Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 3, 2012, 09:00 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Default Canless Air Systems O2 Hurricane Computer Duster "Never Buy Canned Again!"

Wow, this thing looks interesting. Might actually buy one, since like most PC builders I too use a lot of canned air.

Check it out.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...0D3-00A2-00001
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 09:04 PM   #2
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Interesting... that whole video they only turned it on for a second. I was interested to see how much air it pushes out for being so damn loud.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 09:05 PM   #3
lazyx
Radeon Southern Islands

lazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Can you get high of it?
lazyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 3, 2012, 09:18 PM   #4
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Interesting... that whole video they only turned it on for a second. I was interested to see how much air it pushes out for being so damn loud.
Did you watch the whole video? They showed clips of it being used in various different situations.
Old May 3, 2012, 09:23 PM   #5
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
Did you watch the whole video? They showed clips of it being used in various different situations.
I saw those "promo" clips. I wanted some real world right in front of the camera tests like newegg always does with the products they review like that,

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 09:27 PM   #6
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I use a thing called an air compressor and blow gun. just keep the tank drained.

"canned air" never has enough pressure to really blow a surface clean.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 09:28 PM   #7
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Well, the user reviews on the Newegg product page are saying it works well. I am seriously considering one. Looks like its a product that will pay for itself many times over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
I use a thing called an air compressor and blow gun. just keep the tank drained.

"canned air" never has enough pressure to really blow a surface clean.
You keep that thing by your computer desk?
Old May 3, 2012, 09:30 PM   #8
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

"less than $100." you don't say.
$65.
http://www.harborfreight.com/3-gallo...sor-95275.html
Old May 3, 2012, 09:30 PM   #9
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Well, the user reviews on the Newegg product page are saying it works well. I am seriously considering one. Looks like its a product that will pay for itself many times over.

Nope, it's in the garage, every couple months I take the PC out there and blow the **** out of it. The dust doesn't just get recirculated back into my room either.
Old May 3, 2012, 09:32 PM   #10
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Location: Manches All hail king Dave, ruler of all Manchesville
JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Interesting, that would of saved me a fortune back in the day.

Obviously no good as a replacement for a proper air compressor but would have been great to of rid myself of countless cans of compressed air whilst mobile.
JohnEJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 09:52 PM   #11
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:

When you do, post back to let us know well it works.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 10:43 PM   #12
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I've never seen or heard of a can of compressed air exploding, and I've left em in cars when it was 35c out...

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 10:52 PM   #13
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Wow, this is great idea. Might be a little noisy but the benefits totally out weigh that. If i ever see it locally im gonna get it.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 11:02 PM   #14
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
"less than $100." you don't say.
$65.
http://www.harborfreight.com/3-gallo...sor-95275.html
**** you just found the most anemic air compressor ever built

Old May 3, 2012, 11:19 PM   #15
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger

If this does what it says it does I'm definitely getting it.
Adanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 11:39 PM   #16
Fat_Daddy_Cool
Poundmaker's Descent

Fat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete strangerFat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete strangerFat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete stranger

I am interested
Fat_Daddy_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 12:08 AM   #17
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

i bought the datavac from amazon. its not cordless but it does the job and its cheaper. i just get an extension cord and clean the ol rig outside.
Old May 4, 2012, 12:11 AM   #18
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Ordered!
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 12:24 AM   #19
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Give me an air compressor any day, can do so much more. Single taskers are lame, just ask Alton Brown.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 12:44 AM   #20
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Yeah we have a decent size compressor and it blows canned stuff out of the water. You can never get em that clean with the cans. Now with my compressor I can get it completely dust free and not annihilate my house with dust since I do it outside. I really need some new fans for my case 2 of my four died recently and my temps have been skyrocketing. I keep the side open and it's directly under my A/c vent keeps it pretty cool when the A/c is on!!
Old May 4, 2012, 12:45 AM   #21
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Nope, it's in the garage, every couple months I take the PC out there and blow the **** out of it. The dust doesn't just get recirculated back into my room either.
Or sometimes, I'll fill up another airtank and bring that in. 3 gallons of compressed air.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 08:15 AM   #22
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

you cant turn it upside down and piss off a friend though
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 10:08 AM   #23
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

If you wanted to get really cheap, Pump sprayer. Cost you under 10-20 bucks, depending on size, at your local hardware store.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 10:29 AM   #24
Briner
Goku could beat Superman

Briner is still being judged by the masses

Thats the video professor guy from the infomercials
Old May 4, 2012, 11:29 AM   #25
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder squirrel View Post
**** you just found the most anemic air compressor ever built

with more power than this little thing! anemic or not if you're just blowing dust off computer parts 60psi is plenty!
Old May 4, 2012, 11:30 AM   #26
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Or sometimes, I'll fill up another airtank and bring that in. 3 gallons of compressed air.
There ya go. Fill up a bubble tank.
Old May 4, 2012, 12:09 PM   #27
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

For people who don't want to watch all the marketing bullcrap:
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 12:22 PM   #28
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

I want to see the surface up close. You can blow dust off anything pretty easily but getting that last thin layer away is the hardest part.

When that video started up I was sure that noise was the router
Old May 4, 2012, 07:25 PM   #29
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Why didn't I think of that! I'll have to pick one up.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 07:32 PM   #30
monkeydust
Radeon Arctic Islands

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

Here's a cheaper corded one that is very popular on Amazon.com. I may have to pick one up (either of them).

http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-E...pd_sim_sbs_p_2
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX case
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote