Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Closed Thread

Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:12 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
The way I'm acting? Standing up for KAC is a real horror I suppose.

The whole budget argument is strange. How much did you pay for that RAM exactly? I'd love to find a 3600CL16 kit at the same price point

It's funny you said "I know what parts to buy and buy those" .. Evidently, you do not. Enjoy!

And also, I never made any suggestions. I just backed up that KAC made a good one. You're trying too hard to play a victim.
Here is the extent of me being "mean to KAC":

"This means you, especially, KAC... I was joking above, because that's how seriously I take your suggestions. You clearly were not making that suggestion for my benefit, I clearly said what I already bought and was on it's way and unlike you, I don't just send back perfectly good hardware for a spec number somebody on a forum suggests post-event. I picked what I could afford and wanted. End of story. Got any good tweak suggestions for the parts I picked? I'm all ears for that..."

That's it. I showed where the previous posts were jokingly gentle ways of saying no, and then this was the third time, somewhat more seriously and about as harsh as a plastic brillo pad way of telling him that his suggestion was not welcome or possible. It is not a good suggestion when it's irrelevant to the budget involved and I've ALREADY had to make compromises in the build due to that.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree trying to be reasonable here?
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:14 PM   #32
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

And OMG! STOP WITH PUSHING THE 3600! SERIOUSLY! My butthole is puckering up thinking yer just trying to RAM it in there! STOOOOOOOP! I don't want your dirty ram, not even the tip!
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:22 PM   #33
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

HOWEVER, if you have system level tweak suggestions for the hardware I purchased, I'm open ears still...
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:22 PM   #34
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Oh no, going after my personal life.. smells like defeat.

I'm sorry, I thought it was all about the budget, and that's why you bought 3200CL16 ram, and I just didn't understand what the word budget meant?

Oh no, I found 3+ different kits that are the same price, or cost LESS (wow, coulda saved you money!) in about 3minutes, but damn, that 3600 suggestion was just about ego. I thought you said you knew what you were buying? You are Moshpit, all knowing genius who has been around the block for so long ..

Darn, I guess not.

You don't deserve any actual "system level tweak suggestions" advice. Go read OCN and do your own research, since you know it all.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:33 PM   #35
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Thread is wild

Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:34 PM   #36
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Thread is wild
I'm not gonna lie it is an entertaining thread lolol

Mosh, save those links I posted before they get deleted. They'll be a reminder of your excellent decisions.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:39 PM   #37
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:

Mosh, save those links I posted after they get deleted. They'll be a reminder of your excellent decisions.
You edited out the P word. I almost spit my drink out it's been so long since I've heard East coast talk living on the west coast now

Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:39 PM   #38
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
You edited out the P word. I almost spit my drink out it's been so long since I've heard East coast talk living on the west coast now
I had to
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:40 PM   #39
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:

Mosh, save those links I posted after they get deleted. They'll be a reminder of your excellent decisions.
I barely glanced at them. Your rapey insistence on shoving your opinion down my throat shows why you live alone. I hit a nerve earlier, and you're proving exactly why that's a nerve with you. Is this how you act in everything? Told no and keep flipping out?
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:41 PM   #40
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshpit View Post
I barely glanced at them. Your rapey insistence on shoving your opinion down my throat shows why you live alone. I hit a nerve earlier, and you're proving exactly why that's a nerve with you. Is this how you act in everything? Told no and keep flipping out?
Huh? I don't live alone LOL, and I'm not sure what nerve. You going for the personal life bs just shows you know you were wrong, but that little man ego is just screaming for vengeance. You called KAC classless, but quite frankly, I think he has more than you've shown.

If I'm obsessed with 3600 RAM, then you're obsessed with the word "rapey" cause god damn LOL

You don't even gotta click the links papi, I put the price right at the start just for you.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:48 PM   #41
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I'm just glad you stopped using the "budget" excuse and moved the goalpost around. I guess you really did look at those links
Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:56 PM   #42
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Folding@home

Old Mar 13, 2021, 03:56 PM   #43
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Yes, I'm very embarrassed of my rig.

Talk about barking up the wrong tree. I'm not sure you want to go down the "who's rig is better" road with me. lol
Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:05 PM   #44
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Well... to be fair to nunz I would have bought 3600 CL14/16 as well (which I did) and would have cost you the same.

Just return the ram get a refund and get better RAM, rather than well...this.

Buuuut anyway...

Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:10 PM   #45
SirBaron

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Considering my last rig was the same rgb ram they're not that cheap, unless you get some corsair discount or something.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:14 PM   #46
SirBaron

I've reported your thread and yourself already.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:18 PM   #47
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Sigh ...

If you actually participated on this forum besides popping in to share your latest purchase to pump your own tires, you would know what I have, because I made a thread and did a breakdown of it. I've also talked about it in other threads, and I usually help in most threads asking for troubleshooting advice.

The hardware change is the tweak/trick. You clearly bought the memory without understanding how Ryzen's version of an IMC functions, and how much performance you lose if you do not run the FCLK at a 1:1 ratio. If you run the mem at 3200, you're leaving a nice chunk of performance on the table.

I would have been happy to help with the memory tweaking, as I'm an avid memory overclocker and regularly post on OCN where a ton of the pro memory OCers share advice, but why would I bother? Instead of wondering why KAC recommended 3600Mhz memory, you called him classless because you think you know it all. Quite frankly, you aren't worthy of giving advice to. KAC has made a ton of mistakes on his journey with hardware, and I'm sure he'd attest to that, but at least he absorbs knowledge and asks "why?" instead of thinking it's an insult to the build. If the reasoning is good, and it usually is, then he makes changes or asks for advice on how to best work with what he has.

I would have been extremely happy to help you OC that 3200Mhz memory to 3600Mhz, and we probably could have got the timings to stay at XMP values while tightening secondary and tertiary timings, which would have increased read/write/copy speeds and reduced the latency, which tends to be Ryzen's weak point .. but yeah .. I'm apparently rapey, an egomaniac (ironic..), and trolling.

There is a reason I said KAC's suggestion to grab 3600 memory was a good one. It's because it's literally the bare minimum you want to run Ryzen's FCLK at.

Btw, I found your exact memory on Newegg. It was $224, with a $15 instant rebate applied. I posted 3600CL16 sticks that were even cheaper. If RGB is your thing, I even threw in 1 or 2 sets of sticks (already forgot) that were about the same price, if not a couple dollars +/-.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:19 PM   #48
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Are prices listed on my list? Do you KNOW that? No, you don't know what I paid for the ram at all. Hmmmmmm

Newegg isnt some super secret website:

224-15 for the promo if you got it. 209 pre tax

Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:20 PM   #49
SirBaron

Quote:
Thank you, seeing as I have now requested a thread clean up to be on topic per the rules of the forum 3 times now, or is that not a moderators responsibility to worry about anymore?
The moderators that run this section are not always online, nor do we run instantly to everyone's beck and call.

Things take time, especially on rage.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:21 PM   #50
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Yesterday it was 184.99 for about an hour. I cannot find 3600 with RGB in that price. I call BS.

184.99 - 15 dollars off, 169.99 after offer. It was a good deal. As soon as receipt hits my email, I will post and show the price paid since that is going to be the center point of this... There is no 3600 RGB ram in that price range with 4x8Gb. This ENTIRE bullcrap derailing was wasted time.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:26 PM   #51
Nunz
RIP Roxen

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3yQ...istory_days=60

Check the price history my friends..
Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:26 PM   #52
logical
What is my purpose?

Receipts are instant? Either way I don't care I don't have a dog in the fight. Enjoy the system friend.

Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:27 PM   #53
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

The two emails, Newegg recieved my order, and the second for Newegg charged my card are all I've gotten yet, but the receipt will come through in short order. I'm sorry but 169.99 fit exactly in what I had to spare, and hit the RGB and 4x8Gb requirement.

I could not afford more without making OTHER changes to the order, I am not willing to do that.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:28 PM   #54
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Receipts are instant? Either way I don't care I don't have a dog in the fight. Enjoy the system friend.
No they are not, that is BS. Your card is charged is instant, receipt is not. Have you ordered from Newegg?
Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:28 PM   #55
SirBaron

BTW me telling you to refund your ram isn't "UNACCEPTABLE and IRRESPONSIBLE beyond word" lmao, I was trying to help you, so that you get better performance.

However you're clearly melodramatic.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:29 PM   #56
Nunz
RIP Roxen

guys please dont leave me in this thread all alone
Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:29 PM   #57
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
No they are not, that is BS. Your card is charged is instant, receipt is not. Have you ordered from Newegg?
Sure have. I have never received a receipt a day later for ANYTHING ordered online. At the very minimum they send you a confirmation of price and parts right when ordered.

Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:30 PM   #58
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

This is exactly what I got last night, same as any other time I've ordered on a Friday night. Receipt will come through by either Sunday night or monday morning with the shipping notices.

Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:31 PM   #59
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Sure have. I have never received a receipt a day later for ANYTHING ordered online. At the very minimum they send you a confirmation of price and parts right when ordered.
Price is not on that confirmation for each part. That list is the one I showed a picture of in the first OP post. That IS the confirmation. No prices, just the total.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 04:32 PM   #60
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
BTW me telling you to refund your ram isn't "UNACCEPTABLE and IRRESPONSIBLE beyond word" lmao, I was trying to help you, so that you get better performance.

However you're clearly melodramatic.
Refund perfectly good ram???? WHAT THE HELL? Why? Nothing is wrong with it! That IS IRRESPONSIBLE! There's no problem with it. No complaint at all! I never said I have a problem with it and in fact said I'm quite HAPPY with the purchase! Is it unreasonable to see advice to refund a purchase your happy with as hostile? You have no business telling me to refund something I have lodged no complaints about. That can be construed VERY badly against you as cheap marketing tactics. I am happy with my purchase, why are YOU so up on making me refund perfectly good ram I am happy with? Do you see my point here?
Closed Thread