Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Mar 21, 2021, 06:45 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
It was a joke, a reference to another thread that went horribly wrong. Not meant as a comment on your choices.
I dunno. I think it went hilariously right.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2021, 07:40 PM   #32
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I dunno. I think it went hilariously right.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2021, 07:45 PM   #33
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

yeah I have had to point a few people to prebuilts recently. It is the only guaranteed way to get parts.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 22, 2021, 07:59 AM   #34
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
It was a joke, a reference to another thread that went horribly wrong. Not meant as a comment on your choices.
ah, ok, no worries then.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2021, 10:12 AM   #35
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
yeah I have had to point a few people to prebuilts recently. It is the only guaranteed way to get parts.
Even with pre-builts there is a delay. It's probably going to get worse too, I just hope my May ship dates doesn't get "delayed" itself (or worse, cancelled).

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2021, 10:51 AM   #36
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Why you bought a pre built with May ship date when you can nab one now?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2021, 06:48 PM   #37
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Why you bought a pre built with May ship date when you can nab one now?
Wasn't able to find any for the same price and the same (or close) specs.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
Old Mar 22, 2021, 08:25 PM   #38
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

UPDATE: Went ahead with the advice to change out the 120mm to a 280mm (Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT).

TIL that 280mm is actually two 140mm fans.

~George Carlin
Old Mar 22, 2021, 09:19 PM   #39
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
UPDATE: Went ahead with the advice to change out the 120mm to a 280mm (Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT).

TIL that 280mm is actually two 140mm fans.
If changes are still possible, then replace the RAM with CL16 3600MHz... 3200 bare minimum.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 12:54 AM   #40
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I would seriously consider swapping out case to a mid tower at least. Unless you have a strong ITX need, you will probably get better thermals.

Also think you need to put in about 3600 MHz memory sticks in there. DDR4 3000 is really a poor choice imo.

Hope this helps.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2021, 10:16 AM   #41
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I would seriously consider swapping out case to a mid tower at least. Unless you have a strong ITX need, you will probably get better thermals.

Also think you need to put in about 3600 MHz memory sticks in there. DDR4 3000 is really a poor choice imo.

Hope this helps.
Not too concerned about the memory, I can swap that out later with little issue when necessary at our Microcenter (memory isn't hard to find). I'll check the thermals but if needed I'll go old school and open the side of the case and put a vornado fan blowing on the side. Sure it will mean I'd have to clean it out more, but it would keep it cooler for sure. But I'm not overclocking so it should be fine.

~George Carlin
Old Mar 23, 2021, 10:34 AM   #42
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

personally not a fan of higher temps and louder fans, so i'd definitely go for a bigger case. But as usual it's up to you how and what you prefer, of course.

I'm so out of the loop hardware-wise i'm very thankful for every bit of advice coming from you guys.

Tha being said, i really envy you with a Microcenter nearby. We don't really have that kind of stuff here, well, we have Alternate, but that's not the same and in most cases NOT cheap.

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2021, 11:54 AM   #43
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Not too concerned about the memory, I can swap that out later with little issue when necessary at our Microcenter (memory isn't hard to find). I'll check the thermals but if needed I'll go old school and open the side of the case and put a vornado fan blowing on the side. Sure it will mean I'd have to clean it out more, but it would keep it cooler for sure. But I'm not overclocking so it should be fine.

I wouldnt be too worried about thermals at all. KAC is on this kick to get the lowest thermals possible and no one needs all that. If you turn it on and it works perfectly fine while gaming no need to go and take the side off and hunt for lower temps for no reason at all. Who cares if its running hot as long as it runs. Just enjoy the thing

logical is offline   Reply With Quote