Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 5, 2014, 01:59 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber
Default Loadout - Free shooter goodness?

Anyone else playing this? Seem's pretty damn nice to me, and it's a F2P.

What I like
- Weapon feel
- Weapon customization
- Movement
- Maps thus far

What I dislike
- Casual random game mode being all I have to select
- 4vs4
- No votekick when in the lobby(long count down timer unless everyone ready's up)

http://www.loadout.com/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/208090/

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2014, 02:23 AM   #2
LimeyGeeza
Radeon Volcanic Islands

LimeyGeeza once held a door open for a complete strangerLimeyGeeza once held a door open for a complete strangerLimeyGeeza once held a door open for a complete strangerLimeyGeeza once held a door open for a complete stranger

Looks good, will try it for sure.
LimeyGeeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2014, 03:28 AM   #3
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Looks fun, i love how your char gives the middlefinger after you get killed

Will definately try this one. Thx for posting.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:03 AM   #4
Sir Duke
Radeon R700

Sir Duke can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySir Duke can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I tried this for 10 hours, this is how I feel about it:

pros

- fast and furious quake style of game play
- you can try out all the parts of a weapon pretty early on, even as a low level
- free to play, only worthy items to purchase for real money are xp boosts and cosmetics
- 4 game mods, basically, death match, capture the flag, hold the point, and extraction (one random person on each team carries minerals to a bucket to score, protect the carrier)
- funny cosmetics and taunts

cons

- game matching system, one team is always stacked, either my team destroys the other team completely or the other way around
- only 4 or 5 maps in rotation, gets old real quick
- a weapon part can be leveled up 2 times, level 2 takes about 20 games, level 3 about 50 games, each game about 10-15 mins. It takes a while, and it adds minimum advantage.
- default cosmetics are minimum, everyone looks almost the same. Shop cosmetics are expensive.
- minimum team work

For me, I feel this is not a long term game for me. Good game to play a few games here and there, but you will be owned by the veterans in no time.
Sir Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:54 AM   #5
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

they should have made this into some coop game

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2014, 12:03 PM   #6
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Helga with pasties

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Old Feb 6, 2014, 03:57 AM   #7
LimeyGeeza
Radeon Volcanic Islands

LimeyGeeza once held a door open for a complete strangerLimeyGeeza once held a door open for a complete strangerLimeyGeeza once held a door open for a complete strangerLimeyGeeza once held a door open for a complete stranger

Installed this today, and there is some weird stuff going on with the textures on the character models for me - they flicker all the time and go black.

I would think it's something I could turn off in the graphics settings (or on) but they are very limited in game... hmmmpphh - I think I'd quite like this too.
LimeyGeeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2014, 10:10 AM   #8
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeyGeeza View Post
Installed this today, and there is some weird stuff going on with the textures on the character models for me - they flicker all the time and go black.

I would think it's something I could turn off in the graphics settings (or on) but they are very limited in game... hmmmpphh - I think I'd quite like this too.
Not sure what might cause your problems, running perfect here, game even recognized my settings, i haven't had to change one thing. Playing on max settings without a single hiccup. Only complain so far was that i got d/c'ed once.

Old Feb 9, 2014, 11:13 AM   #9
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

kingofslackerz is still being judged by the masses

Installed and played a little today. Seems fun, quick, and easy to play. Looking forward to see how gameplay plays out with the higher levels/better guns.

I will agree with above, customizing your character is super expensive.
kingofslackerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2014, 02:27 AM   #10
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

While upgrading the weapons does change the dmg-output, it isn't that much. And the customizing, well, it's just cosmetic stuff, so if you really wanna have a "special" char....well, there goes yer money, as in every other game too. And yes, it is ridiculous expensive.

Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:11 PM   #11
MUTHA-Theresa
Dirty Peace Luvin Hippie

MUTHA-Theresa is not someone to be trifled withMUTHA-Theresa is not someone to be trifled withMUTHA-Theresa is not someone to be trifled withMUTHA-Theresa is not someone to be trifled withMUTHA-Theresa is not someone to be trifled withMUTHA-Theresa is not someone to be trifled withMUTHA-Theresa is not someone to be trifled with

I like that you can't $$buy their more versatile weapon part options, having to earn them all through fight $$.
I'm diggin it so far, the weapons and utilities aren't overpowered, and it leaves allota room for creative weapon combinations and tactics to shine.
I'm kinda using one of my loadouts like a tech from UTXMP, providing turret offense/defense and support for example.
Definitely will need more maps, larger groups, and more game types soon to keep my interest.

Now. Fly, you fools! - efin

Last edited by MUTHA-Theresa : Feb 10, 2014 at 04:47 PM.
MUTHA-Theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2014, 05:34 PM   #12
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

kingofslackerz is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
While upgrading the weapons does change the dmg-output, it isn't that much.
While I agree it isn't much of a change, I'd rather have it swing this way than the opposite. Balanced gameplay is always far better than unbalanced.
kingofslackerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2014, 08:33 PM   #13
Javi3r
Leesburg, FL

Javi3r is still being judged by the masses

This is a great game! I'm having a blast!
Javi3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2014, 06:28 PM   #14
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

I tried playing a casual game with two humans against three bots... It was a "scavenger" game that involved finding up crystals, picking them up, and throwing them in a hopper. For some reason, I couldn't pick them up. The "E" key (per the bindings) did nothing. Is there something in the rules that I'm missing?

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2014, 07:56 PM   #15
vertual
Canopus Pure 3D

vertual once held a door open for a complete strangervertual once held a door open for a complete strangervertual once held a door open for a complete strangervertual once held a door open for a complete stranger

I haven't played it, but I just saw a stream playing that mode, and I think you have to be designated Collector to do the collecting, which you do till you die, then someone else is the Collector.

Could be wrong, tho.

The game looks tempting, and it's free.....
vertual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2014, 08:27 PM   #16
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

Ah, that would make sense.

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2014, 02:40 AM   #17
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
Ah, that would make sense.
The game declares someone as a collector, for some period of time. If you are selected it will anounce that also. And yes, you obviously only can carry crystals if you are selected. The rest of the time your goal is to protect the carrier and/or kill the enemy carrier.

Old Feb 12, 2014, 04:55 PM   #18
Javi3r
Leesburg, FL

Javi3r is still being judged by the masses

Loadout - Jackhammer @ Trailer Park - HD 1440p

Javi3r is offline   Reply With Quote