Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Dec 12, 2020, 06:36 PM   #1141
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Idle, 30-something C with spikes when one core decides to boost to 4.9ghz.

Load, 75-79c when running the realbench stress test for a couple of hours.

My all core clock seems to be 4.375ghz during tasks like running the realbench stress test for 4-ish hours, 4.4xghz during shorter tasks.

R20 score, 8655 and 629.
Quote:
Image Editing: 221159
Time: 24.0912

Encoding: 355026
Time: 15.0073

OpenCL: 471705
KSamples/sec: 86810

Heavy Multitasking: 325396
Time: 23.4544

System Score: 343321
All of this is just with PBO on and my not so great memory using their xmp [email protected], no real memory tuning.

Oh, and the voltage can be anywhere from 1.44 to 1.49x during loads, seems to depend on what it is doing.

Last edited by Mangler : Dec 12, 2020 at 06:44 PM.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2020, 08:29 PM   #1142
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Thanks. Fresh windows?
Your scores are consistently higher than mine. Are you running water cooling or AIO?

Here is my real bench:

Image Editing
Time:25.2645

Encoding
Time:14.8089

OpenCL
KSamples/sec: 77401

Heavy Multitasking
Time:24.723

System Score

Your 3090 might be helping the score. Also scored 610 in SC CR20 and 8523 in MC CR20.

Last edited by KAC : Dec 12, 2020 at 10:21 PM.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2020, 01:49 AM   #1143
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I've checked, Zen 3 runs hot, I posted an article about it somewhere in this thread which absolutely no one payed attention too, checked what others are at on idle as well, I also have way to many tray apps running but that probably only accounts for 5c if that. Its the sudden jump with the EPIC launcher after the latest BIOS is what drew my attention. It wasn't doing that on the BIOS before. Although this is the first BIOS that I noticed that has the new PBO2 in it and I notice it acting differently compared to the others. Not bothered at all by the 51c Idle based on what I have read and seen about Zen 3.
Zen 2 had a problem about the cores being too aggressive to clock up for very minor load, and it sounds to me like it is still the case for Zen 3.

Assuming that is the issue, one thing you can do is change to Power Saver power plan, which makes it so the CPU is less aggressive about clocking up, and then you can swap back to balanced when you actually need more performance. If you use Power Plan Switcher, it's easy to change when needed.

At least for me, the vast majority of time I am using my computer, I simply don't need performance (browsing the web, watching videos, office work, e-mail, etc.), so that was my solution.

Also having an Intel system, I will say that Intel does seem to offer better idle power management than AMD does, despite having poorer efficiency under load.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 15, 2020, 02:11 AM   #1144
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Intel seems to offer everything better (software, heat, power plan, voltage, auto boost algorithm etc.) than AMD except for these recent hardware wins with MC processing (3000 and 5000 series) and single core processing on 5000 series.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 02:36 AM   #1145
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Intel seems to offer everything better (software, heat, power plan, voltage, auto boost algorithm etc.) than AMD except for these recent hardware wins with MC processing (3000 and 5000 series) and single core processing on 5000 series.

Intel skylake 14++ node is old and matured.RKL looks to me the limit physically of the 14nm.They had to cut 2 cores to get better performance and still keep the tdp.Ryzen is 3 years old only even if there are a couple of generations out..They are still learning and polishing even for 5000 series.

Enjoy your rig !
Old Dec 15, 2020, 02:44 AM   #1146
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
Intel skylake 14++ node is old and matured.RKL looks to me the limit physically of the 14nm.They had to cut 2 cores to get better performance and still keep the tdp.Ryzen is 3 years old only even if there are a couple of generations out..They are still learning and polishing even for 5000 series.

Enjoy your rig !
RKL leaked benchmarks and specs today. 5.3GHz and approx 10% faster than 5950x in ashes
Old Dec 15, 2020, 02:48 AM   #1147
KAC
It might be gays!

Was great while it lasted. Not falling for these stupid benches again. Fool me twice and all that.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 02:56 AM   #1148
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Sure, you say that now...
Old Dec 15, 2020, 02:58 AM   #1149
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Sure, you say that now...
You know, you are a pain!
Old Dec 15, 2020, 09:01 AM   #1150
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
You know, you are a pain!
We know you too well bud. Next bonus you get I see a new Intel chip in your rig.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2020, 09:07 AM   #1151
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
We know you too well bud. Next bonus you get I see a new Intel chip in your rig.
Hey I survived 9000 and 10000 series so give me some credit.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 09:08 AM   #1152
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Hey I survived 9000 and 10000 series so give me some credit.
Ok, second bonus check then.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2020, 12:51 AM   #1153
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

https://twitter.com/CapFrameX/status...21701241536513

Quote:
Resizable BAR on AMD Rzen 2700X with RX 6800 graphics card.

4G Decoding + Re-Size BAR support off vs. 4G Decoding + Re-Size BAR support auto.

~14.6% difference in performance
Not bad! Now give us some 5000 luvin on x370 and lets do some SAM fun there too.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2020, 03:48 AM   #1154
KAC
It might be gays!

Will they launch a 5900XT or some such?
Old Dec 22, 2020, 12:32 PM   #1155
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Zen 3+ rumor:

https://twitter.com/davideneco25320/...36533637296129

Quote:
Van gogh death rumor come from the chinese guy zoo

And warhol 5.5 Ghz = 760+ on CPUZ
Not bad... Looks like RKL comeback wont last that long.

I just hope its still on am4.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Dec 22, 2020, 01:21 PM   #1156
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

AM4 is dead it needs to die please just let it die. They supported it for 4 years and 4 cpus generations it was a great run but let us please move on.

DDR5 + PCIe5 + USB4.0 are coming and AM4 does not have the pincount to handle the bandwidth of them.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2020, 03:31 PM   #1157
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Sounds like AM5 will be late
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2020, 09:06 PM   #1158
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
AM4 is dead it needs to die please just let it die. They supported it for 4 years and 4 cpus generations it was a great run but let us please move on.

DDR5 + PCIe5 + USB4.0 are coming and AM4 does not have the pincount to handle the bandwidth of them.
I just hope this extension might help with one cpu upgrade past ryzen 3k for my x370. But yeah the next full rig is am5 for me as well.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Dec 23, 2020, 11:14 AM   #1159
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Let the beta testing begin again ... year 2017 revisitted ...
Old Dec 23, 2020, 04:27 PM   #1160
MangaSpawn64
( o Y o )

MangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Jesus Christ ! Local shop received ONE 5600 since they launched... I ordered my comp early so I could get it before the Christmas holiday. Looks like I'm **** out of luck Salesman said he doesn't expect them to drop for a long while

First world problem !!!

It's like unicorns vomiting chocolate rainbows all over me as I float through a lollipop garden on a magic carpet.

"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes. ;-)

God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things which should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.
MangaSpawn64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2020, 07:22 PM   #1161
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

I thought the same thing. Since I already just got a new 3700X and decided to skip Zen 3 and straight to Zen 4. I want to build all the new computer with AM5, PCIE5, DDR5, and and maybe big navi 2.0.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2020, 09:41 PM   #1162
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Well at least Asrock owners of *ANY AM4* mobo will be ready once they finally get the cpu stock back up:

https://wccftech.com/asrock-amd-ryze...-motherboards/

Quote:
ASRock has released BETA BIOS support AMD Ryzen 5000 Desktop CPUs on its X370, B350 & A320 line of motherboards. The BIOS for each respective AMD 300-series chipset motherboard are now available to download over at HKEPC if you want to run your brand new Vermeer chip on an older motherboard.

AMD Ryzen 5000 Desktop CPUs Now Supported By ASRock's X370, B350 & A320 Motherboards Through BETA BIOS
According to HKEPC, ASRock has provided them BETA BIOS for a total of 16 X370, B350 and A320 motherboards. These motherboards date all the way back to 2017 when the first AMD Ryzen CPUs were launched so they are quite old but there are plenty of users who still own these boards and are running either 1st or 2nd Gen Ryzen CPUs on them. The site reports that there are no issues in terms of AMD Ryzen 5000 CPU support but full stability for the chips is not guaranteed.
Heres looking at you GB.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Dec 24, 2020, 05:19 PM   #1163
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

SuperGeil is still being judged by the masses

Folding@home

Quote:
RKL leaked benchmarks and specs today. 5.3GHz and approx 10% faster than 5950x in ashes
Beside Xe graphics which is actually exciting to learn about, it's not looking that good for Intel. It's looking like they are going to be slower in single threaded per clock and being flat out hammered in multicore. The fab advantage is over and it shows.
LG 43UD79-B
SuperGeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2020, 07:22 PM   #1164
demo
space cadet

I'm confident RKL will be the fastest gaming CPU.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 07:53 PM   #1165
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

SuperGeil is still being judged by the masses

Folding@home

Quote:
I'm confident RKL will be the fastest gaming CPU.
I would not really bet that but I like the fire
Ashes of the Singularity is already faster on Intel, so releasing 10% lead on it is not something I would be excited about

Considering it's a variant of ice lake, the mobile version of sonny cove that Rocket lake is based off of... but on 14nm instead of 10...

It just gets trashed by AMD's mobile chips
https://www.notebookcheck.net/i7-106....247596.0.html

I'm confident it's going to be the hottest chip.
LG 43UD79-B
SuperGeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2021, 11:17 AM   #1166
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

Old Jan 5, 2021, 11:20 AM   #1167
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanBlues View Post
Didn’t you get yours as well? Maybe update system specs?
Old Jan 5, 2021, 11:21 AM   #1168
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

i did, the spec is my main pc/everyday gaming, etc
VR/Gaming one is the one with the 5900x and 3080
Old Jan 5, 2021, 11:24 AM   #1169
KAC
It might be gays!

Yes I know. I meant the specs on the forums in the side bar .
Old Jan 5, 2021, 11:57 AM   #1170
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

yeah I'm still rocking that machine with rx6800, so I just kind of left it since its the one I'm on the most