Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jul 27, 2022, 08:10 PM   #841
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Let's see what the prices and availability end up being this launch.
There was a lot of people with free government money the last time as well and with the inflation crap, I got to believe there are going to be a lot less buyers this go around.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2022, 08:34 PM   #842
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
There was a lot of people with free government money the last time as well and with the inflation crap, I got to believe there are going to be a lot less buyers this go around.
I'm not so sure. Scalpers made some good coin the last 2 years.

I'm betting tons of scalpers plan to use those earned funds to continue the Ebay flip with the 4090.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 09:54 AM   #843
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Scalpers can't really do that if the demand isn't there. I am sure some will try it at release, but if they end up with a glut of cards it can easily turn around on them.

Also, I think crypto was largely what was propping up prices. Without that I am thinking the supply and demand imbalance is not going to be there to support severe scalping.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 28, 2022, 09:56 AM   #844
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
If I can get a 4080 at $799 I will probably do it, guessing I should be able to get $400 for a barely used 3080 at that time. But wasnt expecting to wait for a new toy until 2023.
At 1440P 240 Hz, as well as a Vive Pro 2, I can always use more performance, but I won't spend more than $1000 maximum. We'll see what they come out with.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:31 PM   #845
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

First out the gate as usual:

https://twitter.com/VideoCardz/statu...95449856901120

Quote:
VideoCardz.com
@VideoCardz
NVIDIA announces SIGGRAPH 2022 Special Address with CEO Jensen Huang on August 9th
videocardz.com
NVIDIA announces SIGGRAPH 2022 Special Address with CEO Jensen Huang on August 9th - VideoCardz.com
Jensen is back NVIDIA will host a Special Address at SIGGRAPH 2022. The CEO Jensen Huang and NVIDIA senior leadership will take part in a Special Address on August 9th. The event is planned as part...
1:40 PM · Jul 28, 2022·IFTTT

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2022, 11:15 PM   #846
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
AMD and Nvidia leaks show we are drunk on power, and the hangover is going to be brutal
https://www.techradar.com/news/amd-a...g-to-be-brutal

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2022, 06:21 AM   #847
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Looks like October availability may be possible then.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2022, 12:21 PM   #848
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Would be nice if it isnt just the 4090 this year.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 12:23 PM   #849
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Scalpers can't really do that if the demand isn't there. I am sure some will try it at release, but if they end up with a glut of cards it can easily turn around on them.

Also, I think crypto was largely what was propping up prices. Without that I am thinking the supply and demand imbalance is not going to be there to support severe scalping.
Yep, same, $1K is it for me and honestly prefer a couple hundred less.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 07:08 PM   #850
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Old Jul 30, 2022, 09:52 PM   #851
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
performance estimates

by who's ass ?

i'm sure NV has ES in their lab and i'm sure they are not posting results to 3dmark
Old Jul 31, 2022, 08:15 AM   #852
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
performance estimates

by who's ass ?

i'm sure NV has ES in their lab and i'm sure they are not posting results to 3dmark
Leaks from important peeps? 😉
Old Jul 31, 2022, 10:46 PM   #853
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

DLSS 3.0 release with Lovelace. You heard it hear first on Rage3D
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2022, 06:39 AM   #854
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
DLSS 3.0 release with Lovelace. You heard it hear first on Rage3D
Noted.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 07:35 AM   #855
acroig
Troll SMod

Old Aug 1, 2022, 08:48 AM   #856
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Cool, but jebus, 400w for a GPU that isn't even in the flagship range is rough.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2022, 12:12 PM   #857
acroig
Troll SMod

Default More 4070 rumored specs

Old Aug 6, 2022, 07:52 AM   #858
acroig
Troll SMod

Default October?

Old Aug 6, 2022, 01:05 PM   #859
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
RTX4090 1500+++++

RTX 4080: $800+++++

Old Aug 6, 2022, 02:46 PM   #860
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Nice, bring on the 3080ti killer....

GeForce RTX 4070 (rumored specs +pricing)

GPU: AD102-275 (used to be AD104-400)
CUDA cores: 7168
SMs: 56
VRAM: 12GB GDDR6 (up from 10GB GDDR6) @ 18Gbps
Memory bus: 192-bit (up from 160-bit)
TDP: 300W or so
Price: $550-600
Old Aug 6, 2022, 03:15 PM   #861
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Nice, bring on the 3080ti killer....

GeForce RTX 4070 (rumored specs +pricing)

GPU: AD102-275 (used to be AD104-400)
CUDA cores: 7168
SMs: 56
VRAM: 12GB GDDR6 (up from 10GB GDDR6) @ 18Gbps
Memory bus: 192-bit (up from 160-bit)
TDP: 300W or so
Price: $550-600
The specs on this card have changed multiple times BUT they all point to the same thing, it could really be a beast of a GPU for a very reasonable price.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 05:28 PM   #862
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The specs haven’t changed, the rumours from them click bait sites have.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 06:18 PM   #863
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
The specs haven’t changed, the rumours from them click bait sites have.
I stand corrected, this is accurate.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 06:26 PM   #864
Megaman
Packing heat!