Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:24 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Your little jabs are nothing compared to the love I shared with your mum for one night.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:30 PM   #62
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

KAC good luck with your new system. There is nothing wrong with AMD these days. It's just a little different.

I think I might jump over if they continue to improve the next round. I just have a hard time justifying making the jump with a 9900k right now.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:41 PM   #63
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
KAC good luck with your new system. There is nothing wrong with AMD these days. It's just a little different.

I think I might jump over if they continue to improve the next round. I just have a hard time justifying making the jump with a 9900k right now.
Trust me if you are like me only gaming then it is not worth a single cent.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:58 PM   #64
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Trust me if you are like me only gaming then it is not worth a single cent.
i get a feeling that you gone Ryzen more to brake the borring state and just play with something new and completly different ...

5900x is still in bermuda triangle ? Any news ?
Old Dec 11, 2020, 01:14 AM   #65
KAC
It might be gays!

So now running DDR4 @ 3733 and FCLK at 1866. Seems to be fine for now. PBO is still boosting to 4.65 Gs.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 01:52 AM   #66
KAC
It might be gays!

So here is my final review of this shenanigans.

Worthless side grade doesn’t quite cover it.

Port Royal max
8086K - 12398
5600X - 12109

Timespy max
8086K - 16.2K
5600X - 15.8K

Cinebench R20 MC
8086K - 3450
5600X - 4275 (manual OC to 4.7 Gs - 4600)

HZD
8086K - 130
5600X - 130

ACO
8086K - 92
5600X - 92

SOTTR
8086K - 108
5600X - 113

WDL
8086K - 72
5600X - 73

FCND
8086K - 118
5600X - 120

Didn’t test further than this as the point is made.
I got a similar CPU that routinely runs about 10C higher and achieves absolutely **** all for gaming. It is also not worth tinkering with. I checked ram timings and improvement in games from different websites and pretty much unanimously people state that for normal gaming scenarios 99% of the time the difference won’t be noticeable. So I just simply didn’t bother with timings and set it to 3733 with FCLK at 1866. Also set PBO to auto.

I am not sure what to expect out of the 5900X except that it will cook like a mofo on crack in the summers. I have decided to keep this till RKL is out and probably swap out with an Intel setup then.

Also MSI can suck my dick. Mofos haven’t even fixed the bios turning half Chinese issue and also overall just downright sucky bios in terms of ease of use and navigation. Also Ryzen Master can suck a dick. Worst software I ever used that went into a loop of resetting my PC when overclock didn’t work so much so that I had to uninstall that garbage.

Overall if you have a 8 series Intel up to 10 series Intel there is absolutely no need to even think about Ryzen for gaming.

Just all around bad for my use case. I could’ve had at least 1200 bucks in my pocket right now (if I take out cost of upgrade by selling my other hardware) it is more like 500 bucks (875 if you count the 5600X I have in which I will need to sell and possibly take a 30 bucks loss or something).

Last edited by KAC : Dec 12, 2020 at 04:39 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 02:16 AM   #67
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
... Overall if you have a 8 series Intel up to 10 series Intel there is absolutely no need to even think about Ryzen for gaming.
Yup.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 03:38 AM   #68
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

acroig .... does the remorse thread begun ?
Old Dec 11, 2020, 04:10 AM   #69
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
This is a disguised thread.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 04:27 AM   #70
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
I am not sure what to expect out of the 5900X except that it will cook like a mofo on crack in the summers..
Check out this link.. it's often slower than 5600x for gaming, I presume due to cross CCX latency..

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/a...-5900x/16.html
Old Dec 11, 2020, 06:20 AM   #71
KAC
It might be gays!

Yeah what a shite show.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 07:03 AM   #72
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Your little jabs are nothing compared to the love I shared with your mum for one night.
Daddy!!!!!!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2020, 07:09 AM   #73
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

But we knew this already. Your going to need a stronger GPU to do anything for you, and changing out to rocket lake isn't going to do a thing for you either. New generation of GPU is going to be required!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2020, 07:13 AM   #74
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Quote:
This is a disguised thread.
To me this is one of the best posts KAC has ever made as it shows that unless you need a new CPU for another reason some older CPUs like the 8086K KAC used to have are still very much worthwhile.

While I'm sorry he's gone through this it helps me and others focus on what's most important, GPU upgrades. So thanks KAC for taking one for the team and next time be a little more patient when purchasing new hardware.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2020, 07:16 AM   #75
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
But we knew this already. Your going to need a stronger GPU to do anything for you, and changing out to rocket lake isn't going to do a thing for you either. New generation of GPU is going to be required!
Another excellent post form Nascar24 as a PC is only as good as its weakest part and sometimes, as we've seen with KAC on this thread, spending money does not give optimal results.

yoz
Old Dec 11, 2020, 07:31 AM   #76
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
To me this is one of the best posts KAC has ever made as it shows that unless you need a new CPU for another reason some older CPUs like the 8086K KAC used to have are still very much worthwhile.

While I'm sorry he's gone through this it helps me and others focus on what's most important, GPU upgrades. So thanks KAC for taking one for the team and next time be a little more patient when purchasing new hardware.
Hey thanks man. I had some money to burn tbh since I got a payment I wasn't expecting. Otherwise I wouldn't have gone through this crap. It's all in good fun and lesson learnt.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 07:41 AM   #77
KAC
It might be gays!

Btw while playing Cyberpunk 2077 the CPU is boosting till 4757 and maintaining 74 C. Not bad.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 08:06 AM   #78
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Btw while playing Cyberpunk 2077 the CPU is boosting till 4757 and maintaining 74 C. Not bad.
That's actually quite good.

yoz
Old Dec 11, 2020, 09:18 AM   #79
KAC
It might be gays!

Cyberpunk 2077 edition.

Last edited by KAC : Dec 11, 2020 at 11:14 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 09:28 AM   #80
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Too much RGB but the P500A does look good
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2020, 09:39 AM   #81
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Too much RGB but the P500A does look good
It also runs quite cool. I will need to clean the front filter though daily.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 10:21 AM   #82
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Do amd rig a favor and do a fresh windows install also ....
Old Dec 11, 2020, 10:22 AM   #83
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Do amd rig a favor and do a fresh windows install also ....
No need for it.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 10:48 AM   #84
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
It also runs quite cool. I will need to clean the front filter though daily.
System looks bitchin man. You kept the G7? I thought you got rid of it.

yoz
Old Dec 11, 2020, 10:55 AM   #85
KAC
It might be gays!

Still there. If it gets sold will order the LG 34 inch.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 11:47 AM   #86
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
System looks bitchin man. You kept the G7? I thought you got rid of it.
It looks like lights in a fancy club .... Bring some 10.000$ shampagne bottle.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 11:49 AM   #87
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

This thread would not have been possible without AMD resurgence and KAC obssesions .Because of the very new ecosystem for him after so much intel his mind could deliver so much poetry ... So KUDOS to both of them
Old Dec 11, 2020, 12:40 PM   #88
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
It looks like lights in a fancy club .... Bring some 10.000$ shampagne bottle.
Ya, disco inferno.

yoz
Old Dec 11, 2020, 02:16 PM   #89
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Seems the 5900x will have some performance uplift vs 5600x in this game.... Look at 5900x oced with Memory timing tuned !!! Wow

https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Cyber...Cw_PGJlbQffETk
Old Dec 11, 2020, 05:34 PM   #90
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Shame they didn't do that for all CPU's in the list..