Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 13, 2021, 12:01 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Any reason is good to raise gas prices for the industry. Also the server used to pipe that gas is probably the same one used for rage... *cough* ... Guess that reboot yesterday went as planned...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2021, 12:12 PM   #32
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

The cyber attacks done by some groups can be very harmful but those aren't the ones I'm worried about...I'm worried about potential government organized, widespread attacks with resources magnitudes beyond what these hacker groups have
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2021, 12:29 PM   #33
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTMouse View Post
The cyber attacks done by some groups can be very harmful but those aren't the ones I'm worried about...I'm worried about potential government organized, widespread attacks with resources magnitudes beyond what these hacker groups have
this was

odd that these Russian hackers never go after Russian stuff or Russian allies stuff

these are just tests
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 13, 2021, 12:32 PM   #34
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Inside job

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2021, 12:35 PM   #35
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canesfan2020 View Post
People of NC, hear me!

**** off and get the **** out of my way! Work is way more difficult with lines of cars blocking roads and filling shopping centers.

Self shorting is a you problem.
This is the absolute worst thing I HATE about disasters. People always make it 100x worse than it should be by panicking and hoarding up all the supplies. If people weren't so god damn selfish then these issues wouldn't be so bad. If people just behaved normally and didn't hoard up everything, things would be mitigated and naturalize, but no...human nature causes people to screw everything up and exacerbate a bad situation making it even worse. We saw this during covid and I see this **** every time we get a hurricane or bad flood coming. The only reason this didn't happen during our freeze is because nobody saw the power outages coming or I guarantee they would have done the same thing.

I hate people.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2021, 01:26 PM   #36
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

You know what actually caused the shortage? Idiots believing there was a shortage and emptied all the gas stations.... Would've been fine if everyone went along normally...
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2021, 05:09 PM   #37
Canesfan2020
Radeon Sea Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
You know what actually caused the shortage? Idiots believing there was a shortage and emptied all the gas stations.... Would've been fine if everyone went along normally...
You're telling me. The city I live in is like 70+% empty. I barely found gas. 4 miles remaining.
Canesfan2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2021, 05:18 PM   #38
greyghost
people are stupid

greyghost once held a door open for a complete strangergreyghost once held a door open for a complete strangergreyghost once held a door open for a complete strangergreyghost once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Agreed. If it hadn't been in the news, people wouldn't be trying to fill rubbermaid containers and *reportedly* plastic shopping bags with gas. And, there'd still be gas at the station. It might be running low, but not out.

People are stupid.
Old May 13, 2021, 05:26 PM   #39
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

WTF... someone is gonna start a firestorm at some point...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 13, 2021, 05:45 PM   #40
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
this was

odd that these Russian hackers never go after Russian stuff or Russian allies stuff

these are just tests
I haven't seen ANY evidence this was supported by the Russian government.

And what I'm talking about is in a war situation where a government hack could potentially be massively widespread shutdown of most (if not all) of our critical infrastructure...something hundreds of times worse than this
Old May 13, 2021, 07:22 PM   #41
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTMouse View Post
I haven't seen ANY evidence this was supported by the Russian government.

And what I'm talking about is in a war situation where a government hack could potentially be massively widespread shutdown of most (if not all) of our critical infrastructure...something hundreds of times worse than this

Quote:
Former NSA hacker argues Russian government connected to Colonial Pipeline attack
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/12/form...ne-attack.html

Quote:
How the Kremlin provides a safe harbor for ransomware
https://apnews.com/article/business-...f2d93ed3102999
Old May 13, 2021, 08:53 PM   #42
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Wow they paid the ransom... guess the hack was too tough to overcome. Lesson learned take your most important **** offline if possible and keep the cyberscurity to par.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...lion-in-ransom

Quote:
Colonial Pipeline Co. paid nearly $5 million to Eastern European hackers on Friday, contradicting reports earlier this week that the company had no intention of paying an extortion fee to help restore the country’s largest fuel pipeline, according to two people familiar with the transaction.

www.realitysandwich.com

Last edited by pax : May 13, 2021 at 09:06 PM.
Old May 13, 2021, 09:24 PM   #43
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Should’ve learnt hacking in college.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2021, 05:51 AM   #44
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Should hire the guys that keep knocking down Rage3D.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old May 14, 2021, 07:25 AM   #45
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

People are stealing gas out of cars in parking lots now in NC.

Local firestation sent out a tweet urging people to not fill garbage bags with gas and transport it.

Full blow clown town around these parts now.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2021, 07:47 AM   #46
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

amazing they paid.

I read their business was infected and not operations.

And don't these guys have backups ? Train users not to open random emails etc.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2021, 08:31 AM   #47
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Karma caught up to this one in a hurry.

https://www.wbtv.com/2021/05/14/woma...-deputies-say/
Old May 14, 2021, 08:32 AM   #48
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
amazing they paid.

I read their business was infected and not operations.

And don't these guys have backups ? Train users not to open random emails etc.
I find it staggering how much companies don't spend on infrastructure and security. All companies outside of IT companies hate spending money on IT because it doesn't "bring" them anything. You always have sales people and account managers making $$$ because they make the company money but the poor IT people are just pushed into the corner
Old May 14, 2021, 10:04 AM   #49
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

When I was the CEO of the mental health agency we had redundant local and cloud back-ups of all of our financial and medical records. One cloud back-up was on the east coast, the other in Nevada. Our IT guy insisted upon it. He said the only real solution for a ransomware attack was either 1) nuke and rebuild or 2) pay the ransom.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2021, 11:05 AM   #50
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
When I was the CEO of the mental health agency we had redundant local and cloud back-ups of all of our financial and medical records. One cloud back-up was on the east coast, the other in Nevada. Our IT guy insisted upon it. He said the only real solution for a ransomware attack was either 1) nuke and rebuild or 2) pay the ransom.

And now you are on Rage3D.
Old May 14, 2021, 03:11 PM   #51
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

What the world needs is for the US to just go away. Be a better place.
Old May 14, 2021, 03:26 PM   #52
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2021, 04:47 PM   #53
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
What you never filled a cardboard box with gas before? I say let darwin claim a bunch of these idiots. World will be a better place.
Old May 14, 2021, 06:05 PM   #54
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

Subscriber

What the world needs is for the US to just go away. Be a better place.[/quote]

Disagree entirely...Dumb people everywhere and we have some Doozies in Canada
Old May 14, 2021, 07:02 PM   #55
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Looks like Russia gov really had nothing to do with it. In fact they went so far as to shut down the groups everything themselves.
https://krebsonsecurity.com/2021/05/...-stash-seized/
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2021, 12:26 PM   #56
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
Looks like Russia gov really had nothing to do with it. In fact they went so far as to shut down the groups everything themselves.
https://krebsonsecurity.com/2021/05/...-stash-seized/
or just moved them to another building and or town be back with new name in one week
Old May 15, 2021, 05:45 PM   #57
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
But then who's going to protect you from the Chinese communist government?
Old May 15, 2021, 05:56 PM   #58
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
What you never filled a cardboard box with gas before? I say let darwin claim a bunch of these idiots. World will be a better place.
A lady tried to fill gasoline in a laundry basket. https://www.instagram.com/p/CO1m8Dcj...d=8wztos6gzomw

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2021, 09:32 AM   #59
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
But then who's going to protect you from the Chinese communist government?
Russia
Old May 17, 2021, 12:07 AM   #60
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankan View Post
I find it staggering how much companies don't spend on infrastructure and security. All companies outside of IT companies hate spending money on IT because it doesn't "bring" them anything. You always have sales people and account managers making $$$ because they make the company money but the poor IT people are just pushed into the corner
o f--- don't get me started on that.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote