Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Yesterday, 09:15 AM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
There's no hint about the small enemies. Did you use a pyre in the boss arena to fire up your weapon? Yeah, spawns an enemy I love these games, but Team Ninja are master trolls for sure
Yeah, i was using both pyres during the fight as well as my two fire talismans i had to use. It never dawned on me using a pyre in the boss room spawned more enemies. That's pretty rotten of them.

However i think the game does drop a hint of that, vague as it may be. At the start of the level i think the girl you talk to at the first shrine says to light them "to keep the monsters at bay" or something to that effect. I guess that's supposed to mean keeping them lit means less smaller enemies during the boss fight. So frustrating now, because many of my deaths on that final phase were due to the smaller enemies messing me up.

I guess i made the fight way harder for myself than it needed to be. I'm also now tempted to run through the mission again simply because I'm curious where to light that 3rd fire.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:08 AM   #212
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Yeah, i was using both pyres during the fight as well as my two fire talismans i had to use. It never dawned on me using a pyre in the boss room spawned more enemies. That's pretty rotten of them.

However i think the game does drop a hint of that, vague as it may be. At the start of the level i think the girl you talk to at the first shrine says to light them "to keep the monsters at bay" or something to that effect. I guess that's supposed to mean keeping them lit means less smaller enemies during the boss fight. So frustrating now, because many of my deaths on that final phase were due to the smaller enemies messing me up.

I guess i made the fight way harder for myself than it needed to be. I'm also now tempted to run through the mission again simply because I'm curious where to light that 3rd fire.
You know I think you’re correct about that hint. It just never occurred to me. The first time I used a pyre I thought it was cool of the devs to toss me some help

It’s really a creative, if not frustrating to do something different, but it’s painful. I learned between the 2 games that if you can lock onto it/interact with it, pay attention. It means something. An early boss in the second game has a similar mechanic, and man that bastard caused me serious heartache until I figured it out.

There’s also one more trick with that boss when he hits his second phase, run back to the entrance. He can be easily dodged there, when he can reach you at all. Fire bomb his ugly ass into oblivion

And the pyre you didn’t find (guessing here) is behind a Nurikabe early in the level. Walk along the walls until the eyes open and it grunts at you

edit: I have nothing to do at the moment. Good time to jump in and really re-familiarize myself with the build I have. I think I'll run that level

Last edited by Lazy8s : Yesterday at 10:25 AM.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM   #213
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I actually did find that Nurikabe, but had to fight it because i couldn't figure out what gesture neutralizes it. Tried about half the ones i had and just said ah screw it.

I'm going to have to look up later where the place to light the 3rd fire is. That level is small but has a somewhat confusing design, i probably walked right past it.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM   #214
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
I actually did find that Nurikabe, but had to fight it because i couldn't figure out what gesture neutralizes it. Tried about half the ones i had and just said ah screw it.

I'm going to have to look up later where the place to light the 3rd fire is. That level is small but has a somewhat confusing design, i probably walked right past it.

I jumped back in for a few, and it's still running great so that's good. No Nioh 2 muscle memory issues lol. I might respec the build later because I had no idea what I was doing at the time, just slapped stuff together.
Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM   #215
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Same as Lazy8s I also save it for when I'm in trouble, because it makes you invulnerable for the duration. Its actually a really handy trick to be able to pull out when in need.
Yes, but I find I need it a lot

Still not sufficient for the joker with the ball and chains on the boat. Guess I have to toss myself into a few dozen deaths till I figure this out. It's reminding me why I never finished Dark Souls.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM   #216
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
Yes, but I find I need it a lot

Still not sufficient for the joker with the ball and chains on the boat. Guess I have to toss myself into a few dozen deaths till I figure this out. It's reminding me why I never finished Dark Souls.
Much like a lot of Souls bosses get behind him for a few quick attacks before he starts swinging the ball and chains, then quickly run out of range.

Same for the second phase, attack his back. But you'll now have to execute some fancy dodge footwork to avoid his melee attacks and ball throws. Repetition and persistence is key, after enough attempts you'll start to know what's coming and how to avoid it.
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM   #217
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Much like a lot of Souls bosses get behind him for a few quick attacks before he starts swinging the ball and chains, then quickly run out of range.

Same for the second phase, attack his back. But you'll now have to execute some fancy dodge footwork to avoid his melee attacks and ball throws. Repetition and persistence is key, after enough attempts you'll start to know what's coming and how to avoid it.
And don't get greedy. Going for that extra hit often gets punished hard in this game.
Old Today, 10:58 AM   #218
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

hate claustraphobic spaces for dodging, etc. In the meantime I've just been leveling up in the same spot to get myself into a better place. About time to start bashing my head against the problem.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:15 AM   #219
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
hate claustraphobic spaces for dodging, etc. In the meantime I've just been leveling up in the same spot to get myself into a better place. About time to start bashing my head against the problem.
Dodging is the best defense, but if you can find a weapon that has a high block value, blocking can keep you alive at least….

What worked best for me was filling my Amrita gauge (use spirit stones) and essentially what meteor recommended above. Fast weapons, hit fast then dodge, and when his health is down to ~20-25% fire up living weapon. Keep dodging though. LW makes you invulnerable, but taking hits shortens it’s life span.
Old Today, 11:57 AM   #220
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

This game loves to put you in close quarters for a lot of fights. Mainly because its an easy way to increase the difficulty. Obviously fighting in these kinds of games is always easier in wide open spaces.