Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Aug 28, 2021, 11:35 AM   #961
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Sold my cards usually higher than market price at the time so don’t know wtf you talking about. Let me know when you actually have any experience buying or selling mining cards.
I don't know why I bother to respond to such a well known troll like you but I was just giving an opinion on why the mining cards have a lower perceived value in the eyes of potential buyers.

If you don't like my opinion well then take a flying firetruck at a rolling doughnut.

https://www.techradar.com/sg/news/gr...nd-mining-gpus
Old Aug 28, 2021, 12:42 PM   #962
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Yeah the Palit article that was already stated by many as fud and BS.

I wonder why a GPU vendor would want to stop people from buying second hand rather than from them...

Old Aug 28, 2021, 12:44 PM   #963
SirBaron

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post
Doubt I'll be making a GPU purchase anytime soon either new or used, but as to the value of a used mining card...

silicon degradation asise, I think another concern a buyer of a used GPU should have is if the card has run at max load 24/7 for a year or so....what sort of shape are the fans in? Seems like they've have to be getting close to failure. So then youv'e got the cost of replacing them, too.
Actually the card it self is not really at max load, it's running at about 65% power load, core clocks are super low, and the card is using about 1/2-3/4 watts.

The only thing I do agree on is the fans.

but if a GPU fan dies after one year, better to change GPU vendor I think
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 28, 2021, 01:47 PM   #964
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
What worries me is mining farms using high end sku's and misleading the public when selling them as hardly used or just like new to receive a premium from a desperate buyer.
this

………….
and it's running at about 65% power load

how do you know yours maybe doing that
but every nut running a mining farm how do you know what they are doing to their cards

the bigger the farm the more they will cut corners and push the cards to saver money

…………..
EVGA

Quote:
What is not covered by this Limited Warranty
This Limited Warranty applies only to Products used in accordance with this Limited Warranty and EVGA's published documentation, and does not cover:
Products that are modified outside of factory specifications and/or not in factory condition.
Products with modification to the serial number and/or factory identification labels whether removed, relocated, falsified, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible.
Damages to PCB (Printed Circuit Board) whether cut, scratched, warped, bent, cracked, dented or broken.
Any damages to the components, hardware and/or assembly of the Products including but not limited to damages caused as a result of neglect, abuse, accidents, misuse, or unusual physical, electrical or electromechanical stress (including due to uninterrupted use of the Products, or use of the Products for blockchain processing, cryptocurrency mining, or similar purposes).

https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/

Last edited by bill dennison : Aug 28, 2021 at 02:01 PM.
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2021, 03:38 PM   #965
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

In my case infinitely less dust than my gaming PC. It's enclosed in a small room with AC and venting. Runs full time so constant temp. Power less than 100% core well under 100%. Fans under 100%. The real question is how long bearings/ fans last when used full time. In the case of Gigabyte I'll assume not long.
They saved $0.10 on the thermal pads but it's going to cost them with no future motherboard/GPU purchases from me.

I'm not worried about resale value. These will keep mining and by the time I sell them they'll be a few hundred bucks worth anyways.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 09:33 PM   #966
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Lots of people talking about something they don’t know about. Can we keep the thread focused to asking for help on buying a card.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2021, 02:42 AM   #967
SirBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
this

………….
and it's running at about 65% power load

how do you know yours maybe doing that
but every nut running a mining farm how do you know what they are doing to their cards

the bigger the farm the more they will cut corners and push the cards to saver money[/url]
EVERY miner even the big ones will run at 65% why? Because the hashrate at 65-70% (depending on GPU) is exactly the same at that as well as 100%.

So why would you run a card at 100% power draw, when the same performance can be had at 65%.

What would a large miner prefer?

330watts or 225watts?

You contradicted yourself within your one post. They cut corners? Yeah they run at 65% instead of 100%.

Quote:
Lots of people talking about something they don’t know about. Can we keep the thread focused to asking for help on buying a card.
Agreed

If you want to further talk about mining GPU's we have a nice thread already for that.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 04:44 AM   #968
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
For me dust wise the cards are like new. Closed AC room. Dust only comes in when I open the door. The fans I wonder about since they run 24/7. How long til failure? Gotta be a good number of year?
MTBF (mean time between failures) for the fans is probably pretty high, likely years. However, one thing to consider is that is the "mean time" (average). Some fans will fail much sooner, some later. So, if one of the fans is a lemon it could already be failing after a fraction of that time.

With that being said, replacing the fans shouldn't be super hard, so under the circumstances I wouldn't be that concerned about that. You can find replacement fans on Ebay fairly easily. It may just be annoying since depending on the card you may have to disassemble a lot of the heatsink to get at the fans.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2021, 07:38 AM   #969
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
If you want to further talk about mining GPU's we have a nice thread already for that.
Exactly, please avoid talking about mining in this thread. TY

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:10 AM   #970
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

At Microcenter Marietta, entire case full of 3080Tis. Impressive.

yoz
Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:12 AM   #971
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

FE or AIB? Also MSRP or gouged?
Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:49 AM   #972
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
FE or AIB? Also MSRP or gouged?
Zotac, MSRP. Posted a pic on Discord

yoz
Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:56 AM   #973
KAC
It might be gays!

Oh very pricey. 1899$ for Amp Holo available on Zotac store right now.
I can get a Palit 3080 Ti or an XFX 6900XT for cheaper than this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:59 AM   #974
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Oh very pricey. 1899$ for Amp Holo available on Zotac store right now.
I can get a Palit 3080 Ti or an XFX 6900XT for cheaper than this.
Yeah but the Amp Holo is their top of the line, no?

I take it back, they're asking almost as much as a Strix. Ripoff.

yoz
Old Sep 18, 2021, 12:02 PM   #975
KAC
It might be gays!

Its 15 MHz difference for a gimped card lol.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 02:54 PM   #976
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Only $1899, chump change!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2021, 02:59 PM   #977
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Only $1899, chump change!
We were just discussing that on Discord. Ripoff, and it's $1,949 BTW.

yoz
Old Sep 18, 2021, 03:15 PM   #978
KAC
It might be gays!

Err I was talking about overclocking. Zotac 3XXX series doesn’t overclock.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 03:36 PM   #979
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Err I was talking about overclocking. Zotac 3XXX series doesn’t overclock.
Ah, I see. I'll delete my remark then.

yoz
Old Sep 23, 2021, 10:34 AM   #980
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Anyone want to buy my 3080 Ti FTW3?

$1650. Costed me $1400 + 10.8% tax ($1550), figure $50~ in paypal fees, and $25~ to ship. If not Im just gonna return it to Microcenter this weekend.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz

Last edited by CurrentlyPissed : Sep 23, 2021 at 10:41 AM.
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2021, 02:37 PM   #981
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Anyone want to buy my 3080 Ti FTW3?

$1650. Costed me $1400 + 10.8% tax ($1550), figure $50~ in paypal fees, and $25~ to ship. If not Im just gonna return it to Microcenter this weekend.
No PayPal fee if peeps send it as a gift.

And that tax rate.... wow.

yoz
Old Sep 23, 2021, 03:06 PM   #982
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I thought Missouri sales tax was quite low?
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2021, 03:39 PM   #983
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
No PayPal fee if peeps send it as a gift.

And that tax rate.... wow.

He thought he was in california?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post

Swindling 6%

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2021, 08:18 AM   #984
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Not in brentwood it's not. Most areas are around 7-8%, brentwood is damn near 11%~. (fancy peeps area). It sucks because they have the Gundam IP edition in stock for $3100, basically all the Gundam edition parts, but it'd be almost $350 just in sales tax alone. But I want it =(.

EDIT*** Ok after looking their tax rate is 9.8%. I just know everytime I go, it's 10% more than what the item cost when I go. https://www.salestaxhandbook.com/missouri/rates

If a rager wants to send as gift, I'll lower the price, if not card is going back to the store tonight. It's $1550 back to the store. So a rager $1550 + shipping.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz

Last edited by CurrentlyPissed : Sep 24, 2021 at 08:23 AM.
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2021, 09:11 AM   #985
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I was just curious. I had figured you'd moved or something, lol
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote