Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jun 24, 2021, 11:36 PM   #1141
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
Vizio P Series gonna have to work for now ��
I have a 2018 65 inch Vizio Quantum P myself, waiting for reviews on the Sony X95J.
Java Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2021, 03:08 AM   #1142
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
waiting for reviews on the Sony X95J.
that's a monstrosity for only 3.4k bucks

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2021, 03:42 AM   #1143
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The LG Cx OLEDs are pretty amazing too. IQ paired with my PS5 is just beautiful. I have the CX55.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 25, 2021, 09:24 AM   #1144
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I had Bing, Opera and my BB phone app open.
After a bunch of failed attempts and lots of button smashing I caught it on Bing.
It added to my cart and I was getting that same 250m error but I just kept clicking checkout and kept switching the store.
It finally took it to the next step and wanted my email.
Then they sent me an authorization code for the checkout.
Crap, I may have gave up too quickly

I did keep it in my cart. Maybe next time I can go straight to checkout…
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2021, 09:53 AM   #1145
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Crap, I may have gave up too quickly

I did keep it in my cart. Maybe next time I can go straight to checkout…
Get back in there!!!
Old Jun 25, 2021, 09:02 PM   #1146
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Get back in there!!!
My mouse finger needs to recover from the massive click fest and disappointment!

It’s annoying that retailers seem to be doing absolutely nothing to make this a better customer experience. No bot thwarting software, no special checkout, no nothing. You just get thrown into a lottery with a bunch of bots and fight them through every single step of the checkout process. PS5 is only available for store pickup? WTF? Is this 2005 or something? Grrrrrr. I guess as long as they get their money they can care less….

Last edited by SD-[Inc] : Jun 25, 2021 at 09:08 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 01:24 PM   #1147
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
My mouse finger needs to recover from the massive click fest and disappointment!

It’s annoying that retailers seem to be doing absolutely nothing to make this a better customer experience. No bot thwarting software, no special checkout, no nothing. You just get thrown into a lottery with a bunch of bots and fight them through every single step of the checkout process. PS5 is only available for store pickup? WTF? Is this 2005 or something? Grrrrrr. I guess as long as they get their money they can care less….
Nah, they pay lip service to the problem, but truth be told they're making out just fine. $$ are $$ and that's the bottom line.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 06:15 AM   #1148
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Looks like BB had another drop yesterday

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2021, 01:09 PM   #1149
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Looks like BB had another drop yesterday
Yep, I beat my head against the wall on that one too
Old Jun 30, 2021, 02:13 PM   #1150
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/...eat-4k-option/

This week, a surprising new number enters the conversation: 40 fps, a standard previously unattainable thanks largely to TV standards. It comes courtesy of a new patch to this month's Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart on PlayStation 5, which already includes a 60 fps "performance" option. So why would anyone pick 40 fps instead? And how does it work?

No clue what this is talking about, just want to show Ratchet and Clank (and Rivet) more love!
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2021, 12:18 PM   #1151
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

It's pretty simple, 40fps on 120hz display feels way smoother than 30 on 60hz.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2021, 05:02 PM   #1152
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Why the hell doesn't PS5 support freesync?

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2021, 06:23 PM   #1153
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Heh, I get that but it really sounds like Insomniac went way out of their way to give their players the best possible experience with what they have to work with. I dunno why the PS5 doesn't do VRR but neither does my new AppleTV 4k yet both supposedly have HDMI 2.1 ports. Seems like HDMI 2.1 is a choose your own feature set standard.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2021, 02:57 PM   #1154
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Not being able to get a PS5 just got a whole lot crappier.

Old Jul 3, 2021, 07:13 PM   #1155
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Ouch - little salt added to the wound...
Old Jul 5, 2021, 07:24 AM   #1156
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Last night I got back into town off of vacation. I swung by BB last minute to grab my patiently waiting PS5.
She's still in the box just waiting for the initial opening foreplay!

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2021, 11:27 AM   #1157
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Still haven't got one yet
Old Jul 7, 2021, 03:14 AM   #1158
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Still haven't got one yet
simply switch your electricity provider, you'll get one for free then

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2021, 05:13 PM   #1159
jimjobob
Radeon Caribbean Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Does the 3D audiotech work any better on the official pulse 3D headset than it would on one like the Rig 800HS?
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2021, 07:41 AM   #1160
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Ouch - little salt added to the wound...
I don't know how I feel about having to pay for the Director's Cut. I get that there's an "expansion" included, but those of us on PS5 who bought the game on PS5 .. I kind of feel like I'm getting boned.

I already bought it, though.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2021, 09:46 AM   #1161
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I don't know how I feel about having to pay for the Director's Cut. I get that there's an "expansion" included, but those of us on PS5 who bought the game on PS5 .. I kind of feel like I'm getting boned.

I already bought it, though.
I haven’t bought……yet
Old Jul 18, 2021, 01:17 AM   #1162
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Got my hands on a PS5 finally. Astros playroom is kind of nifty for a free game. I have nothing else on the console yet.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2021, 01:40 PM   #1163
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Does the 3D audiotech work any better on the official pulse 3D headset than it would on one like the Rig 800HS?
No, and it's not any better than any other audio tech IMO.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2021, 01:43 PM   #1164
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Got my hands on a PS5 finally. Astros playroom is kind of nifty for a free game. I have nothing else on the console yet.
If you're into hardcore, give Returnal a shot. True next gen, but keep sedatives nearby lol.

Ghost of Tsushima is a PS4 title, but it shines on the 5. Great game and looks ridiculously amazing on an OLED.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 02:24 PM   #1165
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

I am about to give up on a PS5 retail purchase. Walmart had a drop today and the demand basically crashed Walmart.com. Here is what it says when I tried to just go to www.walmart.com:

This is ridiculous. After you wait 5 minutes to actually get in and try and search for PS5 you get nothing but sever errors. This is ludicrous and beyond frustrating. Bots must be multiplying to the point of making this pointless. I think I'll wait till some time in 2022 to try again.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 05:00 PM   #1166
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
I am about to give up on a PS5 retail purchase. Walmart had a drop today and the demand basically crashed Walmart.com. Here is what it says when I tried to just go to www.walmart.com:

This is ridiculous. After you wait 5 minutes to actually get in and try and search for PS5 you get nothing but sever errors. This is ludicrous and beyond frustrating. Bots must be multiplying to the point of making this pointless. I think I'll wait till some time in 2022 to try again.
Might be deep 2022 with Xmas probably taking all stock for a long time.

TBH I don't think this system has the games to justify trying to get one so badly.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2021, 08:11 AM   #1167
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I think the PS5 refresh will be out before they’re widely available. I got super lucky…I wasn’t even shopping for one when I got mine. Otherwise I’d still be on the 4 Pro
Old Jul 23, 2021, 08:37 AM   #1168
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
I think the PS5 refresh will be out before they?re widely available. I got super lucky?I wasn?t even shopping for one when I got mine. Otherwise I?d still be on the 4 Pro
So glad you were able to find one!
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2021, 09:06 AM   #1169
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
So glad you were able to find one!
Me too!
Old Jul 25, 2021, 06:38 PM   #1170
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I think the PS5 refresh will be out before they’re widely available. I got super lucky…I wasn’t even shopping for one when I got mine. Otherwise I’d still be on the 4 Pro
Me too. Luckily my buddy was able to snag two from Walmart a few months back. The PS5 got me to play some awesome games .. Ghost of Tsushima being one of them
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote