Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Apr 4, 2022, 08:05 PM   #2461
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Anytime you ever sell anything on the Internet:
Buyer: Are those three 3070s still available
KAC: yes. $xxxx.xx firm
Buyer: Will you take $xxxx.xx /2 ?
KAC:. No price is firm!
Buyer: okay I'll be by in an hour
3 days later.....
Same buyer: is it still available? Will you take $xxxx.xx /4 ?
Can you deliver to my house? I'm a student and can't afford your high price. Plz k thx starving student don't have much money k thx bye

Why not just wait for 4090 if even the 4070 are supposed to be as fast as current 3090ti?
Old Apr 4, 2022, 08:18 PM   #2462
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

No I am getting rid of mining cards. 4070 as fast as 3090 Ti seems to be a stretch but let’s see. They have had 2 years to dick around so possible.

And that seems like what is happening. He keeps pushing the date out. I am entertaining because the other buyers keep telling me how card prices are falling.

I hate selling stuff. Too much work.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:26 AM   #2463
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Sold 3 3070s to a Russian gay for 3 Gs. Dope.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 7, 2022, 08:04 PM   #2464
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Good stuff especially since they made you $.

A few decent announcements at Bitcoin conference in Miami.
Madeira adopts bitcoin
https://cryptonews.com/news/honduras...h-sign-too.htm

Jack Mallers strike announcement
https://www.coindesk.com/business/20...ning-payments/
Old Apr 7, 2022, 08:43 PM   #2465
KAC

Yeah I doubled my money and more. Basically bought cards. Mined on them. Sold them at full price of purchase. Can’t complain.

$3000 -> $6500. Wasn’t gonna get caught up again with my pants down like last time.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 11:31 AM   #2466
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Yeah I noticed the same. I could sell all cards for what I bought them for. I'ma keep mining though.

They mined 3x their value + the crypto I bought went up even more.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 07:48 PM   #2467
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Think I'm done with alts for now, will stick to holding BTC I get from mining. Don't see this market going up for a few months atleast
Old Apr 15, 2022, 07:49 PM   #2468
KAC

Great time I sold my cards. Same shizzle is going for 200 less (around 750-800). I sold for 1000 each.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 07:53 PM   #2469
KAC

Is POS still happening in June?
Old Apr 17, 2022, 07:58 PM   #2470
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

No. Been delayed again. For a few more months I guess. They haven't put a date on it yet.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2022, 08:01 PM   #2471
KAC

Seems like a bad deal to sell off those cards. Such unreliable pieces of shite.
Would be a bitch to find non LHR cards.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 07:57 AM   #2472
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ya as expected eth PoS pushed back yet again.
All my cards are full Hashrate. Still chugging along. Since I basically trade for alts I'm actually getting a better deal now that the market is down. I just hope it doesn't go much lower.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 08:32 AM   #2473
Riptide

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Latest version of t-rex seems to be doing pretty well with LHR cards from what I've read. Might be worth looking into.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:04 AM   #2474
KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Latest version of t-rex seems to be doing pretty well with LHR cards from what I've read. Might be worth looking into.
I did, it doesn't work for me for some reason. Been scouring the internet for guides but nothing so far. Unless you do dual mining which will be a bitch as well.

Right now just running Nicehash Quickminer and getting 62 MH/s on my 3080 LHR.

Tried everything with people claiming they are hitting 80 MH/s but didn't work for me. Apparently there might be a new miner locking mechanism which only new version of Quickminer managed to bypass. If you know how to mine LHR in windows let me know.

This video shows that I am already doing best I can with the card since apparently the 3080 12 G is locked lower on hashrate than the 10 G LHR cards.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 08:15 AM   #2475
Riptide

Yah I'm still on 25.8 since I have no reason to update. Not dual mining or running an LHR card.

I haven't bought a card for mining in months now. Just going to continue with what I have until the merge. No further expansion. Rewards will continue to taper off because for whatever reason network difficulty is still going up even though we're on the tail end of this thing.

I mine and hold eth so ROI isn't that big of an issue to me. If I were trying to get ROI on this equipment though I'd have maybe half my cards paid for at this point. The rest won't be paid off even if we are able to mine into September/October.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:36 AM   #2476
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

I have 14 cards and they've all paid for themselves few times over. Might just be because the crypto I invested in exploded. Some failed.

There was a certain version of Nvidia drivers that was leaked which gave LHR cards a bit more Hashrate. Did you try those drivers?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:41 AM   #2477
KAC

Which ones. I can’t find anything.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 09:54 PM   #2478
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Google showing me jack now. Some months back one of the Nvidia drivers unlocked the cards but I think it was only the 3060? Either way no good for you now.

Nvidia released the driver out by mistake.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 09:58 PM   #2479
KAC

Yeah the quick miner works well. It’s basically mining 3070 speeds at 190 watts. 70 over the 3070 but it will do. Gaming upgrade was worth it to me.

Plus I don’t have to mess with clock speeds and crap on AB. It just does everything auto magically.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 06:35 PM   #2480
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

It took 6 months but my helium miner has finally paid itself off.
Had I received it the day I ordered it, I'd be rich now instead.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 06:55 PM   #2481
KAC

Everything is going down.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 04:18 PM   #2482
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Inflation, war. Everything is down. Eventually we will go back up. When is the question
Old Apr 23, 2022, 07:04 PM   #2483
KAC

Old Apr 24, 2022, 06:28 AM   #2484
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

100k per coin yet?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 06:59 AM   #2485
KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
100k per coin yet?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 07:39 AM   #2486
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Supply keeps dwindling so eventually price can only keep going up. Until then stack sats and other good projects. Wait. Rejoice!
Old Apr 30, 2022, 02:50 PM   #2487
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Weeeeee it's a race to the bottom. Prices are starting to look appetizing. Wonder how much lower we're going to go
Old May 2, 2022, 08:26 AM   #2488
Riptide

In a couple weeks if they don't kick the difficulty bomb can down the road rewards on eth are going to start heading downhill even faster.

Are the biscuit wheels about to fall off this gravy train? Stay tuned.

I already have my merge backup plan ready to go. Shut off both rigs and let the dust settle. Pretty simple. If I want to mine some alt then I can test those waters with the desktop computer. I expect it to cost more in electricity than it is worth to mine as soon as eth is done and probably stay that way for a while.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old May 2, 2022, 11:33 AM   #2489
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

The difficulty bomb would need to be kicked down the road otherwise who is going to secure their network.

What a time to accumulate alts. This is where the real money will be made once things kick off again in who knows how many months
Old May 2, 2022, 11:44 AM   #2490
KAC

Which alts you gays boning?