Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 8, 2020, 01:44 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwards

Good god people care so hard.

It's Assassin's Creed. They've all looked and felt similar for the past 13 years. We know what to expect, move on.
Old May 8, 2020, 02:53 PM   #62
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Thats not an apology.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2020, 05:52 PM   #63
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I bet this was going to be an E3 reveal with a person on stage after the trailer going "everything you just saw, was in-game". Then as this all transitioned to be an on-line only launch... got completely lost in translation at just how important that detail was.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 8, 2020, 07:45 PM   #64
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Wonder how many death threats they got.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2020, 08:05 PM   #65
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Wonder how many death threats they got.
You know this "gameplay trailer" is going to be the leading news across the globe. COVID-19 will be pushed aside and forgotten.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2020, 02:01 PM   #66
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I don't understand why Ubi offered an apology. People are in uproar over a complete non-issue. This must be a side-effect of all that free-time on hand due to COVID..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2020, 03:20 PM   #67
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I don't understand why Ubi offered an apology. People are in uproar over a complete non-issue. This must be a side-effect of all that free-time on hand due to COVID..
They didnt apologize lol.

Its an issue because they said it would be a gameplay reveal. They set the expectation of what was to be shown and they didnt meet it. Thats why people are miffed. Im disappointed no gameplay was shown because thats what I expected to see. But I honestly dont care about the whole thing. I know what the game is going to look like anyway. The same way every assassins creed has looked for the past decade and a half.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2020, 09:16 PM   #68
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

how is it an non issue when two large companies lie to your face?
Old May 11, 2020, 06:54 AM   #69
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
how is it an non issue when two large companies lie to your face?
About what? That they said it was gameplay and the trailer didn't show someone playing the game? It was engine generated footage, and we all know how Assassin's Creed games play. What do they really need to show you that you don't already know?

It was a quick look at how they plan to present the world. Maybe gameplay was the wrong term, that I agree with, but the uproar is completely ridiculous.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2020, 07:52 PM   #70
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

A 30 minute gameplay video was leaked but it was swiftly removed from the inter webs.

Did anyone of you Rage3D graveyard shift members get a glimpse?

EDIT.. here is some

Includes Battering rams, castle sieges, ability to damage enemies through shields and also break shields to name a few.

Last edited by Megaman : Jul 6, 2020 at 08:05 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 08:15 PM   #71
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete stranger

I watched about 10 mins of it before I got bored. Looked a lot like the Witcher 3, in terms of lighting/style/colors. It's low-resolution early footage from alpha testing or similar, as the gameplay looked clumsy/clunky. See if this link works for you before Ubi's lawyers get to it.

[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2020, 08:54 PM   #72
theduce
Il Duce

theduce is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
diving 10 foot off a grass roof Longhouse will be new
Bravo! Best post in entire thread.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 09:11 PM   #73
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Looks like the same Assassins creed as the last 2 with a different setting. Dont think it looks clunky at all. They have been rinse and repeating now for a while. Probably will pick it up as the last 2 I have finished and I dont finish many games. If I dont finish the next one I then determine I am done with the series. I though I would finish Doom Eternal but they changed it from Doom 2016 which I think they shouldn't have as that was the perfect mix at least for me.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2020, 07:18 AM   #74
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I watched like 5min and got bored.

I'll wait for Goty edition which is $5.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:28 AM   #75
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Looking forward to it. Origins was a lot of fun all the way through. I have yet to play Odyssey, but I've played every AC game since the first one in the span of the past couple years. It's been a fun trip, and I haven't grown tired of the gameplay. I like that they stick to what has been working, and haven't tried to redesign the wheel yet (Origins was a big redesign, but it still feels like AC to me).

Really hoping there is another Tour Mode. Those are great.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:07 AM   #76
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The Witcher Hellblade Senua edition ?
Old Jul 7, 2020, 12:49 PM   #77
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Looks good to me... /shrugs
Old Jul 7, 2020, 01:07 PM   #78
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Game seems to have potential. Will bite.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2020, 07:44 PM   #79
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Witcher with vikings + origins/odyssey sounds good to me.

One thing that annoys me is that the bird no longer tags enemies. Why change that?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2020, 08:44 AM   #80
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
One thing that annoys me is that the bird no longer tags enemies. Why change that?
Huh? Why in the world would that be eliminated?

What's the connection everyone keeps making to Witcher? What am I missing?

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:34 PM   #81
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post

What's the connection everyone keeps making to Witcher? What am I missing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
I watched about 10 mins of it before I got bored. Looked a lot like the Witcher 3, in terms of lighting/style/colors.

having never played a witcher game, they do kind of look like witcher screenshots
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:41 PM   #82
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete strangerDrexion once held a door open for a complete stranger

Boss footage fight leak

YT Mirror
Streamable Mirror - Ubi is taking these down fast.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:52 PM   #83
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

edit: nevermind got posted above while I was afk

Here's more witcher creed, before the video is removed.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 01:53 PM   #84
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yeah, looks like a worse Witcher 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2020, 04:52 PM   #85
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
Yeah, looks like a worse Witcher 3.

hopefully that is ps4 on 720p
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2020, 06:11 PM   #86
Megaman
Packing heat!

That video is in 8K

I don’t get all the negativity. Looks great!

Looks like the same successful formula from the previous titles. I can’t really see large Improvements in mechanics and visuals over the previous titles happening so this was expected.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 02:24 AM   #87
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
I can’t really see improvements in mechanics and visuals over the previous titles
Rumor has it that Ubisoft has multiple teams working on different AC titles simultaneously, which is probably why recent AC releases have been more like 'side-grades' rather than upgrades.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 04:02 AM   #88
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I didn't expect any difference from the previous AC Titles (previous one). I'll wait for cheap
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2020, 09:10 AM   #89
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
Rumor has it that Ubisoft has multiple teams working on different AC titles simultaneously, which is probably why recent AC releases have been more like 'side-grades' rather than upgrades.
Which recent AC title looked like a side grade?

They have been among the better looking games for quite some time now.

I still don't get the connection to Witcher 3. You guys have better imaginations than I do. Looks great to me. I'm starting to wonder how many people here have actually played the last several games.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jul 9, 2020, 01:59 PM   #90
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Which recent AC title looked like a side grade?
Referring to not only visuals but the entire gameplay loop. Reading comments on any gaming forums for the past couple years you would see Odyssey commonly called an "Origins reskin". And now Valhalla is being called an "Odyssey reskin".

Sure there were improvements to the graphics but I can see why people are leveraging criticisms at the direction the series is heading. Titles in the AC series are no longer assassination based games but a witcher-lite AC hybrid without the actual quality of a witcher game.