Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Apr 28, 2021, 07:46 AM   #1261
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

They're not going to release a refresh with major changes. It'll be the same useless release that the 3000 "XT" series was; the one where they claimed major clock speed increases and that turned out to be false.

AMD has no reason to releaae Warhol (which is why they canned it), and they don't really need a refresh either. They can easily just focus on AM5 and ride out their current line-up. AMD would be stupid to drop down to 8-core and try to challenge Intel where they are superior. AMD's largest advantage is the core count, they would be making a mistake to throw that away.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2021, 11:01 AM   #1262
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

They might refresh the IO die dropping a node from 12nm to 7nm with more cache but theres no way they will drop the core counts. They've been talking about doing it for some time after apple leaves a lot more 7nm capacity to amd when they goto 5nm. They could also up the euv 7nm on the current cpus for better clocks which probably largely matched what warhol would do on 6nm.

AM5 was maybe 6-8 months after Warhol so made little sense to do it.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2021, 01:55 PM   #1263
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

I think its more likely AMD saw rocket lake performance and the fab line shortage that they already have and said yeah we are good lets just focus on Zen 4 + AM5.

Also AMD still hasn't done zen3 based threadripper yet.

As for IO die I dont see it happening before AM5 but I do agree once AMD steps down on the CPU node it will bring the IO die to 7nm. I am really hoping we start seeing a push to give 4+ USB-C ports on mobos start taking away some of the 10+ USB-A ports we see.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 28, 2021, 05:16 PM   #1264
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
I think its more likely AMD saw rocket lake performance and the fab line shortage that they already have and said yeah we are good lets just focus on Zen 4 + AM5.

Also AMD still hasn't done zen3 based threadripper yet.

As for IO die I dont see it happening before AM5 but I do agree once AMD steps down on the CPU node it will bring the IO die to 7nm. I am really hoping we start seeing a push to give 4+ USB-C ports on mobos start taking away some of the 10+ USB-A ports we see.

me to

can't buy a 5900 or 5950 at MSRP so i will wait for Zen 4 + AM5 and get a much bigger upgrade for about the same money
and my 3800x is doing good with a 2080 ti
and i just don't have the time or patience to get a GPU or CPU in this market, i could pay Ebay prices on both but as a rule i won't go more than 5% over MSRP

and being 5nm they won't have to compete with PS5 and Xbox X for chips
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 01:16 PM   #1265
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

me to

can't buy a 5900 or 5950 at MSRP so i will wait for Zen 4 + AM5 and get a much bigger upgrade for about the same money
and my 3800x is doing good with a 2080 ti
and i just don't have the time or patience to get a GPU or CPU in this market, i could pay Ebay prices on both but as a rule i won't go more than 5% over MSRP

and being 5nm they won't have to compete with PS5 and Xbox X for chips
You got a long wait there Billy! And that's if it releases on schedule!

Release Date: mid/late 2022
"In Design" as of Nov 2018
"On Track" for 2021 launch as of Dec 9, 2019, possibly not true anymore
5 nm TSMC process
DDR5 memory support
Improves IPC by up to 29%
Server platform codenamed "Genoa", 320 W TDP, up to 400 W
Server socket: SP5, 6096-pin LGA
PCI-Express Gen 5
More cores per chiplet
Support for AVX512 instructions, also BFloat16 and "other ISA extensions."
Uses 3rd generation Infinity Fabric, which adds cache-coherent unified memory
Desktop changes socket to AM5
Uses Socket SP5 for EPYC
Nov 2020 statement from AMD: "Zen 4 is going to have a similar long list of things, where you look at everything from the caches, to the branch prediction, [to] the number of gates in the execution pipeline. Everything is scrutinized to squeeze more performance out."
Adds support for USB 4.0
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 07:30 PM   #1266
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
You got a long wait there Billy! And that's if it releases on schedule!

Release Date: mid/late 2022
"In Design" as of Nov 2018
"On Track" for 2021 launch as of Dec 9, 2019, possibly not true anymore
5 nm TSMC process
DDR5 memory support
Improves IPC by up to 29%
Server platform codenamed "Genoa", 320 W TDP, up to 400 W
Server socket: SP5, 6096-pin LGA
PCI-Express Gen 5
More cores per chiplet
Support for AVX512 instructions, also BFloat16 and "other ISA extensions."
Uses 3rd generation Infinity Fabric, which adds cache-coherent unified memory
Desktop changes socket to AM5
Uses Socket SP5 for EPYC
Nov 2020 statement from AMD: "Zen 4 is going to have a similar long list of things, where you look at everything from the caches, to the branch prediction, [to] the number of gates in the execution pipeline. Everything is scrutinized to squeeze more performance out."
Adds support for USB 4.0

one it isn't that big of deal going from a 3800x to the 5900x i wanted at 4k

and so that is only a year i have been waiting a year and a half to go to a movie theater
Old Apr 29, 2021, 09:08 PM   #1267
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Oh Billy! Looks like your the new.......
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:01 PM   #1268
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Oh Billy! Looks like your the new.......
sure shadow002

Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:53 PM   #1269
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

What is the major advantage of bringing the IO die to 7 nm? As far as I can tell most of the memory speed issues Ryzen 3000/5000 have is related to the cores or IF not being able to do it, the IO die will work fine at really high memory speeds in asynchronous mode. It seems like going to 7nm might result in a small amount of power savings, but the IO die doesn't really pull that much now when it is idle.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:55 PM   #1270
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Ive not seen a breakdown as to what there actually is on the IO die but what if it had a layer of cache? Moreso on 7nm than 12 nm?

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 1, 2021, 01:28 AM   #1271
pax
Rage3D Spammer

https://wccftech.com/amd-warns-mothe...t-on-am4-x370/

Quote:
The issue isn't that motherboard makers don't want to release the BIOS, in fact, they have been trying hard to release BETA BIOS support for all boards but AMD is actively preventing them from releasing support on older X370 motherboards.

Following is the email posted by a forum member over at Hardwareluxx:

Hi Jörg,

Unfortunately, we received AMD's warning that X370 shouldn't support Vermeer CPU.
Obviously, some customer didn't operate it under table, AMD noticed it and said ASRock shouldn't do this anymore.

The attached file is BIOS and it is the last BIOS which I can provide for you in this case, please pass it to user under table.

Thanks,
Damnit...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 1, 2021, 01:57 AM   #1272
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Quote:
AMD originally stated that the AM4 socket will be supported until 2020 and considering that Zen 3 based Ryzen 5000 CPUs are a 2020 release, they should also fall in the same category but it looks like AMD has stopped motherboard makers from doing so.

and it was

until 2020 not thru 2020
that stopped January 1st 2020
Old May 1, 2021, 02:14 AM   #1273
Nagorak

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
and it was

until 2020 not thru 2020
I don't feel like what they promised is really the issue. If the boards are physically capable of supporting the CPU, which they are, then it's a crappy move to not allow the motherboard makers to support them.

I also think it does hurt their sales since the barrier to upgrading is higher. Granted, right now it doesn't matter since they're selling as many CPUs as they can make, but in general it provides a competitive advantage if you can upgrade without getting a new board.
Old May 1, 2021, 11:16 AM   #1274
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Well .. thanks for posting this.
At least it's clear now that this road with X370 / B350 is closed for upgrading to 5000 series.
Old May 1, 2021, 11:41 AM   #1275
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
and it was

until 2020 not thru 2020
As a casual gamer I can justify upgrading from a 1700x to a 5800x if its cpu alone which boggles my mind here. AMD would gain sales. It probably doesnt gain much selling mobo components. Telling us suporting till end of 2019 or 3 generations would have been more honest than saying 2020.

But not upgrading this round means I might upgrade first gen am5... tho I feel burned by grabbing first gen am4 so and really wanted to wait for 2nd gen am5 to clear out bugs and maybe grab a couple more features like really high speed ddr5 and PCIE6...

I still feel that makes more sense even if I have to keep the 1700x till then.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 1, 2021, 11:43 AM   #1276
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I don't feel like what they promised is really the issue. If the boards are physically capable of supporting the CPU, which they are, then it's a crappy move to not allow the motherboard makers to support them.

I also think it does hurt their sales since the barrier to upgrading is higher. Granted, right now it doesn't matter since they're selling as many CPUs as they can make, but in general it provides a competitive advantage if you can upgrade without getting a new board.
Im seeing the 5800x at msrp consistently now even slightly on sale sometimes... so cpu supply seems to being fine now unlike gpus. Id grab one stat if I had the bios.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 1, 2021, 12:41 PM   #1277
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

I just got a 5800X from Newegg (US) the other day. They had a coupon for $15 off. It's still in stock and there's a $10 off promo code currently.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 07:03 PM   #1278
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
As a casual gamer I can justify upgrading from a 1700x to a 5800x if its cpu alone which boggles my mind here. AMD would gain sales. It probably doesnt gain much selling mobo components. Telling us suporting till end of 2019 or 3 generations would have been more honest than saying 2020.

But not upgrading this round means I might upgrade first gen am5... tho I feel burned by grabbing first gen am4 so and really wanted to wait for 2nd gen am5 to clear out bugs and maybe grab a couple more features like really high speed ddr5 and PCIE6...

i don't think i ever upgraded a CPU on Intel without a new MB in 30 years

i have a x570 motherboard and a 3800x and was going to get a 5900x but i will wait till AM5 and buy a new MB for it as getting a 5900x now is nuts

i can get a 5800x but it isn't that big a deal over the 3800x at 4k

if i were you i would grab a 3800x new or used and wait for AM5 if you need a upgrade
Old May 3, 2021, 06:57 PM   #1279
Nagorak

Quote:

Pax, I have read that it's possible to crossflash the Gigabyte X370 boards with a bios from the X470 boards. You may want to look into that if you really want to upgrade to Ryzen 5000 series. In theory with the dual bios on the boards, it should be safe to try and then simply revert to the secondary bios if it doesn't work out. Just be sure to set the jumpers on the bottom of the board so that they are set to manually select the BIOS chip, rather than letting it do it automatically (that way you always know which bios chip is being flashed, and it's also less of a hassle to switch between then manually rather then letting it fail over).

I still have a Gigabyte X370 around here which I would try it on, except that the second bios chip went bad, so I don't actually have a backup bios anymore. It happened while still under warranty, but I didn't feel like it was worth the hassle ripping the entire system apart and paying $12 shipping to RMA it when the other chip was still working. Kind of regret it now. Oh well.
Old May 3, 2021, 09:13 PM   #1280
pax
Rage3D Spammer

I read a bit about that but the latest bioses have chipset detection worked in by amd. So Id have to use an older bios without the fixes... I guess amd is really worried that too many people might bork and rma their cpus on the old x370 boards for them to go that far because they arent making much money on mobo sales AFAICT. Might be something we dont know...

Some guys usign asrock def did get their bioses for the x300 line and it seems fine but GB would be a crapshoot. GB forums are pretty quiet about it.

Looking for a job next fall as Im retiring from the current one this summer as Im grabbing the pension out of it. Once Im settled from that transition Ill know what kind of tech budget Ill have. While its currenlty not worth buying mobo to run new cpu and then get a pricey gpu I might not care this fall and just go for it as Ill have both a pension and hopefully job income coming in so be much better off.

Its all about disposable income...

www.realitysandwich.com

Last edited by pax : May 3, 2021 at 09:18 PM.
Old May 5, 2021, 10:58 PM   #1281
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

Microcenter in Michigan seems to have a lot of 5900x 549.99 and 5950x 799.99 site says 25 +
Old May 6, 2021, 12:16 AM   #1282
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Well let's hope they aren't shite like my 5900X that doesn't even do 1900 FCLK.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2021, 08:04 AM   #1283
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Well let's hope they aren't shite like my 5900X that doesn't even do 1900 FCLK.
My 5950x won't do it either, though it's hard to know for sure whether it's the motherboard or the DIMMs. I don't feel like spending hours trying to figure it out, or throw parts at it either. Is what it is. 1800mhz gonna have to be enough.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
Sapphire Nitro+ 6800 XT
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2021, 08:57 AM   #1284
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Can you link me to the sticks you are using?
Old May 6, 2021, 09:45 AM   #1285
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

just got back from micro to pick up a 5950x, the sheet they give me to bring to the register shows a stock of 156 5950x instock. No idea about how many 5900x they have though
Old May 6, 2021, 07:23 PM   #1286
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanBlues View Post
just got back from micro to pick up a 5950x, the sheet they give me to bring to the register shows a stock of 156 5950x instock. No idea about how many 5900x they have though
Is there a real performance difference? Does the 5900X do 1900 FCLK for you? If yes, let me know and I will take it off your hands.
Old May 6, 2021, 09:07 PM   #1287
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Can you link me to the sticks you are using?
https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-...82E16820374090

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
Sapphire Nitro+ 6800 XT
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2021, 09:13 PM   #1288
KAC
It might be gays!

I am wondering if I should get those as well. Prices have gone through the roof though.
Old May 6, 2021, 09:49 PM   #1289
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
Is there a real performance difference? Does the 5900X do 1900 FCLK for you? If yes, let me know and I will take it off your hands.

I honestly haven't tested to see if it does 1900 FCLK, I should check though, in anycase this will go back to VR/gaming machine and 5950x will replace it in the main pc.
Old May 7, 2021, 08:35 AM   #1290
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

5900x fclk 1900 seems to work for me, i only tested cinebench, play a bit of conan exile and ran the red dead 2 benchmark no crashes
ram are these 4x8 https://www.microcenter.com/product/...C16U4W_-_White
set it to xmp and then raise the clock to 1900/3800
no changes to voltages etc or anything.

asrock x570 taichi

Last edited by CyanBlues : May 7, 2021 at 09:36 AM.
CyanBlues is offline   Reply With Quote