Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Feb 24, 2021, 11:04 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Default Datavac duster or something else?

Looking at getting an air duster and was wondering what people recommend.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 11:45 AM   #2
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
Looking at getting an air duster and was wondering what people recommend.

https://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-...4188664&sr=8-3

Ive been using one of those for like a decade and it works perfect and blows everything away

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2021, 11:47 AM   #3
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

At that price I guess I keep destroying the ozone!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 24, 2021, 11:50 AM   #4
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
At that price I guess I keep destroying the ozone!

I think I paid for 40 bucks for the one I have but its the same. Prices have definitely gone up since then. I suppose if you look around you might find a cheaper place.

Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:03 PM   #5
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I have that one and the ESD vacuum.

The blower is good. I used it to blow leaves outside.

The vacuum is worthless for the small areas, despite the small attachments due to loss/leakage and airflow inhibiting design where some attachments in line closer to the vac are smaller than the ones towards what you're cleaning. It's good for cleaning out dust filters and the outside of the case (USB connectors, I/O plate, etc.).
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:06 PM   #6
logical
What is my purpose?

Havent had many issues with it. There arent many small areas in my case because the wires are cleaned up pretty well but the attachment(long thin one) worked well for those for me. But without the attachment it will do 95% of the work.Paid for itself many times over by not having to buy canned air.

Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:55 PM   #7
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I think I paid for 40 bucks for the one I have but its the same. Prices have definitely gone up since then. I suppose if you look around you might find a cheaper place.
Same, they have doubled in price since I bought mine years ago.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2021, 02:01 PM   #8
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

The price evens out over time anyway. My dad has had one for years; I think Hapa was the one who told me about it a long time ago.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2021, 02:12 PM   #9
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Havent had many issues with it. There arent many small areas in my case because the wires are cleaned up pretty well but the attachment(long thin one) worked well for those for me. But without the attachment it will do 95% of the work.Paid for itself many times over by not having to buy canned air.
I was talking about the vacuum re: the small attachments being useless: https://www.newegg.com/metrovac-117-...82E16896329007
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2021, 04:37 PM   #10
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

I just use an air compressor and blow out my electronics.

Anything needing vacuumed I use the Dyson cordless vac.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2021, 02:57 AM   #11
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled with

Definitely worth it. I've has mine for about 8 years and it's cleaned the dust in my PC's, laptops, and receivers many a time over. Air cans are ****
Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 512GB Samsung 860 EVO | 4TB WDC Black | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 500GB SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2021, 09:00 PM   #12
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Yeah air compressor out in the garage works the best.

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2021, 09:02 PM   #13
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
I use that when my PC looks like KACs too...
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2021, 09:11 PM   #14
Evileh

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
I use that when my PC looks like KACs too...
You have to blow away the rgb ghey?

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Mar 2, 2021, 12:58 PM   #15
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Careful with those, some people have damaged their comps by using too much pressure lol.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2021, 01:52 PM   #16
Loser-P
Radeon HD 4850

Loser-P can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLoser-P can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Even with the datavac you've got to be a little careful and hold your fans in place. I've heard you can spin them so fast that it burns out the bearing.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 03:19 PM   #17
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2021, 04:07 AM   #18
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

20V Lithium-ion Cordless Leaf Blower 13000RPM, Max Air Speed 200KM/h, Light Weight Outdoor Power Tool for Clearing Dust and Leaf, 1pc Battery and 1pc Charger Included VPCD2180 https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B07V3BWSYN/...1SM1JZMFGT2YXJ
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2021, 06:56 AM   #19
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
This is how I clean my motherboards regularly. Never had a problem.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2021, 08:12 AM   #20
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser-P View Post
Even with the datavac you've got to be a little careful and hold your fans in place. I've heard you can spin them so fast that it burns out the bearing.
depending on which type of fans you have too much pressur eon them can easily kill them too

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2021, 12:37 PM   #21
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2021, 07:12 PM   #22
Evileh

I always hold the fans use about 60 psi. Now when i cleaned my gf's computer out last week i went higher... The dust, tar from cigs, and cat hair omfg that rad was toast.... it was like a toxic gas cloud errupted from the garage it was baaaaaad. Now, it runs fine and doesn't over heat no more lolololol.

Old Mar 9, 2021, 04:19 PM   #23
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

tar is the worst, back when i still smoked it was a pita to clean the fans

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2021, 11:41 PM   #24
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
I always hold the fans use about 60 psi. Now when i cleaned my gf's computer out last week i went higher... The dust, tar from cigs, and cat hair omfg that rad was toast.... it was like a toxic gas cloud errupted from the garage it was baaaaaad. Now, it runs fine and doesn't over heat no more lolololol.
You cleaned out tar from your gf.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote