Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Apr 18, 2021, 12:25 AM   #451
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I wouldn't downgrade to 16GB for a small bump in frequency or lower latency.

Your 5900X probably can't do 3800FCLK anyway. I wouldn't bother going above 3600 because of that. If you have B-Die, OC your memory manually and you can probably do 3600CL15, maybe CL14 with enough voltage.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2021, 01:31 AM   #452
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I have shite die. It can barely do 3733. I think I am limited by ram and not FCLK. I tried running ram at 3800 without 1:1 and system didn’t boot. Even with default XMP and 1.45 volts. Ram is rated for 1.35 volts.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2021, 07:11 AM   #453
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Give it 1.5v and try it. I run 1.55v 24/7 with no issues. As long as you have good airflow, it's fine. If it's B-Die, of course. The other memory ICs don't really respond to voltage as well, which is why B-Die is so popular.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 18, 2021, 08:57 AM   #454
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

It’s not B die. It is Hynix. I was told that 1.5 V is dangerous territory so I didn’t try. Will see if I want to. It’s a PITA trying memory stuff with this board as it doesn’t have a reset bios switch.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 09:21 AM   #455
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Hynix doesn't really respond to vDIMM voltage very well. You can try it, but I wouldn't bother.

1.5v is fine. I've ran 1.55v daily for a while now. The only difficulty is keeping temps down on the DIMMs but good airflow and only 2 sticks makes life easy.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 01:27 AM   #456
KAC
It might be gays!

This a good kit:

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-...82E16820374093

Over my DDR4 3600 CL16-19-19-39? It is double the cost.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 01:03 PM   #457
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Just leave it alone KAC lol..

Your timings are terrible though, but the upgrade for $350 wouldn't be worth it.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 01:33 PM   #458
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Just leave it alone KAC lol..

Your timings are terrible though, but the upgrade for $350 wouldn't be worth it.
Seconded but you know KAC......

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2021, 07:47 PM   #459
KAC
It might be gays!

Ok fine I will leave it. I am thinking about getting a 5950X though.
Frankly I haven’t played crap on my 5900X for past 2 months since it has been mining non stop. I now only play on my 10700/3070 rig mostly as cost of playing is cheaper on it
Old May 15, 2021, 11:25 AM   #460
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

Decided to oclock the ram on the vr machine, they were gskill 3200, able to get them to 3800 stable, with fclk 1900
ran prime95 for 10 hours, no issue. I'll mess around with it more when I have time.

</span>
Old May 15, 2021, 12:17 PM   #461
KAC
It might be gays!

That’s great. I really have a dud processor. I think I will swap it out first chance I get.
Old May 15, 2021, 01:34 PM   #462
Nunz
RIP Roxen

AlderLake in November. Come back to the dark side..
Old May 17, 2021, 10:38 AM   #463
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

decided to mess around with my main desktop, 5950x fclk 1900

10 hours prime stable