Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Feb 4, 2022, 09:06 PM   #1351
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I'm just going to wait, no day 1 purchases for me for the ps5 as long as sony keeps acting this way.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2022, 03:35 AM   #1352
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Will be getting Horizon as I love the game.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2022, 11:51 AM   #1353
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
If buying Horizon Forbidden West, make sure to buy the ps4 edition, stinking slimy Sony is trying to get an extra $10 out of you for the PS5 version when the upgrade from the ps4 version is free.
Are you saying they are exactly the same? I hadn’t heard that. For the $10 upgrade on other games you get PS5 features that won’t exist in PS4 version. You could argue whether that’s worth $10 or not. That’s a different discussion. Things like fast load times, optimized performance modes, higher LOD, and even ray-tracing may not be there. I haven’t seen a comparison on Forbidden West on the differences yet. But, many other PS4 re-releases like Uncharted offer some significant differences.
SD-[Inc] is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:56 PM   #1354
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

No he's saying if you buy the PS4 version for example UK price is 60 You get both PS4 and PS5 version, if you buy the PS5 version for 70 you get exactly the same, except you pay 10 more.

Sony wanted to charge 10 for the upgrade to the PS5 version, but they got called out on their BS saying Horizon would be a free upgrade a long time ago, hence why on the store page they say all future sony games will cost 10 to upgrade.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 05:08 PM   #1355
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Yep, I didn't know this until I noticed someone call it out on Reddit, I had already preordered the PS5 version from Amazon. Canceled and now have the PS4 version ordered. Sony are being turds on this one trying to jack people out of an extra $10 if they don't know this.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2022, 08:13 PM   #1356
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
No he's saying if you buy the PS4 version for example UK price is 60 You get both PS4 and PS5 version, if you buy the PS5 version for 70 you get exactly the same, except you pay 10 more.

Sony wanted to charge 10 for the upgrade to the PS5 version, but they got called out on their BS saying Horizon would be a free upgrade a long time ago, hence why on the store page they say all future sony games will cost 10 to upgrade.
I get what is going on now. Sony is offering a free upgrade from PS4 to PS5 version is the problem. Not sure how they can charge 10 more either. Why not just make the upgrade $10 like every other game so far? This problem will probably be corrected soon as it makes no sense.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 08:27 PM   #1357
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
I get what is going on now. Sony is offering a free upgrade from PS4 to PS5 version is the problem. Not sure how they can charge 10 more either. Why not just make the upgrade $10 like every other game so far? This problem will probably be corrected soon as it makes no sense.
This is the only game they are allowing it on because they stated as such a while ago, they won't be correcting it, what they should be correcting is the price of the PS5 version to $59.99 and quit trying to rip people off who don't know the upgrade is free.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 01:04 PM   #1358
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
This is the only game they are allowing it on because they stated as such a while ago, they won't be correcting it, what they should be correcting is the price of the PS5 version to $59.99 and quit trying to rip people off who don't know the upgrade is free.
Bad move. I agree it makes no sense. Almost everyone that has a PS5 had a PS4. The article I read said they buckled under pressure to offer the free upgrade and now they screw people that buy on their new platform?? Sony is usually smart about marketing things. Sorta surprised they are being dumb over something so simple.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 02:01 PM   #1359
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

They are acting this way because they are #1 by a huge margin right now.

If MS had been in the lead, all ps4>ps5 upgrades would have been free.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2022, 06:33 PM   #1360
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
They are acting this way because they are #1 by a huge margin right now.

If MS had been in the lead, all ps4>ps5 upgrades would have been free.
Well they did give PS4 buyers a free upgrade. Doesn’t sound that much like arrogant market leader to me.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:57 AM   #1361
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Lost legacy is sublime in performance mode.
I upgraded and started with Uncharted 4. Running and aiming is a totally different experience now. So smooth. I forgot how great these games were. Really high-quality production value.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 08:14 AM   #1362
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Salt and sacrifice should be available soon. Word is early 2022. That’s the only upcoming game I really want for the PS5 at the moment.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2022, 02:37 PM   #1363
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I upgraded and started with Uncharted 4. Running and aiming is a totally different experience now. So smooth. I forgot how great these games were. Really high-quality production value.
Saw this great video showing the new 60fps gameplay. Pretty awesome:

https://youtu.be/O5tVUiDE4Uo

Old Feb 9, 2022, 04:03 AM   #1364
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Salt and sacrifice should be available soon. Word is early 2022. That’s the only upcoming game I really want for the PS5 at the moment.
i'm still waiting for the release of Little Devil Inside

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2022, 08:12 AM   #1365
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
Ah, I forgot all about that one.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:33 AM   #1366
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post

Also waiting for this, hopefully, gem

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2022, 02:38 PM   #1367
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Also waiting for this, hopefully, gem
they came a long way, i really hope they don't ruin it on the last steps

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2022, 01:23 PM   #1368
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Horizon Zero Dawn forbidden west looking good, problem for me will be the controller after just playing through the first one recently with keyboard and mouse on pc.

Last edited by Nascar24 : Feb 15, 2022 at 01:33 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 01:27 PM   #1369
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Problem for me was I didn't find the first game all that much fun so can't justify caring for the new one.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2022, 01:35 PM   #1370
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Problem for me was I didn't find the first game all that much fun so can't justify caring for the new one.
Because you like them souls games! This one is just about right for me on the enjoyable scale of not wanting to throw my controller!
Old Feb 15, 2022, 03:18 PM   #1371
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Because you like them souls games! This one is just about right for me on the enjoyable scale of not wanting to throw my controller!
You haven’t lived until you see your controller take to the air.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 03:40 PM   #1372
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
No joke I was literally falling asleep trying to play it. Its a beautiful game for sure. It just doesn't do it for me.

Jumped into it right after playing both Nioh games back to back. Quite jarring the difference in complexity.

Quote:
You haven’t lived until you see your controller take to the air.
Seriously. Got to have that ridiculous challenge or GTFO.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 04:07 PM   #1373
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
No joke I was literally falling asleep trying to play it. Its a beautiful game for sure. It just doesn't do it for me.

Jumped into it right after playing both Nioh games back to back. Quite jarring the difference in complexity.

Seriously. Got to have that ridiculous challenge or GTFO.
For sure I bought a second controller for the release next week
Old Feb 15, 2022, 05:00 PM   #1374
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
For sure I bought a second controller for the release next week
Haha. That's actually a good idea.

I'm due for a new PS4 controller too. They're so damn expensive though.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 05:26 PM   #1375
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

I must be getting older because I am going the other way. Games like Nioh are just too much work to finish these days. It takes me months. I don't mind the challenge. But my gaming time is limited, so I like games that progress a little faster. In other words, easier. Plus, most of the Souls type games are going with the harder is better approach. Each new game tries to find more ways to make the journey more time consuming. Not sure I am up for that type of investment again. Probably will wait for a gaming drought before hopping into my next one.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 06:02 PM   #1376
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Haha. That's actually a good idea.

I'm due for a new PS4 controller too. They're so damn expensive though.
They are expensive. $60 at Microcenter, but worth it if I break one lol.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 06:02 PM   #1377
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I must be getting older because I am going the other way. Games like Nioh are just too much work to finish these days. It takes me months. I don't mind the challenge. But my gaming time is limited, so I like games that progress a little faster. In other words, easier. Plus, most of the Souls type games are going with the harder is better approach. Each new game tries to find more ways to make the journey more time consuming. Not sure I am up for that type of investment again. Probably will wait for a gaming drought before hopping into my next one.
You ‘are’ old.

I’m older lol.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 06:11 PM   #1378
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

I bought Demon souls(Actually it came bundled) on the PS5 and while it looks great, just not into the throw your controller games.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 06:25 PM   #1379
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I actually found Nioh to be far easier than the Souls games, once i understood it. Once you unlock weapon skills and level up a bit you become insanely powerful and stomp everything in the main story mode. For me in Nioh it wasn't the challenge that kept me engaged. But rather the deep loot system and addiction to keep improving my build.

But i hear you. I also don't have much free time these days and would rather play easier shorter games. I just can't though. I'm too accustomed to more challenging and complex games now. Most standard games are just boring to me a lot of the time. I really have to be in the mood to play them.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 06:57 PM   #1380
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I actually found Nioh to be far easier than the Souls games, once i understood it. Once you unlock weapon skills and level up a bit you become insanely powerful and stomp everything in the main story mode. For me in Nioh it wasn't the challenge that kept me engaged. But rather the deep loot system and addiction to keep improving my build.

But i hear you. I also don't have much free time these days and would rather play easier shorter games. I just can't though. I'm too accustomed to more challenging and complex games now. Most standard games are just boring to me a lot of the time. I really have to be in the mood to play them.
Anything without that challenge just feels empty and boring to me, whether the challenge be combat, best formula to level or gear, or all of the above like Nioh. Throw in a solid story, something to make me want to see what happens and I’m hooked….like Nioh lol.

I don’t mind the length of the game as I only do 1 or 2 a year, so that’s an advantage for me.