Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 27, 2022, 08:47 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Mech Merc Company - true to Mech2 clone

Loved Mechwarrior 2 to 4? This is a much better modern remake than that crap MW5.

It's of course early access, made by one guy that has funding problems and not complete. There is a fully game and campaign mode however.
Assets in menus are missing but the important data and stats are there.

I bought it and it is literally a copy of MW2 nearly all aspects but modernized.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9..._Merc_Company/
Old Jun 27, 2022, 02:09 PM   #2
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

nice, wishlisted
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:42 AM   #3
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

I mean, for the $3 sale it's on, why not? Bought it, may check it out later.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:01 AM   #4
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

yeah, for only $3, I went ahead and bought it. Sounds like what is already available is worth at least $3.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2022, 03:55 PM   #5
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Yeah since the Dev "paused development to build more funds", the game is pretty much considered abandoned. I doubt it will resume development, so the $3 is pretty much all it's worth.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
Old Jun 29, 2022, 07:29 PM   #6
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Looks neat, kinda visually quite bare though. Hope something good comes out of it.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2022, 08:33 PM   #7
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Looks neat, kinda visually quite bare though. Hope something good comes out of it.
Yeah, that was one of his main problems he explained, he needs more money to hire an artist.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 04:32 PM   #8
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I'm in for $3. Hopefully it'll come back eventually, and bring in proper VR support.

I absolutely adored MW2 back in the day, and played through ALL of the expansions. I don't think I could go back to it now though, it's just too primitive and I know it's best left in my memory.

I've been meaning to get around to reinstalling 3 & 4 though. I expect those still stand up well, and I think they've got widescreen patches nowadays too.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2022, 09:53 PM   #9
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

i have not tried it yet, but i bought it to support it. Hows the music? Is it comparable to the awesome tribal drum sound track from mw2?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 11:39 PM   #10
Android1
Super Moderator

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Very cool. I played MechWarrior 4 back in the day, but I wasn’t very good at it.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2022, 03:58 PM   #11
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
i have not tried it yet, but i bought it to support it. Hows the music? Is it comparable to the awesome tribal drum sound track from mw2?
Don't think it has any music.

~George Carlin

Old Jul 6, 2022, 10:06 PM   #12
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Don't think it has any music.
makes sense, but its a shame. i think half the majestic nostalgia for mech 2, was the music
Old Jul 6, 2022, 10:13 PM   #13
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

There is music in Instant Play and it is metal'ish rock...not exactly atmospheric.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:42 PM   #14
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
makes sense, but its a shame. i think half the majestic nostalgia for mech 2, was the music
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
There is music in Instant Play and it is metal'ish rock...not exactly atmospheric.
Mechwarrior 2 used red book audio and I still have those CD’s kicking around. Would be cool if the game could play those tracks on a loop like the original did. Loved that music.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2022, 12:30 AM   #15
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

yeah i still have the cd in my cd collection too
Old Jul 7, 2022, 02:12 PM   #16
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R700

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

Visuals remind me of Delta Force II, which had no z subpixel precision.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 02:26 PM   #17
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post
Visuals remind me of Delta Force II, which had no z subpixel precision.
Those old voxel engines were like that.

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2022, 03:45 PM   #18
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I think the game looks like some kind of fan-made MW 4 remaster, it kind of has the same art style.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2022, 05:22 PM   #19
Android1
Super Moderator

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Does this game have HOTAS support?
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2022, 06:03 PM   #20
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I think the game looks like some kind of fan-made MW 4 remaster, it kind of has the same art style.
It pretty much is.

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600