Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 7, 2003, 11:33 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Frog
Bah

Frog is still being judged by the masses

Default Anyone have a root canal done before?

I've got about 2 hours before I need to go in and get a root canal done. Anyone here had one recently? By recently I mean within the last couple of years...

My mouth is in a lot of pain right now, so I'm kinda looking forward to it, because I've been told the pain will be far less, but then again, I've been told they numb your mouth, and their numbing never works right on me, so I might be in for a lot of pain.
Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2003, 11:36 AM   #2
Hikari

Hikari is still being judged by the masses

I've had a root canal...

Things to know. MAKE IT NUMB! If you feel pain, something is wrong, I'm serious. Everyone things they are like SOOOO horrible, but if you get enough novacaine (and they get a main nerve, they need to block one of the nerves...), it won't hurt, I swear. I didn't feel any pain, although it's not a fun experience anyway.

I'm really sensitive to pain, too, ok.... So it's possible for you to not feel any. The key is they need to BLOCK a nerve, not just numb the area.

It might hurt later though, vicodin works better than tylenol 3...
Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2003, 11:40 AM   #3
NYHecK
Bad motha-shut yo mouth!™

NYHecK is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

yeah i had a root canal. and like Hikari says...if you feel pain there is something wrong. Hell, if you feel anything at all there is something wrong. Let the Doc know that you need more of that numbing ****. The Doc had to stick like 4 needles in my gums to get it completely numb and painless. But other than that, it's a very simple procedure. I would have fallen asleep if it wasent for the fact that my mouth was wide open and they were shaking my head around...
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 7, 2003, 11:45 AM   #4
Frog
Bah

Which tooth did you guys have it done in?

I'm getting it done in one of the front incisors.
Old Jan 7, 2003, 11:51 AM   #5
NYHecK

Subscriber

i got mine done on the last tooth on the bottom row on the left before the wisdom tooth. The chewing tooth. I dunno the proper medical term.
Old Jan 7, 2003, 11:51 AM   #6
Hikari

Hikari is still being judged by the masses

One of the back molars here....omg, the root on that thing went down so far they doc is like "I hope I have something that goes down deep enough". LOL!

You'll be ok
Quote:
Originally posted by Frog
Which tooth did you guys have it done in?

I'm getting it done in one of the front incisors.
Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2003, 11:52 AM   #7
Microsoft
Banned

Microsoft is still being judged by the masses

sticking lots of big needles into your mouth.

then the drill into the center and you feel it when the dig out the nerve
Microsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2003, 12:08 PM   #8
Yohan
Radeon R300

Yohan is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs up

Yeah, I had 3 molars that I had root canals on, and like the others say, you actually dont feel any pain at all, if they are frozen properly. They didn't really hurt afterwards either as there is no nerve left. Just the tissue surrounding the tooth is left a little sensitive afterwards.

No problem!!!!
Yohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2003, 12:38 PM   #9
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally posted by Yohan
Yeah, I had 3 molars that I had root canals on, and like the others say, you actually dont feel any pain at all, if they are frozen properly. They didn't really hurt afterwards either as there is no nerve left. Just the tissue surrounding the tooth is left a little sensitive afterwards.

No problem!!!!
OMG. I had an a molar flare up while on a business trip once. I got the full infection with fever and tons of pain. I had to fly across country in total agony. The root canal was like a relief when I finally made it home. The doctor said I was 24 hours away from the emergency room. So, don't fear the root canal. Fear not having one!!!
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2003, 12:39 PM   #10
Mohan
:cute:

Mohan is still being judged by the masses

Yohan??.............
Old Jan 7, 2003, 12:59 PM   #11
Frog
Bah

1 hour to go... I'm not really afraid... like I said, I'm kinda looking forward to it to get rid of the pain, I'm just worried they're going to use the standard anesthetic, which never works very well on me. To be honest, I've been dealing with the pain for far too long, and I'm tired of it.
Old Jan 7, 2003, 01:02 PM   #12
hobs0n
Radeon Arctic Islands

hobs0n is still being judged by the masses

Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body
hobs0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2003, 01:03 PM   #13
NYHecK

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Frog
1 hour to go... I'm not really afraid... like I said, I'm kinda looking forward to it to get rid of the pain, I'm just worried they're going to use the standard anesthetic, which never works very well on me. To be honest, I've been dealing with the pain for far too long, and I'm tired of it.
Yeah the pain was extruciating for me before i went. I had the nerve exposed to everytime i breathed through my mouth or ate it would hurt like hell. I couldnt sleep at night either because of the pain.
Old Jan 7, 2003, 01:17 PM   #14
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally posted by NYHecK
Yeah the pain was extruciating for me before i went. I had the nerve exposed to everytime i breathed through my mouth or ate it would hurt like hell. I couldnt sleep at night either because of the pain.
Try 28,000 feet high in a crowded airplane! I had to do my best not to go postal on everyone and make the 5:00 o'clock news. But, I do have to brag a bit. During the trip, and all the pain, I had a very important presentation to give to a big room of 30 executives. (The pressure filled kind). Minutes before I was to go on I felt horrible pain and was starting to get sick to my stomach. I thought this I was going to choke big time. But, once the spotlight came on it all cleared up and I was up there talking like nothing was wrong at all. After that I realized I do have an A game after all.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote