Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Nov 19, 2020, 11:49 AM   #691
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTMouse View Post
stufft
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
stuff

Why we mad bros? I dont have a PS5 yet and barely a PC so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
UPS is the fking biggest POS delivery service I’ve ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Twice they’ve said they’ve tried to deliver to my house. I’m home all day, so I immediately call BS. Tried their customer service, because it says signature required - for some god forsaken reason they said it can’t be held at an access point (aka UPS store). So my only options are to have it held at will call at the depot (over an hour drive away) or pray they actually try to deliver tomorrow.

FK YOU UPS. How can I leave a complaint? I’m seriously fuming here.

UPS here is going to doors and just asking for the name on the box if signature is required. When they dropped off my iPhone with signature required thats what happened.

If you have MyUPS you can tell them to drop it off at the door. But thats only if you had it already because when you sign up to myUPS they send you a card in the mail to verify your address so it wouldnt do you any good in signing up now.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2020, 01:29 PM   #692
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post

UPS here is going to doors and just asking for the name on the box if signature is required. When they dropped off my iPhone with signature required thats what happened.

If you have MyUPS you can tell them to drop it off at the door. But thats only if you had it already because when you sign up to myUPS they send you a card in the mail to verify your address so it wouldnt do you any good in signing up now.
Yeah. If they would have come to my door I would have heard them. They say they’ve tried twice but I looked at the times and I’ve been home - in the front room - both times. My dogs would have also gone apesh*t if someone comes to the front door. Address on the package is correct, so something is f**key.

Couldn’t make it to the depot last night (been sick). Got another attempted delivery notification now and then a follow up saying it’s going to an access point. God I hate UPS.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2020, 03:30 PM   #693
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

I had both systems in my cart at walmart and couldn't reel them in

and I don't want either of them currently...I'm just pissed I can't get a 3080

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 19, 2020, 04:09 PM   #694
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:

Not mad just defending a position from the never ending PC master race comments we often get I personally believe that PC gaming is a massive waste of time, money, and resources which is why I left it behind over 12 years ago...but I also don't go into the PC gaming forum and tell them that otherwise I'd have to take cover

Different strokes for different folks
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2020, 04:13 PM   #695
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I doubt this would affect most people but it appears the included HDMI cable with the PS5 is NOT HDMI 2.1 capable which would be indicated by the fact it has no reference to being an "Ultra High Speed" cable. I know the one with the Series X certainly is full HDMI 2.1

I can't remember all the various specs that HDMI 2.0 doesn't support when it comes to 4k120 like the various chroma levels and bit depths

Old Nov 19, 2020, 05:28 PM   #696
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Really? That’s sh*tty.

I know the Xbox cable is (internal checks for my set all come back green), but I thought I read that the one included with the ps5 was as well.

If I have to go buy a 2.1 cable that’s just another negative in the PS5 column.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old Nov 19, 2020, 05:48 PM   #697
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:

I dont recall that with the sign up process but I have had my UPS account for quite a while
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2020, 05:49 PM   #698
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTMouse View Post
I doubt this would affect most people but it appears the included HDMI cable with the PS5 is NOT HDMI 2.1 capable which would be indicated by the fact it has no reference to being an "Ultra High Speed" cable. I know the one with the Series X certainly is full HDMI 2.1

I can't remember all the various specs that HDMI 2.0 doesn't support when it comes to 4k120 like the various chroma levels and bit depths

Sony is hitting on all cylinders, NOT! The TV I bought from them doesn't do proper 2.1 4k 120hz or VRR yet, and the PS5 doesn't have VRR yet and it comes with a 2.0 cable!
Old Nov 19, 2020, 06:26 PM   #699
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post

Taking so long to just load up Spider Man.
Nice George Forman Grill you got there. Cook me up a burger!
Old Nov 20, 2020, 08:59 AM   #700
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

I bought FF7 Remake, KH3, and God of War. Amazon has a buy 3 for the price of 2 deal going on alot of PS4 games.

Do I need to play the other God of Wars before the 4th one? Or can I just pick up #4 and play?
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2020, 09:06 AM   #701
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

You can skip them.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2020, 10:35 AM   #702
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I am liking the new Spider-Man a lot. My 6 year old is already 36% done and I finally got PS5 away from his grubby hands to play. Hit level 4 I think. Game like dope.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2020, 02:55 PM   #703
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Do I need to play the other God of Wars before the 4th one? Or can I just pick up #4 and play?
the first 3 have almost nothing to do with last one (yes, i played all of them, more than just once), so yeah, you can "skip" them. That being said, i'm a big fan of the first 3, so personally i wouldn't skip them The last one is very different though. They also toned down the brutality a LOT in the last one, something you can like or not.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2020, 03:16 PM   #704
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

If you want another question mark with Sony, PS5 HDMI 2.1 Bandwidth is Currently Capped at 32Gbps (vs Xbox Series X 40Gbps).
Old Nov 20, 2020, 03:30 PM   #705
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

So it's not an hdmi 2.1 console?
Old Nov 20, 2020, 04:17 PM   #706
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
So it's not an hdmi 2.1 console?
It is but for some reason Sony has capped the bandwidth. Which is really only for 4k120hz and full HDR bandwidth.

Odd decision anyway.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 04:23 PM   #707
Mangler
PC

Isn't that a pretty big part of the 2.1 spec though?

Many of the other features can be made to work with 2.0a as shown by the xbox x.

But it doesn't really matter since 4k120 isn't going to be a thing.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 04:45 PM   #708
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Isn't that a pretty big part of the 2.1 spec though?

Many of the other features can be made to work with 2.0a as shown by the xbox x.

But it doesn't really matter since 4k120 isn't going to be a thing.
I think it would prevent running 4k120 at 10bit 4:4:4 but I doubt that will affect most people. We do have and will have some 4k120 games but not a big amount and most people don't own fully HDMI 2.1 TVs or AVRs

From some videos I've seen (I'm taking their word for it) the cable that's included isn't a proper HDMI 2.1 spec anyway...it fails some tests at full bandwidth and the serial number on the cable is supposedly the same as the 2.0 cable that comes with the PS4 (Pro?)...I don't have any PlayStations other than the original so I can't confirm
Old Nov 20, 2020, 06:58 PM   #709
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Sony is making alot of odd decisions with their tech this year.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 12:33 AM   #710
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I am almost regretting this purchase. I know there will be a new PS5 out in less than two years. If it weren’t for my kid and Spider-Man game I definitely wouldn’t have picked up a PS5 at launch or even about 6-8 months out when pricing would’ve made sense.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 03:12 AM   #711
KAC
It might be gays!

lol my 6 year son finished Spider Man in 3 days.
I asked him if I can sell the PS5 but he started crying.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 01:23 PM   #712
Cyko
Your New Lord

Picked up the 2nd PS5 from UPS yesterday. Delivering it to my buddy this afternoon along with a 75” Samsung tv.

Merry Christmas mfker

Alpha

Omega

Old Nov 21, 2020, 03:42 PM   #713
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

You bought your Neighbour a tv and PS5? Good for you and him/her.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2020, 09:58 PM   #714
KAC
It might be gays!

He must give him da butt.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 08:32 AM   #715
Cyko
Your New Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
You bought your Neighbour a tv and PS5? Good for you and him/her.
He used to work as one of the analysts in my department. Good guy, we’re friends since I left that place. His health has gone to sh*t lately from all the stress, restructuring, making less money, not being able to afford gifts for the holidays, etc etc etc.

Saw the opportunity to do something cool for him & his kids (who have apparently nicknamed me “Iron Man”) and took it. Dude is still in shock

I love that surprised “WTF” is happening look. Same one KACs mum gives me every Thursday

Alpha

Omega

Old Nov 22, 2020, 08:43 AM   #716
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
He used to work as one of the analysts in my department. Good guy, we’re friends since I left that place. His health has gone to sh*t lately from all the stress, restructuring, making less money, not being able to afford gifts for the holidays, etc etc etc.

Saw the opportunity to do something cool for him & his kids (who have apparently nicknamed me “Iron Man”) and took it. Dude is still in shock

I love that surprised “WTF” is happening look.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 02:42 PM   #717
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Same one KACs mum gives me every Thursday
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2020, 07:30 AM   #718
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Some real thermal testing by GN

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2020, 11:39 AM   #719
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post

Looks like the bottom memory gets very hot (approaching 100C) when the console is running with a room temp that's fairly low (22-23C)..I'd imagine that could be a problem for people that will be using the system in warmer environments or with fairly poor ventilation.

What I'd be interested in seeing is how hot the NVMe expansion area will get...I can't tell if that area is ventilated at all or very well
Old Nov 23, 2020, 04:37 PM   #720
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if the refresh incorporated the side panel mods he mentions. That should be a "why didn't we?..." moment for Sony's engineers, unless it was purposely left out to keep costs low as possible. Although vents and mesh filters probably wouldn't have added much to it.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote