Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 11, 2021, 05:46 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default Gaming drought

Is it just me or is there a real drought all of Q1 2021 and also December last year. No real new games with exception of Cyberpunk which we saw how it went.

What are you gays playing these days? I am playing games from 2020 mostly. Heck I even started playing Ghost Recon Breakpoint which is an absolute turd of a game.

Looking for game ideas.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2021, 06:04 AM   #2
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I'm going backwards through games I've already played a couple of times. Nioh 2 was the newest, then 2018...playing a 2017? release now. I'm just not interested in any of the latest releases.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2021, 07:32 AM   #3
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

When there's no more new release games you want to play its always a good time to work on the backlog. Every PC gamer has a backlog so don't tell me you don't.

What i usually do when i need to figure out what to play is make a list and sort them by what order i want to play them, and get playing.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 11, 2021, 07:45 AM   #4
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Heck I even started playing Ghost Recon Breakpoint which is an absolute turd of a game.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2021, 08:02 AM   #5
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Can't help you. I've just spend ungodly amount of hours on Nioh 2, took a break and tried to get into Sekiro again and bounced off that. Went back to Ghost of Tsushima and realized the game is way too long. The third act just falls apart, too big an area with too few things in it, to be fair though I was probably burnt out on it by the time I got there. Not to mention having the most visually blah area be the capstone of the game was a little weird. Managed to slog through to the end and plat it, but eh.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what to move to. Either I give Sekiro another stab, go back to Nioh 2, start up Death Stranding, or something else. Tempted to pick up Yakuza 0 and give that a go.

This definitely doesn't help you though as these are all year plus old games. There just hasn't been anything where I've been, "Yeah, I need to play that now." I seriously think the last game I payed full price for was Nioh 2.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2021, 08:14 AM   #6
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post
Can't help you. I've just spend ungodly amount of hours on Nioh 2, took a break and tried to get into Sekiro again and bounced off that. Went back to Ghost of Tsushima and realized the game is way too long. The third act just falls apart, too big an area with too few things in it, to be fair though I was probably burnt out on it by the time I got there. Not to mention having the most visually blah area be the capstone of the game was a little weird. Managed to slog through to the end and plat it, but eh.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what to move to. Either I give Sekiro another stab, go back to Nioh 2, start up Death Stranding, or something else. Tempted to pick up Yakuza 0 and give that a go.

This definitely doesn't help you though as these are all year plus old games. There just hasn't been anything where I've been, "Yeah, I need to play that now." I seriously think the last game I payed full price for was Nioh 2.
I'm halfway through Dark Souls 3 lol. It's clunky as hell after playing Nioh 1&2 but there's enough to keep me busy.

I agree with KAC, but then again my tastes are super niche so finding a game I really enjoy is tough.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2021, 08:15 AM   #7
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I'm still waiting for patch 1.2 to come out before I move forward with CP77. Other than that, I'm playing my backlog: Titanfall 2, Watch Dogs 2, Jedi Fallen Order, and Mass Effect Andromeda (meh). Still have way more games than I have time, so no complaints.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2021, 08:18 AM   #8
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

I mostly play older games, Sins of a Solar Empire (with mods), League of Legends for my multiplayer fix, and Flight Sim 2020 (ok not old). Also recently purchased Rise of Nations Enhanced edition (played it a long time ago and remember it was fun) and that one is pretty old. I still prefer RTS games and since nobody makes those anymore have no choice but to play the older ones.

Basically, older games > newer ones in my book.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2021, 08:23 AM   #9
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I'm still waiting for patch 1.2 to come out before I move forward with CP77. Other than that, I'm playing my backlog: Titanfall 2, Watch Dogs 2, Jedi Fallen Order, and Mass Effect Andromeda (meh). Still have way more games than I have time, so no complaints.
Andromeda gets better midway onwards.

yoz
Old Mar 11, 2021, 08:32 AM   #10
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I mean I am playing and finishing games but nothing really recent. The one I have played which is recent is Dirt 5. Which was good. Is Hitman series worth getting into. I just don’t feel like playing stealth games. Heck I even Rambo-ed Death Boning.

What about MGS 5? I tried playing it 2-3 times but never really got into it because of repetitive mission structure.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2021, 08:49 AM   #11
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I'm halfway through Dark Souls 3 lol. It's clunky as hell after playing Nioh 1&2 but there's enough to keep me busy.

I agree with KAC, but then again my tastes are super niche so finding a game I really enjoy is tough.
Oh yeah it's clunky. It got a lot better for me once I embraced the fact you can roll through pretty much anything. I still haven't played through the entirety of 3 yet. Always lose steam after a while for whatever reason despite loving the series.

Hell I'd probably be playing Demon Souls if I had my hands on a dirty PS5.

Quote:
I mean I am playing and finishing games but nothing really recent. The one I have played which is recent is Dirt 5. Which was good. Is Hitman series worth getting into. I just don’t feel like playing stealth games. Heck I even Rambo-ed Death Boning.

What about MGS 5? I tried playing it 2-3 times but never really got into it because of repetitive mission structure.
From what I've heard they're good yeah, Hitman that is. Haven't played the new ones myself yet. Might be a little too stealthy for you though? Although they're kind of set up as big sandboxes to play around with in terms of killing your targets so there's a lot of different ways to go about things. It looks like there's a free trial of the first one in the new series if you want to give that a go to see if you'd dig it.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2021, 09:28 AM   #12
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Basically, older games > newer ones in my book.
I agree. Mainly because they are usually all patched up and have all the extra DLC content available. Also usually cheap if you haven't bought it yet. I hardly ever play new release games, unless its something highly anticipated. The best modern gaming experiences IMO are with 1-2 year old games.

Quote:
I think you asked that before in the MGSV thread and I suggested just sticking to the main story missions. You don't need to do all the redundant mission variations. Also that game plays extremely well in either stealth or Rambo style so you are not pigeon holed in that respect. Gameplay wise its the tightest MGS game by far. Story wise its a little weird and obtuse compared to the others, but I'd recommend you just play it for the gameplay.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 10:17 AM   #13
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

With my backlog pile, I'm really never concerned about gaming droughts.

Seriously, sometimes I think maybe someday I'll end up injuring my back and having to stay in bed for a year, and that's the only way I'll ever make a dent in my backlog.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2021, 11:11 AM   #14
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Andromeda gets better midway onwards.
Good. I made the mistake of choosing the default female Ryder toon during character creation, and it's fugly. Got a few hours into the game and I just can't stand to look at her anymore. Restarted the game with a new custom toon that is much easier on the eyes.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 11:52 AM   #15
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Good. I made the mistake of choosing the default female Ryder toon during character creation, and it's fugly. Got a few hours into the game and I just can't stand to look at her anymore. Restarted the game with a new custom toon that is much easier on the eyes.
I don't think they could ever make the fem character any better.

yoz
Old Mar 11, 2021, 11:55 AM   #16
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

WTF is a toon.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 12:22 PM   #17
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
WTF is a toon.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2021, 12:24 PM   #18
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

well, for me it's kinda the other way around, i have a ton of games, but can't play most of em because my ancient rig is crapping out all the time. That aside the obvious thing to do is clearing your backlog, as already mentioned.

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Old Mar 11, 2021, 12:29 PM   #19
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Been trying to learn to be an luxury home architect playing Valheim. Soon my Viking mansions will be in high demand across the game world!! Actually barely touched the game so far but it seems like a relaxing time sync for now. Back to chopping trees down...
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2021, 12:38 PM   #20
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Been trying to learn to be an luxury home architect playing Valheim. Soon my Viking mansions will be in high demand across the game world!! Actually barely touched the game so far but it seems like a relaxing time sync for now. Back to chopping trees down...
yeah, it's a time sink for sure. Took me a while to get the hang of terraforming You can build impressive structures once you understand how the static works.

Old Mar 11, 2021, 12:39 PM   #21
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Lol we all have so many games... There will never been another drought unless you only play new releases...
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2021, 12:49 PM   #22
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

Now it's a good time to get out and get some fresh air.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 01:12 PM   #23
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

I just play Destiny 2 and BFV lol

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2021, 01:13 PM   #24
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

From what I've heard, it'll get worse before it gets better. Games that came out thus far over the pandemic were basically ready to ship (for the most part, give or take shitpiles like Cyberpunk). Games that were early in development, though, suffered most from devs being unable to work on the brainstorming and thinking stuff for a long time. AAA games may be delayed further or just be fewer the next couple years. Luckily I enjoy many AA and Indie games too, which shouldn't have been as badly delayed due to Covid.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2021, 01:14 PM   #25
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
I just play Destiny 2 and BFV lol
You're here? What happened, Baron kicked you out of Discord?

yoz
Old Mar 11, 2021, 02:15 PM   #26
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yep, it has been slow. I've playing cold war quite a bit because of the s2 grind.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2021, 04:23 PM   #27
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
WTF is a toon.
Master race card revoked!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2021, 04:31 PM   #28
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
WTF is a toon.
A cartoon? Toon for short.

yoz
Old Mar 11, 2021, 04:36 PM   #29
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
A cartoon? Toon for short.
Yeah, it's an older (and stupid) term for the custom character you play in RPG games, especially MMOs. Harkens back to my WoW days.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 04:36 PM   #30
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

OK shoot me. Never heard of anyone referring to their game avatar as a toon.