Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Home Theaters and Photography
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Home Theaters and Photography Discussion forum for Home Theater enthusiasts and newbies. Also the place to discuss and post your photography ventures and queries.

Old Mar 27, 2011, 06:47 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber
Question Keep having to reset 360 wireless adapter.

Okay here's one I can't figure out.

I have an XBox 360 and I picked up a wireless N adapter recently for it. I keep having to reset the adapter though. Since it has an external AC adapter, it stays powered on even after I turn the 360 and the TV off. But then the next day when I turn them on, the 360 won't recognize that it's connected to a network unless I reboot the adapter. Works like that every single time...

Here's the adapter I'm using which appears to have gotten solid great reviews AND I can't find any mention of this on any review sites for it:
http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Wirel.../dp/B0024G48VA

Any thoughts?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:07 PM   #2
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

One amazon review claims the device might go to sleep if left on long enough (requires reboot like you mentioned). Also suggested a new firmware might help.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2011, 03:44 PM   #3
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Okay I found that review you're talking about. Followed the steps he listed out exactly to the letter. Basically authenticating via pre-shared key instead of WPS, router config, etc... It shows up in the D-Link router I use as an "N" speed adapter. But it still seems to require resetting, despite being updated to the latest firmware. Let it sit overnight and tried it again today.

Hmmmm... back to the drawing board.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:33 AM   #4
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

That kinda sucks, though it's a minor inconvenience. I have my wireless bridge on the same power bar as my 360 upstairs so I just switch the whole bar on and off. Might work in your case.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:07 AM   #5
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Been thinking I might do that too. Gonna mess with it more this weekend maybe unless I travel back to OKC. It's just... weird... I can't figure this one out. It ought to, ya know... just work? This is what I get for trying to save money and not pickup the "official" XBox 360 Wireless N adapter.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:23 AM   #6
Zero
Sass hole

If you're thinking about doing that, there are also OEM xbox wifi adapters from dealextreme which aren't too pricey.

Or you can always try a different device. My bridge is actually a cheapo comstar n-router (NPWLNRTR), no issue running internet.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:24 PM   #7
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

As an update, I had a heck of a time getting the firmware to update. Ultimately I think the issue was that I would use the config tool, which then said to plug it in to the 360. Afterwards I would try to go to the IP of the TrendNet adapter as identified in the router's IP assignment page, but it would never pull up the adapter interface. The trick is the adapter has to be connected to your router via WiFi but not actually connected to anything else when you ping the IP for the router in a browser. Dunno how I messed with it for so long before recognizing that...

Anyways after the firmware update, now it's very reliable and I haven't had to reset it once. Previously I had to reset it once daily, sometimes two or three times. Post firmware update I haven't had to reset it once, got a solid Wireless-N connection 24/7 for the past week which is a step in the right direction in my book.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old May 1, 2011, 10:21 AM   #8
Zero
Sass hole

Awesome

I thought you already had the latest firmware though, or did they release something last week?

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old May 1, 2011, 10:34 AM   #9
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Awesome

I thought you already had the latest firmware though, or did they release something last week?
I thought so too but I think I was looking in the wrong spot online. I'm now 100% sure it's the latest firmware from a build released Dec 2010.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote: