Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Nov 25, 2020, 08:53 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Has anygay here got one yet?
Old Nov 25, 2020, 10:59 AM   #62
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Prices seem generally higher then the 3080 cards. All kinds in the $800 and over range. Really believe they should be selling them at lower then the 3080 by $100, who am I kidding AMD is a Corporation just like The Jacket.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 11:12 AM   #63
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

In three months, there is gonna be so much stock of everything.

Some of the cards look sweet and I can't wait to pick one up in several weeks.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 25, 2020, 11:24 AM   #64
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I never imagined anyone beating nvidia when it came to the shitshow known as the 3xxx launch, congrats AMD!

And has lyin' Frank Azor paid up yet?
This, so true.....

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 11:33 AM   #65
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The obvious was pointed out to me.
Mark PAPERmaster works at AMD.
The trolling was built into this whole thing.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 12:12 PM   #66
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
In three months, there is gonna be so much stock of everything.

Some of the cards look sweet and I can't wait to pick one up in several weeks.

Yeah, that's what I would wait in a few months. Never would buy one within launch day.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 12:34 PM   #67
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

One story is that there is a major shipping issue. Ships not offloading. So maybe not a production issue of the gpus. Another story is that Nvidia is sending gpus directly to miners to keep prices high as they have caught up production.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 12:43 PM   #68
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
One story is that there is a major shipping issue. Ships not offloading. So maybe not a production issue of the gpus. Another story is that Nvidia is sending gpus directly to miners to keep prices high as they have caught up production.
well this isn't going to help anyone

bitcoin price 19,110.20 United States Dollar

https://www.coindesk.com/price/bitcoin

more so NV as the 6800 XT isn't much better mining than the 5700
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 12:53 PM   #69
Cream
Radeon R700

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

So, did any go on sale in the U.K.? weirdest launch ever...
16GB Corsair DDR4 ,1TB 970 EVO plus / 1TB SSD 860 evo / 2TB SSD 870 QVO / 2X 1TB SSD 870 QVO, 2TB hybrid drive storage drive,
Zowie FK1, Oculus CV1 & Quest 2, Logitech G920, black widow Ultimate, Xbox one pad. Saitec X-55 H.O.T.A.S.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 12:53 PM   #70
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
I've heard that Jensen and Lisa Su have pet Unicorns. Are you going to believe that one too
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 01:09 PM   #71
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
I've heard that Jensen and Lisa Su have pet Unicorns. Are you going to believe that one too
This^^, What a bunch of nonsense.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 01:11 PM   #72
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
This^^, What a bunch of nonsense.
Pax is like the gaming QAnon....

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 01:18 PM   #73
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Pax is like the gaming QAnon....
Actually I heard Frank Azor was in in charge of shipping the GPU's and he sent them via the Bermuda triangle. Oh no they haven't been seen since I'll behave now.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Nov 25, 2020, 01:20 PM   #74
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
you ever worked on a ship
all international shipping is bad now

Quote:
Members of one crew had to shave their heads after running out of shampoo because no one could go ashore for provisions, according to the survey. Another ship’s captain had to pull the tooth of a seafarer who could not go ashore to see a dentist, a shipping company executive said.
Quote:
Mr. Platten, of the International Chamber of Shipping, said that if the crisis continued, vessels would inevitably stop sailing. “It’s not going to be suddenly, tomorrow, that they’re all going to stop,” he said. “It’ll be a gradual creeping up on this, and that’s a real worry for the global supply chain.”

Some ships have already been idled, at least temporarily, because seafarers refused to keep working. Under international maritime law, an undermanned ship cannot sail.

sounds like a barrel of laughs

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/09/b...rgo-ships.html
Old Nov 25, 2020, 01:27 PM   #75
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
So, did any go on sale in the U.K.? weirdest launch ever...
Back on topic. No there were no cards on sale in the UK. This from Scan UK;

"For the custom cooler cards launching at 2pm we have received no stock so we will not be offering any of these for sale or pre-order today. For now we have removed them from the website until we have more information. We are sorry for the inconvenience to those who would like to pre-order. As soon as we get confirmed shipping and stock on shelf information we will share it on this page and list the available models on the website."

And this from Gibbo over at Overclockers UK https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forum...info.18908580/ Arguably these are the two biggest retails in the UK.

I rang CCL Online and they said they couldn't understand why AMD were calling it a launch as no one in the UK has stock. All they had received was listings for the cards which they published but zero stock.

This is how it looked in europe https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/du...into-2021.html Also lots of reports of no stock in Denmark, Spain, the Netherlands and Portugal.

Haven't seen a response from AMD yet?
Old Nov 25, 2020, 01:28 PM   #76
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Looks like Europe got a handful of cards.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 01:35 PM   #77
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
you ever worked on a ship
all international shipping is bad now

sounds like a barrel of laughs

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/09/b...rgo-ships.html
Are all the planes grounded in the USA & Asia? If they knew the above and shipped them anyway that actually makes the whole situation worse Looking at some of the prices that went up you'd think they'd hand deliver them by Lear Jet.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 01:45 PM   #78
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

So the score at half time is consoles 3 million - AMD Zen 3 & 6800 Nil. Can the plucky underdog come back in the second half? It looks a tall order.

I know I said I'd behave but this situation is just pure gold dust. I didn't actually bother looking today not because I thought it would be this bad just F5 fatigue I guess. Can only take so much disappointment
Old Nov 25, 2020, 02:04 PM   #79
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Are all the planes grounded in the USA & Asia? If they knew the above and shipped them anyway that actually makes the whole situation worse Looking at some of the prices that went up you'd think they'd hand deliver them by Lear Jet.
mass cargo does not go by plane .

one card shipped to a end customer sure

100's of cards not likely and would cost a ton more
Old Nov 25, 2020, 02:17 PM   #80
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
mass cargo does not go by plane .

one card shipped to a end customer sure

100's of cards not likely and would cost a ton more
Bill hardly any planes are carrying passengers due to the pandemic. Accept it's going to be dearer but what's the alternative. Today, really. This has made AMD and Frank Azor especially the laughing stock of the graphics world. A reference launch with a few hundred cards is bad but an AIB launch with none, zero, nada. How low can they go?

Here's a quote from Jay2C..

"There was a lot of expectation from folks saying AMD stock would be great once AIB stock launches. Retailer after retailer is now saying they got ZERO inventory for tomorrow embargo drop on custom cards. This is so much worse than expected. @AMD this was 100% botched. Even AMD fanboys have to admit, this was so much worse than NVIDIA launch in every single way. We needed AMD to deliver and unfortunately they showed us how a bad launch can get even worse."

Like him or not he speaks the truth. It's difficult to defend the indefensible.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 02:26 PM   #81
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Wow a lot of people have their head in the sand about shipping issues and want to blame companies for it. Nearly every major retailer has been issuing warnings about long shipping delays for the last month or more, outside of the computer hardware scene. So why does anyone believe that it wouldn't effect computer hardware? Waiting to ship their products would only make matters worse, because they would be farther behind and delayed even worse.

You can't blame AMD, Nvidia, or any of them if they shipped out a Million cards and they are sitting on a dock somewhere, or even on a ship waiting to dock but have to quarantine for X days due to COVID.

LordHawk, just because planes are not carrying passengers doesn't remove the cost factor of air shipping vs shipping via water or rail.

Edit: Also, unlike when Nvidia launched the RTX 3000 series in September, AMD is dealing with Holiday shipping as November kicked off the Holiday shopping rush, which in itself during perfect conditions causes shipping problems around the world.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Nov 25, 2020 at 02:31 PM.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 02:27 PM   #82
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Bill hardly any planes are carrying passengers due to the pandemic. Accept it's going to be dearer but what's the alternative. Today, really. This has made AMD and Frank Azor especially the laughing stock of the graphics world. A reference launch with a few hundred cards is bad but an AIB launch with none, zero, nada. How low can they go?

Here's a quote from Jay2C..

"There was a lot of expectation from folks saying AMD stock would be great once AIB stock launches. Retailer after retailer is now saying they got ZERO inventory for tomorrow embargo drop on custom cards. This is so much worse than expected. @AMD this was 100% botched. Even AMD fanboys have to admit, this was so much worse than NVIDIA launch in every single way. We needed AMD to deliver and unfortunately they showed us how a bad launch can get even worse."

Like him or not he speaks the truth. It's difficult to defend the indefensible.
so they still are not going to put mass cargo on planes

NV isn't doing any better but it is all AMD's fault
Old Nov 25, 2020, 02:27 PM   #83
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Come on though, Europe got like <20 cards, if that is all that you can muster, you delay the launch.

People already know how the cards perform, there was no need to do this pretend-launch of AIB cards.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 02:38 PM   #84
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

I don't think their ever was a launch of a new ATi / AMD card that someone didn't get one here.

Pandemic is a bitch.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 03:00 PM   #85
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It's in Amd's self interest to get as many 6800 derivatives out as possible in customers' hands. They're probably feverishly working as hard as possible to do this. The pandemic and the insatiable demand for innovative tech is challenging.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 03:06 PM   #86
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Hardware Unboxed made a pretty good point during a recent video. This happens with every GPU launch on both sides. Where regular availability tends to be around the 2 month mark. Now you factor in the covid pandemic and manufacturing limits for this year and this all should have really been expected.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 03:33 PM   #87
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
Wow a lot of people have their head in the sand about shipping issues and want to blame companies for it. Nearly every major retailer has been issuing warnings about long shipping delays for the last month or more, outside of the computer hardware scene. So why does anyone believe that it wouldn't effect computer hardware? Waiting to ship their products would only make matters worse, because they would be farther behind and delayed even worse.

You can't blame AMD, Nvidia, or any of them if they shipped out a Million cards and they are sitting on a dock somewhere, or even on a ship waiting to dock but have to quarantine for X days due to COVID.

LordHawk, just because planes are not carrying passengers doesn't remove the cost factor of air shipping vs shipping via water or rail.

Edit: Also, unlike when Nvidia launched the RTX 3000 series in September, AMD is dealing with Holiday shipping as November kicked off the Holiday shopping rush, which in itself during perfect conditions causes shipping problems around the world.
So how did 3 million consoles make it into customers hands..fairy dust maybe. Let's call it as it is. They.Have.No.Cards.to.Sell. Look at Scan and Overclockers in UK and a lot of European sites they are either de-listing the 6800's or just leaving them onsite with no information. Same goes for many sites in USA and Canada. There must be a lot of docks where these millions of cards are stuck And obviously only those ships with AMD cards onboard have been affected is that right? The sites are also saying they have no shipping DATES not delivery dates ergo they've not even put them on a ship yet.

Look why can't people just accept this is the most botched launch ever and stop trying to defend the indefensible. AMD need to come out and admit they botched it badly and apologise and try to rectify the situation as fast as they can. Sorted but if they keep on lying well that's their problem. At the end of the day the truth is they didn't have the capacity to supply all the consoles and also their own Zen 3 and 6800 GPU within the launch window they gave themselves. That's inexcusable incompetence for a major company IMHO.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 03:39 PM   #88
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wow! George R. R. Martin even had something to say about the AMD cards: "it's coming! It's coming!"
Old Nov 25, 2020, 03:43 PM   #89
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
Look why can't people just accept this is the most botched launch ever and stop trying to defend the indefensible. AMD need to come out and admit they botched it badly and apologise and try to rectify the situation as fast as they can. Sorted but if they keep on lying well that's their problem. At the end of the day the truth is they didn't have the capacity to supply all the consoles and also their own Zen 3 and 6800 GPU within the launch window they gave themselves. That's inexcusable incompetence for a major company IMHO.
Because it's not. We have had worse launches than this and given everything else happening... it also should not be surprising.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2020, 03:52 PM   #90
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

hell less than a month after i bought my 1080 ti Strix they jumped from 779 to 1600 bucks and you couldn't buy a NV or AMD card for near a year at normal price but for lots of luck because of mining

and mining is back now it looks like