Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Nov 24, 2006, 05:25 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Default Pics of my photogenic 86 Z28 ( 56kers will infact, die ).

Here she is finnaly a nice day where I could get out and clean her then sport her photogenic side. I love taking pics of thirdgens so much more than 4th. Some standard "So you can see it" pics will be below the good ones so you can see what the car likes. And a exhaust clip ( whoopidy doo ).

Details: Car is a '86 z28 Hardtop 305 Carb with SLP ZR1 17x8 wheels, flowmaster exhaust, 1" Hotchkis lowering springs all around.

Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2006, 05:26 PM   #2
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Here is the clip of exhaust again *whoopidy doo*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNjaj4w1D20
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Nov 24, 2006, 06:21 PM   #3
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Did you take the restrictor plate off of that beast? If so you better keep that on the down-low, its not exactly street-legal!
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 24, 2006, 06:38 PM   #4
GRimm862
Banned

GRimm862 is still being judged by the masses

No offense to you but that is one ugly car. Not just yours just that car in my personal taste. I hate camaros. I hate firebirds, along with trans ams. There all ugly. And get a 5 spd swap in that thing. But The car looks good though if i liked those cars. So nice car.
GRimm862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2006, 09:26 PM   #5
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

The older Camaro's are definitely not my thing, but I must say...that is THE CLEANEST one I have ever seen.

Great looking car man, and good luck with it!

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2006, 11:26 PM   #6
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
The older Camaro's are definitely not my thing, but I must say...that is THE CLEANEST one I have ever seen.

Great looking car man, and good luck with it!
Only attractive camaro was like the '67, IMO.

The 70's TA's and Camaros were absolutly hideous pseudo-futuristic crap.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 12:01 AM   #7
Scott
I like my backyard

Scott is still being judged by the masses

Well I like it CP! The interior is exactly what I had in my 86' Berlinetta, same colours and cloth patterns, same overhead console, except I had the pedestal radio/tape player and when it finally pooped out there wasn't any way to 'upgrade'. Mine was repainted black on the ext and tires had raised white letters (cool for the time, that was years ago). Also had that same 305 4 barrel carb and the air filter that was strangely too tall for the lid. Don'tcha hate all that extra noise it makes??

I got a pair of tweezers, a can of air, and some bacardi :\

-
sittal
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 12:02 AM   #8
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

lol cleanest I ever seen..yeah and that was good muscle car too.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 12:04 AM   #9
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Well I like it CP! The interior is exactly what I had in my 86' Berlinetta, same colours and cloth patterns, same overhead console, except I had the pedestal radio/tape player and when it finally pooped out there wasn't any way to 'upgrade'. Mine was repainted black on the ext and tires had raised white letters (cool for the time, that was years ago). Also had that same 305 4 barrel carb and the air filter that was strangely too tall for the lid. Don'tcha hate all that extra noise it makes??
I think its funny how even the bottom of the barrel third gen V8 ( the LG4 305 4 bbl carbed car ) can still outperform most brand new imports.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Nov 25, 2006, 02:16 AM   #10
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
I think its funny how even the bottom of the barrel third gen V8 ( the LG4 305 4 bbl carbed car ) can still outperform most brand new imports.
fast in a straight line (but is still slower than most performance imports), and can't corner at all.
sorry i do think it is ugly as well, mainly the giant wheel arches with small wheels, and the headlights.
squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 08:43 AM   #11
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
fast in a straight line (but is still slower than most performance imports), and can't corner at all.
sorry i do think it is ugly as well, mainly the giant wheel arches with small wheels, and the headlights.
Umm, actually the third generation Z28's/trans ams/GTAs/Iroc Zs came with better suspension that is on the 1998-2002 LS1s. Then being a hard top lowered an inch with some of KYB's best shocks, the $1000 in tires it does out handle most imports in the corners . I have drove a TypeS, Integra, WRX ( all newer models ) and it does handle better whether you want to believe it or not, regardless, I don't care because I get to drive it.

Third gen hard tops have almost zero body roll, and lag. If you ever drove one you might know that.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Nov 25, 2006, 10:36 AM   #12
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Umm, actually the third generation Z28's/trans ams/GTAs/Iroc Zs came with better suspension that is on the 1998-2002 LS1s. Then being a hard top lowered an inch with some of KYB's best shocks, the $1000 in tires it does out handle most imports in the corners . I have drove a TypeS, Integra, WRX ( all newer models ) and it does handle better whether you want to believe it or not, regardless, I don't care because I get to drive it.

Third gen hard tops have almost zero body roll, and lag. If you ever drove one you might know that.
sorry dude, but all that weight alone is going to keep you from ever touching *most* import sports cars. even the FWD'ers...

anyways, good looking car, its just a shame that chevy ever put a 305 in a z28.

edit: not to mention, imports have something your camaro doesn't... a glove box

Last edited by Elysian : Nov 25, 2006 at 10:38 AM.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 01:15 PM   #13
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:

I was with you till you claimed it handled better than all WRX models. I don't see that Camaro hanging with a WRX STi for long. No way in hell.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Nov 25, 2006, 01:17 PM   #14
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I was with you till you claimed it handled better than all WRX models. I don't see that Camaro hanging with a WRX STi for long. No way in hell.
especially after having riden in my friends brand new sti last week, its just not gonna happen. and i know how well a stock wrx can handle as well...
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 01:23 PM   #15
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

I know the STi and EVO are faily similar in handling, not exactly the same...but close. I had my 02 Mustang GT for 1.5years and dumped an assload of money into it. I decided to try out other cars and go for test drives to make sure I wanted to continue modifying the Stang before I moved on to the next step, which was full suspension in preperation for a supercharger.

Well, I test drove an EVO...and to this day it's THE BEST handling car I've ever driven. It convinced me to sell the Stang and purchase the Vette I have now. That car was amazing. I would have gotten one of those, as I looked at 2 more...but my girl said no 4dr-4cyl cars...EVER! So I moved onto a V8 car with great handling...

Anyway, those EVO's and STi's...I don't see much ever coming close to them in handling. Especially not a stock 86' Camaro. It's great in it's own ways, but not in handling.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Nov 25, 2006, 01:50 PM   #16
GRimm862
Banned

GRimm862 is still being judged by the masses

Lol any m3 will outhandle any of the cars mentioned above with ease. The e30 M3 with suspension work will grip 90 degree corners at 50+ with out wheel hop or sliding.
GRimm862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 02:35 PM   #17
Vengeance
May 2, 1965 - April 21, 2008

Vengeance is still being judged by the masses

Nice car....yeah I would take it over an import any day of the week.

Good old American muscle!
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW
COOLER MASTER Stacker Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Westinghouse 22in wide screen LCD @ 1680x1050

Report a bug with the NVIDIA graphics driver.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 05:23 PM   #18
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
I think you guys are misinterpting what I said, or maybe I said it wrong, I was saying I have driven those cars and it still feels like it could outhandle most imports but not all of them.

It still has a center console box -shrug- if a glovebox means more performance and fun, then I will lose a glovebox in every car. Sorry but that is a terrible slam.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz

Last edited by CurrentlyPissed : Nov 25, 2006 at 05:25 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 05:29 PM   #19
Scott
I like my backyard

Scott is still being judged by the masses

I used to goose it at idle speed with a friend in the passenger side when driving (cruising?) downtown... he got tired of going up and down and up and down. That kind of car NEEDS RWD, it's where all the fun comes in.

I don't think anything other than a V8 will ever sound anywhere near as []AWSOME[/]!!

I got a pair of tweezers, a can of air, and some bacardi :\

-
sittal
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 05:55 PM   #20
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
I used to goose it at idle speed with a friend in the passenger side when driving (cruising?) downtown... he got tired of going up and down and up and down. That kind of car NEEDS RWD, it's where all the fun comes in.

I don't think anything other than a V8 will ever sound anywhere near as []AWSOME[/]!!
I personnaly can't stand not having any control in the rear, RWD you can fishtail it, powerslide it, do anything with it and know when and how to get it back with much more control over FWD/AWD. It may not be as good for permanent traction but face it, it is the easiest to recover and control when lost.

And the fun is definatly more there lol.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Nov 25, 2006, 09:15 PM   #21
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I personnaly can't stand not having any control in the rear, RWD you can fishtail it, powerslide it, do anything with it and know when and how to get it back with much more control over FWD/AWD. It may not be as good for permanent traction but face it, it is the easiest to recover and control when lost.

And the fun is definatly more there lol.
rwd is definitely not the easiest to control, especially a bit heavy, badly weighted rwd.
fwd is much more predictable, and awd is even better.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 09:21 PM   #22
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
rwd is definitely not the easiest to control, especially a bit heavy, badly weighted rwd.
fwd is much more predictable, and awd is even better.
So by your theory, no control in the rear end = better control? . Maybe if you can't drive a car worth a damn then yes I would agree that oversteer is alot worse on a RWD car.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Nov 25, 2006, 11:16 PM   #23
squid
Cute

Quote:
So by your theory, no control in the rear end = better control? . Maybe if you can't drive a car worth a damn then yes I would agree that oversteer is alot worse on a RWD car.
i'm just saying that a fwd or awd is more predictable than a rwd, due to the tendancy to understeer rather than oversteer. yes you can powerslide a rwd, but if you start powersliding unexpectantly, you tend to spin, or try and overcorrect and end up all over the place.
i'm not saying that fwd or awd necessarily handles better than a rwd, that is up to the individual car, but generally understeer is more controllable than oversteer, which is why most cars come with a thick front swaybar, so that they induce understeer so stupid people won't go into a spin when they get in ****.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 12:22 AM   #24
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

RWD is probably the easiest to wipe-out in.

Understeer is extremely predictable, whereas oversteer is not, alot more can go wrong with oversteer as well, such as overcompensation, which is more common than not.

Even if you can "drive worth a damn" oversteer can be your worst nightmare. Powersliding and drifting overall is NOT EASY regardless of what you see in videos, try whipping that wheel 3 turns before beefing it into a telephone pole to properly countersteer a strong slide.

Keep in mind any car can be oversteered as well, all you need is plenty of tricks in your bag, and they dont necessarily require an emergancy brake.

Not to mention "fishtailing" is the loss of rear control in a straight line, which is NOT GOOD, and "powersliding" can really only be done in low low speed turns, mostly 90s with a low power/weight car. Powersliding through wide ass turns require high high high power/weight. Generally powersliding will cause more problems than its worth, you can get much better of a slide with something like a clutch kick or throttle cut than trying to hammer the throttle through a turn. Drifting and sliding is about throttle control and not balls out power. Power kills.

Neither fishtailing or powersliding have any practical use in any normal car.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 01:09 AM   #25
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post

Neither fishtailing or powersliding have any practical use in any normal car.
Neither would an engine output of more than 80 horse/60tq.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Nov 26, 2006, 01:43 AM   #26
squid
Cute

Quote:
have fun with your 5k rev limit
Old Nov 26, 2006, 02:03 AM   #27
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
have fun with your 5k rev limit
... I can't even come up with a honest comment to respond to something as stupid as this.

Well I guess this would be a comment to it but yah..
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Nov 26, 2006, 02:07 AM   #28
squid
Cute

so you are saying that revs are useless and it is only torque that matters?

torque wins drags, power wins races.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 09:57 AM   #29
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
What does that have anything to do with the fact fishtailing is the loss of control of a vehicle and powersliding is for showing off and being a hardbutt?

and I'll have you know, 80hp could be pretty damn fast in a 1000lb car.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 12:08 PM   #30
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
so you are saying that revs are useless and it is only torque that matters?

torque wins drags, power wins races.

You need to explain where your going with this a little bit more. Because yes, what your saying makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. One car needing to rev up to 9k to make power, where another car revs to 5k to make it's power doesn't matter.

As far as handling goes, I'll throw fwd right out the window. AWD is where it's at, and rwd is damn close. Anybody trying to defend fwd is out of their minds, or doesn't race much.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

Last edited by OverclockN' : Nov 26, 2006 at 12:10 PM.