Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 23, 2021, 06:20 AM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Nah, its raytracing ONLY.
Yeah, figured it out. Somehow I think it's not stated clear enough, I had to search for the info on the web, Steam minimum specs on the EE store page report specs for regular version, kinda confusing if you ask me.

Oh well 8 hrs dloading for nothing.
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2021, 07:17 AM   #122
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

NVM, forgot about the EGS part, the steam page has the info, but EGS page fail to mention it

Last edited by Mangler : May 23, 2021 at 07:34 AM.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2021, 07:22 AM   #123
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
Yeah, figured it out. Somehow I think it's not stated clear enough, I had to search for the info on the web, Steam minimum specs on the EE store page report specs for regular version, kinda confusing if you ask me.

Oh well 8 hrs dloading for nothing.
If the store page says that, thats entirely on the publisher, they control the page. Get your refund. That's pretty bad of them.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 23, 2021, 05:40 PM   #124
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Got it on EGS for 6€, fortunately the standard edition is included in the package. I’ll just have to be home and find another 8hrs to re-download the whole thing
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2021, 12:09 PM   #125
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Well that ending sucked. I can't figure out if I won or lost.
Old May 25, 2021, 05:10 PM   #126
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGRUNT View Post
Well that ending sucked. I can't figure out if I won or lost.
You got the Russian ending? You played it right then. 😉

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2021, 03:26 PM   #127
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Definitely looks better. Much smoother too due to DLSS2.1.

Nothing better than watching my card slap it's 450watt power limit continuously though.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2021, 06:42 PM   #128
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Definitely looks better. Much smoother too due to DLSS2.1.

Nothing better than watching my card slap it's 450watt power limit continuously though.
This and Cyberpunk should do it. Get those tensor cores nice and hot.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2021, 07:18 PM   #129
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Unfortunately nothing fixes being a boring game, which is what Metro Exodus is to me. I've tried so many times to get into it but it just doesn't do what the first two did for me.

I lasted 30min and closed it up. Back to Hell Let Loose.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jun 14, 2021, 08:39 PM   #130
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Thumbs down

Me too, I uninstalled it on the weekend after giving it another try. Bring on Stalker 2.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 09:45 PM   #131
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

How far did you guys get? I also found it a bit boring in the first few levels but later on it really started to grow on me. It starts to get really immersive with some nice scenery and exploration later on, and I found the set pieces for fire fights were well designed. Also gets better when you fully upgrade some weapons. What I love most is the combat is weighty and has a good sense of realism.

At least play through the Volga level if you haven't already. Its no STALKER but I'd say its the closest thing we've gotten since the last STALKER game.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:26 PM   #132
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Nunz and demo have 180 degree preferences to mine so I usually have to tamper what they say. Actually if they don’t like something it is best that I definitely try it because I end up having a blast with it. Same with Hapa. I think he still plays WoW on whatever 2XXX peasant series card he is running right now.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2021, 03:04 AM   #133
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

You should stick to console KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
How far did you guys get? I also found it a bit boring in the first few levels but later on it really started to grow on me. It starts to get really immersive with some nice scenery and exploration later on, and I found the set pieces for fire fights were well designed. Also gets better when you fully upgrade some weapons. What I love most is the combat is weighty and has a good sense of realism.

At least play through the Volga level if you haven't already. Its no STALKER but I'd say its the closest thing we've gotten since the last STALKER game.

Too many QTE's and cut scenes for my liking, plus I'm not a fan of the UI or mechanics. Pretty linear too.

Like you said, it's no STALKER and that's all I can keep thinking of when I play Metro.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 07:50 AM   #134
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
You should stick to console KAC

Too many QTE's and cut scenes for my liking, plus I'm not a fan of the UI or mechanics. Pretty linear too.

Like you said, it's no STALKER and that's all I can keep thinking of when I play Metro.
Well that's cool, too each their own of course.

You are into more twitchy multi player fps, right? As far as single player story driven fps i found this game to be among the best we've seen lately.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 08:30 AM   #135
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I love a great single-player story-driven game. Metro Exodus just isn’t good at it. Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light were far superior, or maybe my tastes changed over time. I don’t know.

Either way, if the game requires you to slog through the first couple levels to finally enjoy it, then it’s probably not a very good game. I’m tired of the same first couple levels as I keep having to restart too, which just makes it worse.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 08:49 AM   #136
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Understandable. I also hate it when games are slow to start then get better later. That's a pacing issue. I did also feel the beginning levels were slow but I enjoyed the atmosphere well enough to stick with it.

Its too bad that a slow start deters so many people from experiencing an otherwise really good game. Hopefully they improve that with their next game.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 09:04 AM   #137
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

a lot of games suffer from that issue, sometimes you put these game on a backlog and play them later again and suddenly enjoy them, but more often you just forget about them which is, in some cases, really sad becouse you miss out on some gems. It's also why i rarely delete games which i haven't completed yet.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2021, 09:20 PM   #138
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Bought Exodus on latest GoG sale. I'm not a fan of Metro's particular brand of post apocalypse, never liked the design of monsters that much and the slightly fantasyish feel. Like said above, give me Stalker or even Fallout over it. Not saying it's bad or sth just not my preference, maybe I just need to read the book. Still Last Light was really good to play, dense and intense.

Also, it sure is original, and a really strong point was the claustrophobic mood with the super hostile outside. Shame they straight ditched it for this one and kind of ruined it heh.

Anyway, I kind of never liked it in videos, and personal contact didn't really change it. Might be because of the mentioned shift in mood. The graphics has its insane moments, especialy lighting (obviously heh) but there's a lot of low res crap, not sure if all the clutter was worth it tbh. Also RT maks it look, IDK, too pleasant at times? Have to check the good old fake raster ver. to compare.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2021, 09:38 PM   #139
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2021, 05:42 AM   #140
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Elaborate heh

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 05:49 AM   #141
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziklitschli View Post
I'm not a fan of Metro's particular brand of post apocalypse, never liked the design of monsters that much and the slightly fantasyish feel.
Great description, that's how I feel too.

I think it could have been fantastic but it just misses the mark in so many areas for me.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 05:19 PM   #142
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Exodus, in particular, I understand that you can't do the same thing forever. But it went from the chokey death in the icy gutter, to sunny train rides with wife. Just not what I'd expect from it really.

I can imagine a game where you have entire Moscow to roam, but have to make strategic decisions about how much oxygen you take etc, where emergency going down is an entire new game to return to base etc. Not realistic ofc to make, they're too big atm, just sth more in line with what they've done before.

Doesn't mean it's bad ofc, just seems to have lost sth.

Garth Merenghi quotes