Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Apr 26, 2018, 06:30 PM   #1051
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Powercolor Red Devil Vega 56:

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2018, 06:33 PM   #1052
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Very nice
Old Apr 26, 2018, 08:36 PM   #1053
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Tight.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 26, 2018, 09:28 PM   #1054
Riptide

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Thanks bros. Total power consumption is down about 300-350w over the 1080ti setup I had hashing on phi algo. With cryptonight it is more about memory speed so I suspect that helps a lot there.

Currently testing it trying to figure out the clocks I can get out of these hynix cards. Suspect some will clock close to 945mhz while others are going to be limited to 920-925. Already had two lock up the miner within 15 minutes @ 945 and a two other ones that ran for quite a bit longer.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:59 PM   #1055
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Steady increase in earn rate to about 0.0025 for past 2 days. Aww yes!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 02:09 AM   #1056
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

That AMD rig looks great.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2018, 08:18 AM   #1057
Riptide

Thanks.

Thought I had the stability figured out for a while until I saw that I had invalid shares being submitted. WebUI says "AMD invalid result". Now I'm busy experimenting trying to figure out the limit for each GPU. The hynix memory on these is not as good as samsung.

I like the coolers and the aesthetics on these red devils. If I had to do it over again I would've just spent the extra money on more asus vega64 rog cards just to get the samsung hbm.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Apr 30, 2018, 08:44 AM   #1058
KAC

Not sure why you are bothering yourself this much.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 01:51 PM   #1059
Riptide

It's no bother. This is just as much a hobby as it is an investment. The rig runs without crashing now and has for a while. It isn't quite optimized yet however. And that takes time.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old May 1, 2018, 04:41 AM   #1060
KAC

Consistently making 0.0025 btc/day for past 4 days. Nice.
Old May 2, 2018, 03:21 PM   #1061
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I lost my Z270 motherboard on the afternoon of the 27th; came home to the rig turned off. PSU's tested fine, mobo lights weren't on so I knew. I just got the replacement mobo up running yesterday - same exact board so I don't have to reinstall or reconfigure anything.

I'm going to power down the cards by about 20% and see how long this next one lasts. If it doesn't, I've got a Biostar B250 chipset waiting as backup.
Old May 2, 2018, 09:32 PM   #1062
KAC

Wow. I need to be careful as well. I am not pushing power limits though. Just running 100% for now.
Old May 4, 2018, 12:11 AM   #1063
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Might be the board shiitting itself from too much power draw through 24 pin and pcie slots. The only reason I say that is because I've killed a few boards with 3-way CFX and SLI when oc'ing heavily, and that was the cause. I suppose mining with so many cards could do the same thing.
Old May 4, 2018, 10:52 AM   #1064
curio
𐐒ananaD

^Yup that's my guess; though the independently powered risers should be taking a lot of that load off the motherboard. And I did notice a couple of bent pins on the CPU socket when I took out the processor; guess I wasn't careful enough when I installed it a few months ago.

Either way I don't think these Z270 chipsets were really designed to have that much current flowing through them all the time, I noticed that the B250 boards have more voltage stabilization capacitors than the Z270 does.

Either way, hopefully backing the cards down to 100% will give me more time on this one and if not, B250 next up.
Old May 5, 2018, 11:57 PM   #1065
KAC

Almost there. With 3 months of mining, I would have made about 2000$ (1 BTC = 10K assumption). I think the rate is decent given that within those 3 months, there was first month with moderate earning due to setup issues, 2nd month with very low earning because of Nicehash beta that wouldn't run 8 cards properly. It is only month 3 that system has been up and running. I am even hesitant to do basic windows updates or GeForce driver updates.
Old May 6, 2018, 07:35 PM   #1066
Riptide

So Bitmain is coming out with an ASIC that I think ships in July. This device will render equihash worthless for GPU mining. Whether the major coins like Zcash and Zencash will fork or not is up in the air right now with it looking doubtful for the former especially.

This is not good news. With ASIC dominating eth and now zcash more and more GPU hash is going to be focused onto less and less different projects. In the short term not much changes. In the long term - not good for profitability. I know some people are already thinking about selling their GPU now and either buying ASIC miners to continue on or just get out entirely from mining.

Having switched over to Monero myself barely a month ago. At first it would seem to not be an issue for me. However that isn't the case. Monero is one of the few majors who are willing to fork to prevent this problem. And because of that will be one of the last places for GPU miners to flee. Which will drive up difficulty through the roof.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old May 6, 2018, 11:41 PM   #1067
KAC

I am keeping my shite. This whole doom and gloom story I have heard 3 times in 3 months. Most coins are willing to fork out of ASIC miners and with Nicehash there would always be something worth mining.

I already made 2K w/ this crap. Just need to make 5K before I can say, I can now exit anytime I deem necessary. Should be done by July at the current pace tbh.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:27 AM   #1068
skyguy
Radeon R600

skyguy is still being judged by the masses

So my risers have 6 pin pci express ports, but I don't have enough 6 pins on my Corsair AX1200 to power both the 6 pin on the riser and the videocards. What is the safest way to power the risers and where can I buy that part?

I don't want to use the SATA to power right, since it would overload that wire.
skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 02:26 AM   #1069
KAC

Get molex to 6 pin cables.
Old May 8, 2018, 03:48 AM   #1070
skyguy
Radeon R600

skyguy is still being judged by the masses

Can I use the dual molex to 6 pin pci-e? I can't find those single molex to single 6 pin pcie anywhere.
skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 05:37 AM   #1071
KAC

It is supposed to be dual molex to pci e
Old May 8, 2018, 08:56 PM   #1072
Riptide

Currently dealing with a huge pita right now. The soft power tables I was using with my vega 56 for the last couple weeks just up and quit working. I thought it was the may windows update that caused issues but was wrong. Reinstalled my OS for nothing.

Currently am testing one card at a time to try and figure out which ones are the issue. Very tedious process and also hurts my productivity. Rig has been down for over a day now while I fought this issue.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old May 9, 2018, 12:41 AM   #1073
KAC

Welcome to AMD.
Old May 9, 2018, 07:08 AM   #1074
Riptide

Well on the bright side - brushing up on my troubleshooting skills lol

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old May 12, 2018, 10:23 PM   #1075
KAC

So the tally from 10th Feb to 10th May was 2032 bucks. (1 BTC = 10K). Not bad. I think I will continue this for the year. Would be great to receive about 8-9K by the end of the year to put as a downpayment for a car or a vacation.

My target is about 5K by July end and if that happens then I am golden. It is not like any new graphics cards are coming out till Q4 2018.
Old May 12, 2018, 11:40 PM   #1076
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So the tally from 10th Feb to 10th May was 2032 bucks. (1 BTC = 10K). Not bad. I think I will continue this for the year. Would be great to receive about 8-9K by the end of the year to put as a downpayment for a car or a vacation.

My target is about 5K by July end and if that happens then I am golden. It is not like any new graphics cards are coming out till Q4 2018.
Before or after you pay off the cost of the hardware and electricity?

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2018, 12:50 AM   #1077
KAC

Nope gross. Electricity to be honest is not a real concern. It is about 100 per month and would have been there even if I didn’t have this.
Old May 13, 2018, 11:58 PM   #1078
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Nope gross. Electricity to be honest is not a real concern. It is about 100 per month and would have been there even if I didn’t have this.
Isn't you guys electrical costs fixed for the most part?
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2018, 03:21 AM   #1079
KAC

Nope variable.
Old May 15, 2018, 08:36 AM   #1080
curio
𐐒ananaD

Guys this isn't the place for you to troll others

This is a warning to all of you who's only purpose here seems to be either making it personal with others or making fun of others; this needs to stop