Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Software
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Software Anything software that is not operating system related goes here. Talk about the latest applications or discuss betas of upcoming products.

Old Jan 15, 2003, 10:26 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Firestorm_ATI
Pass the ammunition

Firestorm_ATI is still being judged by the masses

Question Best IRC program or at least a tutorial?

Can't stand Kazaa, but I can't figure out mIRC for the life of me. Can't remember the commands, can't find good servers, ... any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Jan 15, 2003, 04:25 PM   #2
infowar
Banned

infowar is still being judged by the masses

http://www.irchelp.org/
this site seems to have alot of information.
im pretty sure mirc is the most user friendly client. there is one script to make it have a search bar and work like kazaa, but i hear it doesnt work well. i have used ZinoZ Fserve Downloader script and it is very efficient if you just want to use mirc for piracy. i have been on irc almost a decade now and dont remember how i learned to use it. i dont really agree that its a good alternative to kazaa for the average person, but the content is deffinately there. just go on any of the larger networks ( criten, undernet, dal, efnet) get a channel list (4th button from the left with the globe and the list press "get list")
then fill in the "match text" area with whatever you are looking for (warez, games, pass, xxx, dreamcast, mp3. movies, etc) amd press "apply" (you may want to check "match text in topics" if you want more results.) i donno im just waking up and checking on my downloads = ) hope any of that helps you.
infowar is offline   Reply With Quote