Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 26, 2021, 06:40 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I love the epilepsy feel to this title. Makes me want to take some pills.

Also, did those napkin drawings spawn to life there?
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2021, 12:51 PM   #152
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2021, 06:28 PM   #153
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 1, 2021, 06:33 PM   #154
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Finally, us troglodytes will see what's what and find out who's who in the great game of life.

I hope it's a lot like BF4+BF3
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2021, 10:55 PM   #155
MNB4800
Radeon Volcanic Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I hope it's a lot like BF4+BF3

But bigger and better. One thing I want fixed that somehow they never bothered to fix in all BF games is when you prone, you can practically squeeze in a corner and clipping your body through the wall. That wasn't fixed in BF4. Never played later BF games but I was told it wasn't fixed. Which is a bit strange since CoD doesn't have this problem for years now.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2021, 09:22 AM   #156
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
But bigger and better. One thing I want fixed that somehow they never bothered to fix in all BF games is when you prone, you can practically squeeze in a corner and clipping your body through the wall. That wasn't fixed in BF4. Never played later BF games but I was told it wasn't fixed. Which is a bit strange since CoD doesn't have this problem for years now.
Yo! Did no one say happy b-day yesterday?

yoz
Old Jun 6, 2021, 06:53 AM   #157
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Looks like an amazing game. Can’t wait!
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2021, 06:28 PM   #158
azalea
Radeon R420

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

It looks like poo, actually, but I'm hoping it's just because of motion blur and/or last gen consoles.

I'm sure it will be fun, though, after all I even enjoyed BFV...
Old Jun 7, 2021, 06:15 AM   #159
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2021, 03:29 PM   #160
eNforcer
Radeon Southern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Looks like BF4 V2, I'm in
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2021, 07:29 AM   #161
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

90 minutes to go.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2021, 10:22 AM   #162
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

And we're in

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2021, 10:32 AM   #163
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

That's a great cinematic, but I remain skeptical that the game itself will be anything like that
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2021, 10:50 AM   #164
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

That trailer got me hyped!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:23 AM   #165
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

128 players is going to be crazy, and the maps are apparently split up into sectors now, each with its own set of control points (PlanetSide 2-style).

I'm just disappointed that Commander Mode is MIA. With 64 players per team, now would be the perfect time to bring back commanders and give them more power/abilities than ever before.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:29 AM   #166
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I hope it will be able to attract the same kind of trash tier players as bf1 and V, I want to pretend that I'm still decent at shootbangs.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:44 AM   #167
acroig
Troll SMod

Any word on SP? Asking for a friend.

yoz
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:45 AM   #168
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

They're going oldschool, no SP campaign.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:47 AM   #169
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
They're going oldschool, no SP campaign.
Sad.

yoz
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:53 AM   #170
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
That's a great cinematic, but I remain skeptical that the game itself will be anything like that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
That trailer got me hyped!
Agree'ed! Trailer was fun as hell

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2021, 12:01 PM   #171
azalea
Radeon R420

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

Enjoyed it, but the one part i hated was the pew-pew bright orange tracers. Hope they're only for effect in cinematics...
Old Jun 9, 2021, 12:23 PM   #172
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

There's no BR mode either. (eurogamer: Battlefield 2042 has no campaign and no battle royale mode). Looks like they want to focus on the core gameplay of the franchise which they excelled at back in the day.

The Battle Pass cost + upfront cost is a downer though. $70+30 US (or 60+30 PC) for the first year is something a lot of people are not going to pay, esp for a game with only 7 maps. With other games snatching up massive portions of the BF playerbase in recent years I wonder what the playerbase count will look like a year from now. 100 bucks for year one is effectively a MMO subscription cost in a genre where there are high quality F2P titles.

It'll be almost mandatory if maps are locked behind the Battle Passes, which EA/DICE did do with some of their expansions in the past.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2021, 12:43 PM   #173
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

maps aren't locked behind bp

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2021, 12:54 PM   #174
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Damn I'm reading in that some european countries the base game is 80 euro. That's equivalent to about $100 US, or $137 US for base game plus year one content.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
maps aren't locked behind bp
Good to know, because DICE and EA seem to have forgotten they need to earn back a lot of players who left the franchise in recent years for other titles.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2021, 01:03 PM   #175
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Something very cool and interesting is that bots will be making their return for the first time since BF 2142 (at least on PC).

I used to love terrorizing bots way back in BF 1942 and Vietnam. It'll be interesting to see just how much their AI has improved since then, as well as how much (if any) of this research went towards making it happen:

(Edit: I have absolutely no idea why that video is marked "age-restricted." It's literally just discussing/showcasing self-learning AI in BF1.)
Old Jun 9, 2021, 01:18 PM   #176
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

I really really hope EA/Dice has learned from the success of Apex Legends and is mimic'ing that. It kinda looks like they are and if that's true... you can ignore the battlepass unless you want the premium cosmetics it grants.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2021, 01:25 PM   #177
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
Damn I'm reading in that some european countries the base game is 80 euro. That's equivalent to about $100 US, or $137 US for base game plus year one content.
Good to know, because DICE and EA seem to have forgotten they need to earn back a lot of players who left the franchise in recent years for other titles.
Isn't that just the case for the PS5 and Xbox 4 version?

I don't think the pc version got hit with the nextgen tax.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 02:04 PM   #178
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
I really really hope EA/Dice has learned from the success of Apex Legends and is mimic'ing that. It kinda looks like they are and if that's true... you can ignore the battlepass unless you want the premium cosmetics it grants.
I also hope they toss out all the f'd up menus and stuff they used for the cosmetics in BFV. I couldn't be bothered to figure half that **** out, so definitely didn't want to spend money on a skin.

I bet they will go the CoD route, though, and everyone will be running around as Arnold Schwarzenegger from Commando and Ben Stiller from Tropic Thunder or some **** lol.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2021, 02:14 PM   #179
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Who releases a video trailer and not the actual gameplay.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2021, 02:20 PM   #180
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
Who releases a video trailer and not the actual gameplay.
sunday

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote