something called "nahmic" and that appears to be ASROCKS audio tuning software.
Do it up.

If your computer explodes it's KAC's fault.
Old May 1, 2021, 06:40 PM   #13
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Yeah, this is the app to change the sound settings...only none of them work. So I'm still stuck with muddy ass sound.

Oh well, at least you guys helped point me in the right direction. Thanks for the help.

~George Carlin
Old May 1, 2021, 07:11 PM   #14
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

I have no idea if this is trust worthy... but it's just about all I could find.

https://www.filehorse.com/download-r...audio-manager/

Another option you might want to consider is googling for a Windows 10 sound EQ program. Probably safer than some random driver package from an unknown source

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 08:14 PM   #15
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Tried an app called BOOM 3D, works perfectly though it costs $10. Bought it since this nahimic app is borked, issue seems resolved.

+rep to those who helped (well, those I could. I need to spread rep around more).

~George Carlin
Old May 3, 2021, 07:46 AM   #16
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

good to see you got a working solution. I actually tried that app too but it gave me weird problems (muting every sound for the first 10 seconds, youtube even choked on playblack, unable to open windows setting and so on....very very strange).

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Old May 3, 2021, 10:56 AM   #17
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
good to see you got a working solution. I actually tried that app too but it gave me weird problems (muting every sound for the first 10 seconds, youtube even choked on playblack, unable to open windows setting and so on....very very strange).
Boom3d works (for me), but I had a problem with ordering and so far silence on the tech support...(sent 3 e-mails from 3 different sections on the site). Your issue sounds bizarre though.

Basically my program is in trial mode even though I purchased a license, but it says no license is associated with my e-mail when I go to activate purchase... And they did charge my account.

That said, the program does make things sound considerably better.

EDIT: Also updated system specs with new rig.

~George Carlin
Old May 3, 2021, 02:49 PM   #18
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

yeah, deinstalling fixed all the weirdness, that being said, while it was running it was actually very good, the difference in sound quality was clearly noticeable. Eventviewer was also full of hanging/crashing events. Well, whatever. If it works for you, even better, i do hope you get the registration problem solved, which funnily wasn't a problem at all here.