Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 13, 2020, 10:49 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

This feels like a lawsuit waiting to happen
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2020, 02:30 PM   #32
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

So...they banned the guys account because "reasons", won't tell him why they banned it, and said their decision is permanent? Even worse, they threaten if he is to dare try and attach his link to another facebook account, they will ban that one too? Now he has a $300+ brick.

No, never buying one of these.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2020, 05:26 PM   #33
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comm..._been_disabled

Really do not recommend giving FB money.
yup, I hate FB and think zuckerberg is a lying/cheating scumbag... but I want my Quest 2... I'm weak...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 13, 2020, 07:47 PM   #34
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

I gotta imagine FB will end up changing this as the level of security and BS that goes along with a regular FB account is not worth the hassle vs an Oculus account. It will hurt sales, the bad press is already starting and the potential law suites will not be worth it for them to try and keep this a thing.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2020, 08:01 PM   #35
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
I gotta imagine FB will end up changing this as the level of security and BS that goes along with a regular FB account is not worth the hassle vs an Oculus account. It will hurt sales, the bad press is already starting and the potential law suites will not be worth it for them to try and keep this a thing.
lol, yeah this bad publicity would probably have FB wanting to buy these people off quickly and make this go away, could be a cash cow for them if they played it right... if they played it out in the media could definitely hurt FB long term, even without people knowing all the facts...
Old Oct 14, 2020, 12:01 PM   #36
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
For our new Oculus Quest 2 users Link'in it up with USB3... If you have a good GPU w/ fast video encode, you can set "Encode Width" in OculusDebugTool to ~3664.

Then push app-pixel-density as you see fit.

We'll eventually be making these and other settings automagic.
https://twitter.com/volgaksoy/status...43051791015936
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2020, 01:26 PM   #37
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I thought I knew stuff, but I guess I don't know enough. Can someone explain to me what that means?
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2020, 02:20 PM   #38
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Virtual Desktop works amazingly well at 150mpbs and 90hz .
Old Oct 14, 2020, 04:32 PM   #39
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

This is coming from somebody with a facebook account.

As much as I'd like to get into the VR market, the Rift 2 is not an option because of the facebook requirement. I cannot risk paying $400 for something and then have it one day become useless due to a social media account closing or being shut down for any number of arbitrary reasons.

If they ever change it to facebook being not required, then I may try one. Until then (if ever) I'll just wait a few more years for the prices of others to come down.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Old Oct 14, 2020, 05:09 PM   #40
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
This is coming from somebody with a facebook account.

As much as I'd like to get into the VR market, the Rift 2 is not an option because of the facebook requirement. I cannot risk paying $400 for something and then have it one day become useless due to a social media account closing or being shut down for any number of arbitrary reasons.

If they ever change it to facebook being not required, then I may try one. Until then (if ever) I'll just wait a few more years for the prices of others to come down.
I think the odds of it happening to you are very low probably less than the odds of being struck by lightening, so for me I'm just jumping in now to enjoy the ride as the probability of this happening (in my opinion) is so low.

just my 2 cents,

V
Old Oct 14, 2020, 06:54 PM   #41
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
I think the odds of it happening to you are very low probably less than the odds of being struck by lightening, so for me I'm just jumping in now to enjoy the ride as the probability of this happening (in my opinion) is so low.

just my 2 cents,

V
I think the odds of getting struck by lightning are considerably lower than being banned from facebook, but I just don't think it's a good idea having your entire VR experience reliant upon a social media account. But that's just for me, not telling you not to do it yourself.

~George Carlin

Old Oct 14, 2020, 07:02 PM   #42
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

More bans, whole list of them.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest...fyi/?context=3
https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest...in_10_minutes/

Really great forcing shitbook to play VR.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2020, 11:24 PM   #43
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
More bans, whole list of them.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest...fyi/?context=3
https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest...in_10_minutes/

Really great forcing shitbook to play VR.
Yeah...not going to do that, nope.

~George Carlin

Old Oct 16, 2020, 04:31 PM   #44
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

I'm loving my Quest2. Still can't get Virtual Desktop to run smooth, even with the wifi6 support.

It's different though. Whereas it was an uneven stutter-fest on my Quest1, the Quest2 feels much more consistent... it's like it's running at a much lower framerate, although no inconsistent stutters. I'll keep playing with the settings, and maybe eventually I'll get it working properly.

Oculus Link over my usb3.0 cable is great though. Looking forward to when they improve it even further.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2020, 04:51 PM   #45
SirBaron

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Strange, I get no problems with Virtual Desktop. You connect by 5GHZ right?

Maybe it's your GPU causing issues? No idea.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 05:13 PM   #46
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

My Quest 2 just arrived and I played some Half-Life Alyx. Looks amazing! Honestly, other than all the Facebook controversy, I like most of what I see. The controllers feel good, the headset is way lighter, the strap holds it on my face fine. Only real negative is the fan on the device is a bit louder than I like, so will probably play with headphones whenever possible (that's more immersive anyway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I'm loving my Quest2. Still can't get Virtual Desktop to run smooth, even with the wifi6 support.

It's different though. Whereas it was an uneven stutter-fest on my Quest1, the Quest2 feels much more consistent... it's like it's running at a much lower framerate, although no inconsistent stutters. I'll keep playing with the settings, and maybe eventually I'll get it working properly.

Oculus Link over my usb3.0 cable is great though. Looking forward to when they improve it even further.
So I just played Alyx for an hour with Virtual Desktop and zero problems. My best guess is that your WiFi is not maximized for proper throughput. Things you should check:

Make sure that the signal your Quest 2 is connecting to is a 5Ghz signal and not a 2.4Ghz signal. The latter is just not fast enough for Wifi. Also make sure you're using a 40Mhz wide channel and not 20Mhz wide. Same as above, you're losing significant bandwidth.

If both of those are set correctly, the only other things I can think of are interference (get a scanner app for your phone or something to see what channels are the busiest and see if you can move to a less crowded channel) and distance (I find that my signal degrades over distance). I play about a room over from my PC and it's fine.

Good luck!
Old Oct 16, 2020, 06:11 PM   #47
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Strange, I get no problems with Virtual Desktop. You connect by 5GHZ right?

Maybe it's your GPU causing issues? No idea.
I've considered that. My GPU had issues early on for Link, but they were resolved with a driver update. I don't do much on my PC that taxes the GPU, so I'd hate to have to buy a new one just for this.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Oct 16, 2020, 06:13 PM   #48
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
My Quest 2 just arrived and I played some Half-Life Alyx. Looks amazing! Honestly, other than all the Facebook controversy, I like most of what I see. The controllers feel good, the headset is way lighter, the strap holds it on my face fine. Only real negative is the fan on the device is a bit louder than I like, so will probably play with headphones whenever possible (that's more immersive anyway).

So I just played Alyx for an hour with Virtual Desktop and zero problems. My best guess is that your WiFi is not maximized for proper throughput. Things you should check:

Make sure that the signal your Quest 2 is connecting to is a 5Ghz signal and not a 2.4Ghz signal. The latter is just not fast enough for Wifi. Also make sure you're using a 40Mhz wide channel and not 20Mhz wide. Same as above, you're losing significant bandwidth.

If both of those are set correctly, the only other things I can think of are interference (get a scanner app for your phone or something to see what channels are the busiest and see if you can move to a less crowded channel) and distance (I find that my signal degrades over distance). I play about a room over from my PC and it's fine.

Good luck!
Yup, I'm on 5ghz with a 40mhz channel, and it says I'm getting 840mps or whatever. Running a dedicated wifi6 router just for VR.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Oct 16, 2020, 06:37 PM   #49
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Yup, I'm on 5ghz with a 40mhz channel, and it says I'm getting 840mps or whatever. Running a dedicated wifi6 router just for VR.
Weird! That sounds like a perfect setup. Not sure why you're having trouble...
Old Oct 17, 2020, 01:50 AM   #50
SirBaron

Odd my quest 2 is silent, no fan noise at all.

You tried both Codecs to see if it runs any better, or sliced encoding?

At 90hz and 90mbps I get about 30ms latency in vr mode connected to my crappy repeater which im about to upgrade.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 03:11 PM   #51
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Odd my quest 2 is silent, no fan noise at all.

You tried both Codecs to see if it runs any better, or sliced encoding?

At 90hz and 90mbps I get about 30ms latency in vr mode connected to my crappy repeater which im about to upgrade.
I haven't really played with any of the settings, so maybe I'll take a look. What about the 90hz warnings? You see any problems?

Played some Squadrons last night and it's like night and day compared to Quest 1. It looked so crisp and I could see all the ships and details out the window and had no problem finding and targeting enemies. Much improved!

That said, I did go back to my Quest 1 when my kids were on the 2 and played some Beat Saber. For games like that, the originally still looks just fine. For PC games, though, the higher resolution is a must have.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 03:18 PM   #52
SirBaron

90Hz runs fine on all ingame apps and virtual desktop soooo much smoother, only with link it doesn't work.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 05:02 PM   #53
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
90Hz runs fine on all ingame apps and virtual desktop soooo much smoother, only with link it doesn't work.
Bah. Who uses link? I'll definitely give that a try.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 11:48 PM   #54
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Do you have to do anything special to enable 90hz, or just select it from the virtual desktop settings?

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Oct 18, 2020, 01:05 AM   #55
SirBaron

Quote:
Do you have to do anything special to enable 90hz, or just select it from the virtual desktop settings?
You need to run a command via ADB to enable it in quest, so that it runs 90hz on all apps.

Or download sidequest go to settings and click 90hz, then turn off and on the screen again.

The 90hz will then work in all apps within Quest, just LINK will no longer work until you reset your headset.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 09:16 AM   #56
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
On an RTX 2070 with a USB 3 connection and Quest 2, the result was essentially indistinguishable from a “real” PC headset, at least over 15 minutes of testing. We should note that Link’s USB connection is still limited to a 72 Hz frame rate for now, but when using the new feature at the maximum allowable bitrate, compression artifacts seemed to become negligible.

Until now the bitrate was set by Facebook. Back in May, consulting CTO John Carmack revealed it to be “about 150 Mbps”. There’s no indication that changed with Quest 2’s launch.

Now you can set bitrate yourself using the Oculus Debug Tool (ODT). This can be found in the oculus-diagnostics subfolder of the Support folder of your Oculus software directory.

By default, this should be C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics.

As with Encode Resolution, 0 means the default will be used- though Facebook doesn’t tell you what the default is.

Link works on both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0. With an RTX 2070, we found USB 2 started stuttering beyond 150 Mbps.

On USB 3, using the official Oculus Link Cable, we were able to set bitrate to the maximum allowed 500 Mbps. Starting at around 350 Mbps, it became essentially impossible to even notice I was looking at a compressed image. If you test this out, please let us know in the comments what compression artifacts you see after boosting the bitrate setting. I found that in Google Earth at the highest settings, the stars appeared to be distinct points whereas the compression was pretty apparent before.
https://uploadvr.com/oculus-link-set-bitrate-update/

Sounds like it might be worth buying a link cable for those games where you don't move around a lot.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2020, 12:37 AM   #57
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

So the newest version of Virtual Desktop comes with an in-game performance dashboard. I've been using it to try to figure out why my virtual desktop gaming is still so stuttery.

Good news is the update does seem to have some pretty good performance improvements, so now I can run games like Lucky's Tale with practically no stuttering at all. But I'm still getting occasional stutters on more graphically intensive games, and Robo Recall is still a disaster.

The in-game dashboard breaks latency down by several categories, so you can see how long it takes the game to render, how long the encoding takes, how long the network takes, etc. Network latency is maybe 9ms. Encoding is 8-10ms.

However, the game rendering often tips above 16ms, so that seems to be the culprit. Actually, Robo Recall is anywhere between 30-68 fps, which explains why it's so bad. My computer seems like it should be fine though. I'm rockin' an RX 580, which should be enough for Robo Recall, right?

Also, Robo Recall plays perfectly smoothly over Link... although looks alot worse. Maybe it's rendering at a lower resolution when I play over Link, but somehow rendering at a higher resolution when I play over Virtual Desktop? Doesn't make much sense, but that's the closest theory I've got right now.

------

edit -- I went back into robo recall in virtual desktop and adjusted the resolution settings to the lowest level, and actually that seems to mostly solve it. Framerate is now close to 90 all the time, and the game feels much smoother. Not sure why it's different between Link and VD though.

Looks like I need to upgrade my gpu so I can get better performance at higher resolutions.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt

Last edited by SubCog : Nov 22, 2020 at 12:49 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 12:50 AM   #58
SirBaron

I've been playing games at 100mbps at 90fps high resolution with no problem, with the new update it's even better. Playing Beat Saber expert songs with no noticable latency.

Are you playing with Quest or Quest 2? Also what is your LINK settings set at?

Don't forget while Robo Recall etc are not Crysis demanding titles, they still have to render at high resoltions, and 2x rendering, one image per eye.

RX 580 is roughly 20% faster than a GTX 970.

Oculus Quest 2 with a resolution of 1832x1920 pixels per eye. That totals a nearly 4K resolution when combined. Comparatively, the Oculus Quest's PenTile OLED display featured a resolution of 1440x1600 pixels per eye.

So you have to imagine, how well does my GPU handle almost 4k worth of pixels in other games?

Oculus Link I have set it to 500mbps, 3920x1984 resolution and 90hz. Half Life Alyx looks great.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 01:03 AM   #59
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I've been playing games at 100mbps at 90fps high resolution with no problem, with the new update it's even better. Playing Beat Saber expert songs with no noticable latency.

Are you playing with Quest or Quest 2? Also what is your LINK settings set at?

Don't forget while Robo Recall etc are not Crysis demanding titles, they still have to render at high resoltions, and 2x rendering, one image per eye.

RX 580 is roughly 20% faster than a GTX 970.

Oculus Quest 2 with a resolution of 1832x1920 pixels per eye. That totals a nearly 4K resolution when combined. Comparatively, the Oculus Quest's PenTile OLED display featured a resolution of 1440x1600 pixels per eye.

So you have to imagine, how well does my GPU handle almost 4k worth of pixels in other games?

Oculus Link I have set it to 500mbps, 3920x1984 resolution and 90hz. Half Life Alyx looks great.
I'm running a Quest2 (although I also have a Quest1, which maybe I'll experiement with a bit more too). The oculus app has me set to 72hz, 3104x1584. Where can I set the mbps?

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Nov 22, 2020, 01:06 AM   #60
SirBaron

Quote:
I'm running a Quest2 (although I also have a Quest1, which maybe I'll experiement with a bit more too). The oculus app has me set to 72hz, 3104x1584. Where can I set the mbps?
Go to the support folder.

F:\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics is where mine is.

open OculusDebugTool.exe and then set the bitrate to anywhere from 0-500.

People usually say that 350 onwards is near impossible to tell if it's compressed or not.