Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Aug 9, 2021, 04:10 AM   #1201
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

No, for a change it maxes out my wifi unlike the PS4.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 06:47 AM   #1202
MyTMouse
Banned

MyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Any PCI e gen 4 drive is a good fit. Also you can even get a cheap heatsink and should be fine with it. Only potential issue is that PS5 games need to be on local HDD which shouldn't be a problem if you are already pushing all the PS4 crap on to the SSD. Not bad at all.
I was pretty sure you could also put PS5 games on the expansion SSD but only if they are fast enough
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2021, 09:57 AM   #1203
SirBaron

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTMouse View Post
I was pretty sure you could also put PS5 games on the expansion SSD but only if they are fast enough
Only on the NVME drive, not on any external drive those are for PS4 games and PS5 backups. Which is what KAC is saying that if you put all the PS4 games on a external drive then should be enough space for PS5 games on the NVME drives.

So internal 1TB drive is PS5/PS4
Internal NVME Expansion is PS5/PS4
External Drive = PS5 Backup or PS4 games

External SSD is best for PS4 games, much faster than Mechanical external. (which on PS4 was faster but not by a huge amount due to the lack of bandwidth).
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 9, 2021, 10:43 AM   #1204
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2021, 12:12 AM   #1205
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Finally lucked out today and got one from the WalMart drop tonight. Only catch is I got free 2 day shipping with expected delivery OCTOBER 7th. A little worrisome they are selling inventory they don’t even have yet. Oh well. Maybe there will be more good games out by then
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2021, 03:54 AM   #1206
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Finally lucked out today and got one from the WalMart drop tonight. Only catch is I got free 2 day shipping with expected delivery OCTOBER 7th. A little worrisome they are selling inventory they don’t even have yet. Oh well. Maybe there will be more good games out by then
Congrats SD! Took you long enough

Maybe your luck will hold and it’ll ship early
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2021, 04:40 PM   #1207
SirBaron

Demon Souls is poop, there I said it .

I should have known from my last 3 attempts at those various titles.

I got so far into killing preying for a damn fire thingy to be there to save me, no I died so far and lost everything including my motivation.

And I'm only near the start of the game
Old Aug 13, 2021, 05:10 PM   #1208
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Demon Souls is poop, there I said it .

I should have known from my last 3 attempts at those various titles.

I got so far into killing preying for a damn fire thingy to be there to save me, no I died so far and lost everything including my motivation.

And I'm only near the start of the game
Throw pebbles. Quite thrilling.

oops...that's the other game...
Old Aug 13, 2021, 05:40 PM   #1209
SirBaron

Not sure what game you're referring to, but it sounds amazing.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 06:20 PM   #1210
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Not sure what game you're referring to, but it sounds amazing.
Bloodborne - pebble description in game
Old Aug 16, 2021, 12:02 PM   #1211
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Throw pebbles. Quite thrilling.

oops...that's the other game...
The general tip about aggroing one enemy at a time from afar is a good one though. Quite possibly the #1 best tip to give newbies in Souls games.

These games become infinitely more manageable when dealing with one enemy at a time vs. multiple.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2021, 01:27 PM   #1212
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
The general tip about aggroing one enemy at a time from afar is a good one though. Quite possibly the #1 best tip to give newbies in Souls games.

These games become infinitely more manageable when dealing with one enemy at a time vs. multiple.
It really is. That one message everywhere in DaS “Lure it out”….perfect.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 01:37 PM   #1213
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
It really is. That one message everywhere in DaS “Lure it out”….perfect.
Yeah I actually have been making an effort to use the pebbles more often in Bloodborne. It was overlooked by me in the beginning but I'm starting to realize they may be even more important in this game than in previous Souls games.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2021, 05:48 PM   #1214
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Congrats SD! Took you long enough

Maybe your luck will hold and it’ll ship early
Walmart just emailed me mine arrives this coming Thursday. Woot!
Old Sep 4, 2021, 05:53 PM   #1215
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Walmart just emailed me mine arrives this coming Thursday. Woot!
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 10:57 AM   #1216
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

https://wccftech.com/sony-playstatio...aming-segment/

Which means no one will be able to buy one until 2026
Old Sep 8, 2021, 11:08 AM   #1217
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankan View Post
https://wccftech.com/sony-playstatio...aming-segment/

Which means no one will be able to buy one until 2026
Well, I'm hoping my 5 will keep me happy until 202....7?

I got so burnt out on console hunting I don't think I'll even care for a looong time lol.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 07:34 AM   #1218
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Come to Dubai. Buy PS5. Go back.

PlayStation 5 Console (UAE Version) https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B08HHFL27C/...FE48MSF6VRAY5S
Old Sep 9, 2021, 04:58 PM   #1219
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled withYellowBeard is not someone to be trifled with

Glad they're having all these sweet announcements of upcoming games and rumours of a pro.

lol when are they gonna be readily available?

Amazon selling "renewed" systems for 900 dollars. Give me a ****in' break.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2021, 03:33 AM   #1220
KAC

Tight games shown. Good lineup for me especially. Excited about Project Eve, Spider-Man 2, Wolverine, God of War Ragnarok, Tiny Tina’s Wonderland, KOTOR and GT7.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 06:42 AM   #1221
MyTMouse
Banned

MyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I saw that there's a new revision of the PS5 where they chopped out just over 300g of the heatsink in the system and not too much other changes to save some money. Can't imagine that'll make the cooling situation very good especially long term
Old Sep 10, 2021, 07:49 AM   #1222
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I really hope that the PS5 light does not end up being a screamer at the end of the generation, since it is the one that I will eventually get my hands on when you can just buy a ps5.

Last edited by Mangler : Sep 10, 2021 at 07:54 AM.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2021, 01:42 PM   #1223
SirBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTMouse View Post
I saw that there's a new revision of the PS5 where they chopped out just over 300g of the heatsink in the system and not too much other changes to save some money. Can't imagine that'll make the cooling situation very good especially long term
For the most part it's pretty much the same, sometimes better, sometimes worse but we're talking still well under the temps that say a PC would even get to in load.

The cooler of the PS5 was overdesigned due to their huge aversion to the PS4 being compared to 747 engines in terms of decibles.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 10:20 PM   #1224
KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I really hope that the PS5 light does not end up being a screamer at the end of the generation, since it is the one that I will eventually get my hands on when you can just buy a ps5.
History has told us that all Slim are jet engines. At least the ones I had on PS3 and PS4 were. Heck PS4 Pro was the biggest offender.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:38 AM   #1225
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgWuGA8cExo

Looks like it's a non-issue.

And it also looks like the fan in the ps5 isn't controlled by temps, it is regulated by power draw, so I guess it would not matter if the new heatsink resulted in a hotter running console.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2021, 11:23 PM   #1226
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Woot! Mine finally came. It's so fast and quiet. But, it BARELY fit into my TV console!

Old Sep 17, 2021, 07:27 AM   #1227
MyTMouse
Banned

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgWuGA8cExo

Looks like it's a non-issue.

And it also looks like the fan in the ps5 isn't controlled by temps, it is regulated by power draw, so I guess it would not matter if the new heatsink resulted in a hotter running console.
Looks like the new cooler is slightly worse for the SOC but a redesigned plate makes better contact with the mem chips so their temps are the same or slightly better. Would have been great if they used the same redesigned contact plates with the original bigger cooler but this looks like cost cutting.

I wonder how the temps will be with a high performance SSD adding extra heat into the mix...some of the memory temps can be close to max especially for the possibly millions of people who will have high ambient temps and/or poor ventilation
Old Sep 19, 2021, 07:28 AM   #1228
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Woot! Mine finally came. It's so fast and quiet. But, it BARELY fit into my TV console!

Just an FYI, that fan expels a lot of hot air….
Old Sep 19, 2021, 01:15 PM   #1229
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

Just an FYI, that fan expels a lot of hot air….
I keep the door open when playing. Did that even with my PS4 Pro. At least now I don’t have to turn the sound up to drown out the leaf blower fan. The one downside is I find myself doing fast travel in games a lot more than I used to. Since the new area loads in like one second it’s too tempting..
Old Sep 19, 2021, 02:19 PM   #1230
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I keep the door open when playing. Did that even with my PS4 Pro. At least now I don’t have to turn the sound up to drown out the leaf blower fan. The one downside is I find myself doing fast travel in games a lot more than I used to. Since the new area loads in like one second it’s too tempting..
That's a good thing!