Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Apr 17, 2021, 05:16 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Dell S2721DGF ....

I thought i don't need a new thread for this monitor.I thought it was just a 27 inch 10bit fully ideal pixel density IPS.This is for SDR.

In HU review they said that HDR is kinda limited and is not fully implemented...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3vbqyjgPpY&t=714s

BUT After reading tomshardware review for it they say that this monitor looks better in HDR than SDR ... so wait wth..
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...gaming-monitor
Also they say that desktop profile looks the most accurate...

With SmartHDR -- Desktop profile enabled it gives a whole new different monitor .... It's really WOW ... They are right..SDR looks plain and borring.
I begun to explore all my youtube music videos just to see what the heck i am seeing...
I forgot about the 1440p resolution ... I am just salivating at HDR
I just played some Dirt Rally with limited HDR.It felt more natural in a way.

Which of you throw this "bone" in front of me ?
Old Apr 17, 2021, 06:04 PM   #2
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I'm confused. Which "bone" are you looking for?

KAC, help the man out.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2021, 07:37 PM   #3
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The bone all guys on here want. And he has been self boning with all these monitor replacements.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 17, 2021, 08:23 PM   #4
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Max brightness 400 nits. No dimming zones. "Excellent HDR"

GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2021, 09:23 PM   #5
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Placebo HDR

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2021, 11:05 PM   #6
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

There aren't very many monitors that do better that "HDR" 400, are there?

To be fair, basically no TVs fully implement HDR either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2021, 11:45 PM   #7
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2021, 12:22 AM   #8
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

All that HDR is doing is turning the brightness to 100 and over-saturating the image. There are times the HDR400 seems nicer on my monitor too, but I've noticed the image can be pretty inaccurate in a lot of scenarios; I noticed this especially in AC:Valhalla.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2021, 02:01 AM   #9
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
All that HDR is doing is turning the brightness to 100 and over-saturating the image. There are times the HDR400 seems nicer on my monitor too, but I've noticed the image can be pretty inaccurate in a lot of scenarios; I noticed this especially in AC:Valhalla.

From toms hardware review:

"The S2721DGF also supports HDR, and we found in our tests that Dell is using dynamic contrast to increase dynamic range with HDR content."

"The S2721DGF’s lack of HDR calibration control is not a hindrance to its HDR image accuracy. The grayscale test above shows a slightly visible blue error in the brightest steps that's hard to see in actual content. What is more impressive is the near-flawless EOTF luminance tracking. Except for a slightly soft transition to tone-mapping at 65%, the test follows the spec perfectly. This is the principal reason for the S2721DGF’s excellent HDR image.
The color test reveals similarly high accuracy. Every DCI-P3 color target is on or near the right spot, and inner saturations are a little over. This adds to the S2721DGF’s vibrance in HDR mode. If HDR gaming is your thing, you’ll have to spend quite a bit more money to beat this level of performance."
Old Apr 18, 2021, 02:10 AM   #10
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post

The price for that monitor in my country is only 4000 $ ... Prepare to deal with at lest 15ms input latency.

A review for the PA32UCX

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...proart-pa32ucx

"The PA32UCX isn’t a gaming monitor, but 60Hz, FreeSync and the ability to run G-Sync unofficially, means some creatives who are also casual gamers will want to boot up their titles on this pricey 4K display. In the response and lag department, the Asus was a bit sluggish. While it measured similarly to other 60Hz monitors, its control lag was inconsistent. Players spoiled by some of the best gaming monitors with 144Hz refresh rates will certainly be disappointed when the action gets intense. But if you want to spend some time exploring the game environment, prepare to be mesmerized."

Prepare to be mesmerized .... :P

Last edited by badsykes : Apr 18, 2021 at 02:31 AM.
badsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2021, 08:36 AM   #11
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I'm confused. Which "bone" are you looking for?

KAC, help the man out.

If it wasn't at big discount i wouldn't buy it.This bone was thrown almost at the end of the return period for benq.In the same day it returned to almost 500$ at the same shop.