Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and technical support forum for legacy ATI technology such as Rage, Rage Fury and Rage MAXX.

Old Feb 6, 2003, 09:11 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
lohchengsong

lohchengsong is still being judged by the masses

Unhappy Help needed with ATI Rage Pro Non Standard Modes

Hello,

I have a motherboard with integrated ATI Rage Pro 128 AGP with v6.60 drivers and running Windows 2000 Professional.

I have followed articles on enabling one of the non-standard modes: [email protected] via manually editing the registry as well as using the Mode Maker program for Radeon by Jason Smith. I also tried PowerStrip to enable the 1360x768

For all the method I used above, I managed to enable 1360x768 as a selectable display mode in Windows Display Properties dialog box and I can switch to this mode, however there is one problem: it seems that the left and right portion of the screen is being chopped off -- like there is not sufficient front and back porch timing, active video timing has eaten into the front and back porch. I suppose this happens because 1360x768 is a 16:9 aspect ratio whereas the deafult timing in the registry i for 4:3 aspect ratio.

Checking the registry keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ati2mtaa\Device0

I have 13 60 07 68 00 00 00 62 added to the :
DALNonStandardModesBCD and DALNonStandardModesBCD1

I believe there should have several other keys that will let me adjust the timings (such as sync duration, front porch, aactive video timing, back porch) for the 1360x768 mode but I do not know which one and what format.

The Mode Maker program I allows me to set these timings but it dows not work, probably it is for Radeon only.

After trying PowerStrip, which allows to set those timings, unfortunately I was not able to do it after several attempts, but it lef behind the following keys:

DALRULE_CRTSUPPORTSALLMODES
DALRULE_DFPSUPPORTSALLMODES
DALTMCRTBCD1360x768x0x60
DALTMDFPBCD1360x768x0x60

Does anyone knows the usage and format of these keys? Otherwise does anyone knows what keys must I set in order for the [email protected] display correctly on my 16:9 display (which is capable up to [email protected])?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Loh Cheng Song
lohchengsong is offline   Reply With Quote