Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Dec 1, 2020, 04:46 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

OK I accept that a lot of AMD 6800's will be reserved for the USA. Out of curiosity I rang a retailer where I bought my Sapphire 5700XT Pulse and they said not expecting AIB cards until mid to late January even though they have listed the cards and are an AMD reseller.

So I asked about 3080 and they said small shipment online to buy tomorrow but 100+ MSI 3080 Suprim cards just arrived and going up Friday or Monday next week. That particular model was only announced inside the last 7 days but stock already available. TBH will be £800+ so make your choice but at least they'll be available.

Gibbo at Overclockers has said he's finally received the last of the 6800 MBA cards (no XT's) and he'll put them on the site soon. Maybe 20 or less so won't last long. Can't see any 6900XT availability next week unless you can buy direct from AMD. It is what it is and we are where we are. Move on. Sorry they're not stuck in containers they're still to be fabbed so non existant intermittently.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2020, 04:51 PM   #212
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Bot tried to get through checkout today for the XFX MERC and was unable. Had it running on two clients and while both clients are cycling through three models which slows it down they both tried to make it through amazon checkout and failed. Some other bot, somewhere else, got in before I could.

Back to the drawing board lol

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2020, 05:11 PM   #213
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

yeah amazon is not going to be the way to get cards there are too many bots running on amazon and newegg at this point to make either useful

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 1, 2020, 05:11 PM   #214
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Out of curiosity I rang a retailer where I bought my Sapphire 5700XT Pulse and they said not expecting AIB cards until mid to late January even though they have listed the cards and are an AMD reseller.

So I asked about 3080 and they said small shipment online to buy tomorrow but 100+ MSI 3080 Suprim cards just arrived and going up Friday or Monday next week. That particular model was only announced inside the last 7 days but stock already available. TBH will be £800+ so make your choice but at least they'll be available.
So you pulling the trigger this time?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2020, 05:24 PM   #215
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

SuperGeil is still being judged by the masses

Folding@home

The argument that cypto mining is causing any shortfall is losing ground with this article...

And while bots and cryptominers are easy targets for frustrated consumers who cannot find a new GPU, Jon Peddie thinks it has more to do with people creating demand naturally.

https://venturebeat.com/2020/12/01/n...-scoop-up-pcs/
LG 43UD79-B
SuperGeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2020, 05:37 PM   #216
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGeil View Post
The argument that cypto mining is causing any shortfall is losing ground with this article...

And while bots and cryptominers are easy targets for frustrated consumers who cannot find a new GPU, Jon Peddie thinks it has more to do with people creating demand naturally.

https://venturebeat.com/2020/12/01/n...-scoop-up-pcs/

It's all AMD's fault

it is even AMD's fault that there are no Nvidia 3000 cards to buy anywhere and that Intel doesn't even have a video card to sell yet

well Intel maybe they did give them raja
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2020, 07:24 PM   #217
Riptide

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

There are more people using bots now than there were before, but many of those users are people like me. Who are looking to get a single card, or one for myself and one for a friend. But not to turn around and scalp them.

Nobody really knows how many people that buy these things did so by adding to cart manually or using a bot. Or what their purposes is for the device once they have it. It's all speculation.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old Dec 1, 2020, 07:38 PM   #218
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

well sooner or latter there will be a big drop from AMD and NV and all the bots will go tilt and max out lots of credit cards

and at newegg GPU's are non-refundable

i do hope a lot of scalpers get burned in the end
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2020, 07:22 AM   #219
Riptide

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-rade...82E16814932373

So newegg is now also charging $799 for the gigabyte reference card, same as amazon. This was listed at a much lower price when I last checked it about a week ago.

No idea why the gigabyte reference card is somehow so much more expensive than the others which are still listed closer to the msrp.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old Dec 2, 2020, 08:58 AM   #220
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I think it is weird that I see many Newegg ads on Youtube for Radeon RX 6800 XT. None of the ones I clicked have stock. Why is Newegg wasting money on these ads?
Old Dec 2, 2020, 10:18 AM   #221
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Newegg and amazon gouge when supply cant meet demand and let other retailers on their site charge whatever they like.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:30 AM   #222
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Went to Microcenter and saw behind the customer service counter zero RX 6XXX cards and roughly 100 RTX cards, mostly 3080s. I asked the manager on the floor if they were available for purchase (there was only one person in line) and they were reserved for people who had lined up at the store that morning who got queue number reservations. Essentially they were sold out before the doors opened, and people were waiting in the parking lot for texts when their number is next.

I asked about the new Radeon cards and he just shrugged and wouldn't give any details about deliveries, past or future.

The only AMD card in the whole store was a single PowerColor 5700XT LC.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2020, 03:28 PM   #223
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
So you pulling the trigger this time?
Too*******ingright. Bring it on
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Dec 2, 2020, 03:34 PM   #224
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGRUNT View Post
I think it is weird that I see many Newegg ads on Youtube for Radeon RX 6800 XT. None of the ones I clicked have stock. Why is Newegg wasting money on these ads?
Because they're paid for by AMD who are desperately trying to convince people they have cards available when there is actually no stock at all. Sad.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 03:45 PM   #225
Falck
Radeon R520

Falck is still being judged by the masses

Default BENCHES!

Did som quick benches.

No, LordHawkwind, don't have BFV, sorry dude.

For shits 'n giggles:

Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2020, 03:53 PM   #226
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:

yoz
Old Dec 2, 2020, 04:02 PM   #227
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falck View Post
Did som quick benches.
Falck would you mind benching Unigine @ 1440p plz?

Also, please post this in this thread so it does not get lost here:

http://209.147.121.98/board/showthread.php?t=34051530

TY!

yoz
Old Dec 3, 2020, 12:40 AM   #228
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

So .... maybe Santa Claus comming from UK this year with a gift 5700xt from the bottom of the heart ?
Old Dec 3, 2020, 03:44 PM   #229
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
So .... maybe Santa Claus comming from UK this year with a gift 5700xt from the bottom of the heart ?
Sorry badsykes it's going in the sons rig. Regarding getting a card before Xmas I think I stand more chance of winning the UK lottery.. and I don't even enter
Old Dec 3, 2020, 07:19 PM   #230
Riptide

And two NE drops today for the 6800xt, gone as usual in seconds to minutes, while I'm stuck on my work computer FFS.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old Dec 3, 2020, 07:47 PM   #231
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

the problem with newegg is they dont give an F about bots. And they have an API for making purchases plus the api updates inventory status before it gets posted publicly. So basically newegg is a good luck but doubtful source

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2020, 02:45 AM   #232
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Sorry badsykes it's going in the sons rig. Regarding getting a card before Xmas I think I stand more chance of winning the UK lottery.. and I don't even enter

Or maybe i will end up with an 6800xt without wanting it ....
Old Dec 4, 2020, 03:17 PM   #233
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
And two NE drops today for the 6800xt, gone as usual in seconds to minutes, while I'm stuck on my work computer FFS.
Didn't see any AMD cards but four 3080 cards came up and I was on the site before the notification came and the bots still beat me. TBH I'm done with this crap as I really don't need a new GPU. Turned all alerts off I'm chilling. If it happens great if not am I'm not bothered really. Both Nvidia and AMD can f88K off if I'm being honest.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 05:48 PM   #234
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Didn't see any AMD cards but four 3080 cards came up and I was on the site before the notification came and the bots still beat me. TBH I'm done with this crap as I really don't need a new GPU. Turned all alerts off I'm chilling. If it happens great if not am I'm not bothered really. Both Nvidia and AMD can f88K off if I'm being honest.
You've had multiple cards in your cart that you've decided not to buy .. how is this anyone's fault but your own man
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2020, 06:23 PM   #235
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
You've had multiple cards in your cart that you've decided not to buy .. how is this anyone's fault but your own man
I have to agree with Nunz here, you've had many opportunities and you have let them pass.

yoz
Old Dec 5, 2020, 10:34 AM   #236
EYE4LYFE
Radeon R600

EYE4LYFE can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEYE4LYFE can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Stock coming soon...

Radeon™ RX 6900 XT 16G (GV-R69XT-16GC-B)

FEATURES